Advertisement

Author Topic: Getting Older  (Read 885 times)

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Getting Older
« on: May 13, 2022, 10:10:41 AM »
Things change.

I used to think what my parents ate was always so unappealing and appetizing.

Now I find myself craving it. I'd pass up steaks and hamburgers for simple boiled greens with no meat any day.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Older
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 10:44:35 AM »
You still like to eat boil beef with the intestines?
Maybe some hard cow blood

YUM

thats my favorite

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 12:34:03 PM »
For sure.  The things that I find unappealing when young is now what I crave. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 01:41:59 PM »
I do my own shopping and them aisles that I will no go down the lane is bakery and candy section. 

Getting older, feeling guilty eating children food and older folks should be craving for sweets anyway.  Diabetes. 

My craving has her roots.  Crawfish boil with the Louisiana crab boil powder.   I used to eat them once a year because I know they be hiding in them rice paddy out there in the north sac area but going into them fields is muddy and dirty work plus you get chase out by them land owners.  Can't blame them though.  Other before us destroyed their rice paddy.  We stayed clear of the crops.  We just harvest them small dried up creeks from around the paddy but we are still trespassing so yeah. 

If I'm lucky enough, I'll eat them at the buffet but they made them not to be that great.  Without the famous Louisiana boil powder, it is not the same.  Only time I do really feat on them is if I go visit my family from down south.  The industry is big enough that they can be bought, year round. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2022, 01:45:54 PM »
Only thing I crave every now and thenpumpkin juice.still think Qaib Vom and simply boiled greens and pork belly is so bland..but tastes buds do change for me, so that can change..but some foods i grew up disliking or can't even have it in my mouth for a millisecond, I love now..celery..g otta have celery in my chicken soups now...haha gotta have bean sprouts in my chow mien and chow fun too..haha still love soda pops and candies though..lols

Had qaib vom last weekend. Need the pepper to make it legit.

Waiting for the local farmers market to open this year so I can get the veggies. Using the pumpkin from the stores aren't the same.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 01:53:26 PM by lexicon »

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 01:46:43 PM »
Yes, I love zaub ntsuag now.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2022, 01:52:47 PM »
I do my own shopping and them aisles that I will no go down the lane is bakery and candy section. 

Getting older, feeling guilty eating children food and older folks should be craving for sweets anyway.  Diabetes. 

My craving has her roots.  Crawfish boil with the Louisiana crab boil powder.   I used to eat them once a year because I know they be hiding in them rice paddy out there in the north sac area but going into them fields is muddy and dirty work plus you get chase out by them land owners.  Can't blame them though.  Other before us destroyed their rice paddy.  We stayed clear of the crops.  We just harvest them small dried up creeks from around the paddy but we are still trespassing so yeah. 

If I'm lucky enough, I'll eat them at the buffet but they made them not to be that great.  Without the famous Louisiana boil powder, it is not the same.  Only time I do really feat on them is if I go visit my family from down south.  The industry is big enough that they can be bought, year round. 

Yeah, they're either too expensive or the quality is inferior for people inland.

Sure we have fish in abundance in the Midwest but ain't nothing like a fresh plate of seafood. I can still taste the freshly caught red snapper I had in FL from last year  ;D

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2022, 01:55:15 PM »
Yes, I love zaub ntsuag now.

Boiled green beans, pumpkins and all that! It's my go to if I crave soda or anything sweet.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2022, 01:56:50 PM »
You still like to eat boil beef with the intestines?
Maybe some hard cow blood

YUM

thats my favorite

No blood.

And only on special occasions. Too much work for just myself.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2022, 02:36:12 PM »
When there is a hmong party, they got to feed a lot of people so the portion is gonna be cheap but effective, you know what I go for?  Boil greens.  Yep, the one they cook with boiled pork.  I don't care much about the meat but the greens though.  Give me that, some hmong pepper sauce and rice and that's a complete meal for me. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +377
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2022, 06:42:05 PM »
Since i'm getting a little older and starting to have a few white hair early on, I ate some sour & salty mustard pickle or you might say zaus qaub.

I told myself why am I becoming Moses so early.  ::) :P

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements