Advertisement

Author Topic: Inflation and the Job market vs Wages  (Read 1601 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Inflation and the Job market vs Wages
« on: September 02, 2022, 02:37:35 PM »
Yall seeing wages increase at your work place?  Everyone seems to do it and a must do to retain their employees because people are not just doing the great resignation but are really resigning for a better pay elsewhere. 

Within the past year, my place of employment had a lot of turn overs with managements included.  The people I know from different departments are leaving by the numbers.  They all went to the competition so of speak.  Lets take for example the lowest pay class at our workforce the janitorial crew.  They started out at $15 an hour.  Just 6 months ago, they got bumped up to $19.  Now, it is sitting at $25 an hour.  Crazy huh? 

Big time game changer for most non salaried workers here.  From $15 to $25 in just 1 year is unheard of.  So now, a lot of entry level folks are trying to get hired with us.  Our starting salary is now $25 an hour. 

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: Inflation and the Job market vs Wages
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 07:46:35 PM »
Damn

Yall hiring man???
Still same wage here in neck of the wood
Maybe a few buck or two if you get a good companies

;D ;D

God did not created man...man created god

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 10:43:26 AM »
Damn

Yall hiring man???
Still same wage here in neck of the wood
Maybe a few buck or two if you get a good companies

;D ;D

I'm sorry but your destiny in life is to be poor but happy.  I don't want to mess up your happiness.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 10:42:41 PM »
I guess i will continue to be poor

;D ;D ;D

God did not created man...man created god

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2022, 03:17:52 AM »
and the quality of the work still isn't increased, but actually lowered as of the result.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2023, 03:06:22 PM »
Yall seeing wages increase at your work place?  Everyone seems to do it and a must do to retain their employees because people are not just doing the great resignation but are really resigning for a better pay elsewhere. 

Within the past year, my place of employment had a lot of turn overs with managements included.  The people I know from different departments are leaving by the numbers.  They all went to the competition so of speak.  Lets take for example the lowest pay class at our workforce the janitorial crew.  They started out at $15 an hour.  Just 6 months ago, they got bumped up to $19.  Now, it is sitting at $25 an hour.  Crazy huh? 

Big time game changer for most non salaried workers here.  From $15 to $25 in just 1 year is unheard of.  So now, a lot of entry level folks are trying to get hired with us.  Our starting salary is now $25 an hour.

Same at my place of work... the salary for hourly went from $12/hr with incentives (could get up to $16) to $18 with incentives (potential for $25). The salary workers, however, remained the same. They need to raise the wages because other businesses of same sizes are upping their wages to $18-19/hr for entry level non-skill workers. However, our products are scheduled to have a price increase of  5%.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2023, 09:38:27 PM »
I am definitely underpaid for what I do.  Now all the people who left for higher wages are...trying to come back.  Okay these folks left on a lousy note.  They left me stranded with no sincerity and it was more like screw you. 

Yeah, I would like the hire help, but the help is so lousy and below par.  And no I do not wish to hire any of those who left to come back at a higher wage, cuz their work performance was lousy and only gotten more lousy towards the end.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Advertisements