Advertisement

Author Topic: Unfortunately, I've seen this happen in Laos too  (Read 262 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1333
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, I've seen this happen in Laos too
« on: August 10, 2022, 11:37:20 AM »
Now, if this is done to help the rest of the family survive, not as bad but if this is done due to personal greed and selfishness by defrauding others, it's really bad:

Man in China arrested for marrying off underage, mentally disabled daughter to 3 different men for money
A man in central China married off his mentally disabled teenage daughter on three occasions between 2018 and 2021 to three different men for cash.

The father, surnamed Xie, from Lianyuan Hunan province, sold his daughter Tingting to receive bride payments. He claimed that his daughter was over 20 years old, although she was born in January 2005.

Tingting first got engaged to a man in 2018 when she was under 14 years old. In 2019, she was engaged to a man, surnamed Chen, in his 30s. She had just turned 14, although Xie kept her true age a secret. The matchmaker who brought the two together stated that she was “18 years old and young and fertile” and that she “doesn’t even know that one plus one equals two.”

When Chen asked Tingting for her ID card to open an account at the bank, he discovered that she was only 16 years old. He and his family, however, expressed nonchalance as the two had been married for more than two years at the time.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Unfortunately, I've seen this happen in Laos too
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 11:47:39 AM »
It shouldn't even be done even if it's to survive. There are other ways to survive. A true dad should give himself up for his daughter's well-being, even die for her.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1333
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 12:07:39 PM »
There's really no good option when it comes to extreme survival of the pack situations like the examples I've seen in Laos. It's unfortunate but the options are pretty much either bad or worst in those life and death situations.

Agree that a parent should sacrifice him/herself instead of his/her child but if that's going to cause the whole family to die too then sacrificing one child to save the rest may be the only option for some situations as hard as it is to do.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 12:08:25 PM »
It shouldn't even be done even if it's to survive. There are other ways to survive. A true dad should give himself up for his daughter's well-being, even die for her.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements