Advertisement

Author Topic: My BIL is an Engineer and he's short at 5'6", probably cheaper than $175k though  (Read 392 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Short kings, rise and grind: Study says 5'6" men need to earn $175,000 more a year to be as desirable as 6’ men

Finance influencer Vivian broke down a study on online dating that found shorter men must earn more per year to be seen as desirable as taller men, with the number being even higher for Asian men. In the clip posted to her Instagram account on Friday, Vivian, better known by her online handle "Your Rich BFF," begins by asking, “How much is six inches worth?”

Software engineers from big tech firms like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and Meta are paying at least $75,000 to get 3 inches taller, a leg-lengthening surgeon says

Workers from Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Meta are paying $75,000 to be taller, a surgeon told GQ. The Las Vegas surgeon can lengthen patients' legs via a painful months-long process. He breaks the thigh bones and inserts nails that are extended every day for three months. A Las Vegas cosmetic surgeon specializes in leg-lengthening procedures that can grow people's height by 3 to 6 inches, as a new GQ profile said. Many of his patients are tech workers. Kevin Debiparshad founded LimbplastX Institute in 2016, and the clinic's business has boomed during the pandemic, he told GQ.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
A man borrowed $75,000 for leg-lengthening surgery to make him 3 inches taller, report says

A man who borrowed $75,000 for surgery faces monthly $1,200 payments for the next five years.

John Lovedale told GQ that "the world seems to bend" for taller men.

He decided to take out a loan to pay for leg-lengthening surgery to become 3 inches taller.

A man who borrowed $75,000 for leg-lengthening surgery that made him 3 inches taller will spend $1,200 a month on repayments for the next five years, GQ magazine reported.

John Lovedale, in his mid-40s, explained why he went through the painful, months-long surgery. "I noticed that taller people just seem to have it easier. The world seems to bend for them," he said.

He decided to take the opportunity to become 3 inches taller when he heard about the procedure. Before doing so he was about 5 feet 8.5 inches tall, slightly less than the average height of 5 feet 9 inches.

Lovedale took a loan from the online bank SoFi to pay for the surgery, which costs between $70,000 and $150,000, depending on whether the patient wants to grow by 3, 4, 5, or 6 inches, GQ reported.

The network engineer will now spend $1,200 in repayments for the next five years, but has no regrets, the magazine reported. "People just look at you differently when you're tall. I already get a lot more looks at the gym," Lovedale said.

He first heard about the leg-lengthening procedure performed by Kevin Debiparshad on Facebook.

Debiparshad is one of only a handful of surgeons in North America who perform cosmetic leg lengthening. He founded LimbplastX Institute near Las Vegas in 2016, and the clinic's business boomed during the pandemic, Debiparshad told GQ.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile

Damn... I failed on both ends. Oh well, life is 'short', I have no time for these women.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I was considered tall back in my teens for Hmong but now, I'm just average height for an American.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Damn... I failed on both ends. Oh well, life is 'short', I have no time for these women.

Well if you ever have $75k laying around, you can change that...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I spent $100,000 on leg-lengthening surgery to help my career. It was unbelievably painful, but I have no regrets.

Rich Rotella, 38, is an actor who had limb-lengthening surgery to advance his career.
He says it added 3 inches to his height and boosted his confidence, but it was painful.
Rotella doesn't have any regrets and is working on a documentary about his experience.
This as-told-to essay is based on a conversation with Rich Rotella, a 38-year-old actor from Los Angeles, about his experience having leg-lengthening surgery to get ahead in his career. It has been edited for length and clarity.

I've always felt the need to be taller, even as a teenager. I was 5-foot-5 and felt like I paled in comparison to my peers, so my mother and I sought medical advice from a doctor in Frederick County, Maryland, where I lived at the time. The doctor recommended a variety of options to boost my height, one of which included a growth hormone that I didn't end up taking.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
It would look weird to have disproportiona te arms to the longer legs unless they lengthened the arms as well.

Advertisements