Advertisement

Author Topic: Unlike most Hmong, my nephew wants to buy a truck from the Motor Company instead  (Read 227 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
..of Toyota so he asked me if he's making the right choice. I told him, it's your truck and your hard earned money, get the one you want regardless. He went out to look at one and sent me a photo of the sticker and asked me for advice of how to get the best deal. I told him that it's difficult to really get a great deal in the las couple of years due to the supply and demand factor, supply line issues, etc., but he should still hit up the dealerships he's willing to travel to and see who will give him the best deal for the same truck and be sure to ask for the OTD price and have it in writing:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
He was looking at this too for the same money:

2023 Ford F-150 Lighting Pro Road Test: Does it still make sense at $60,000?

The electric work truck is good, but it’s definitely no longer a bargain

The 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro that just left my driveway is a prime example of how pricing changes can shift your whole perspective on a vehicle. When Ford launched the Lightning for the 2022 model year, the Pro started at a dumbfoundingly good price of just $41,769. Today, that same truck will run you $61,869. What in the blazes happened?

According to Ford, materials costs, supply chain struggles and market factors happened. No matter the reason/excuse, though, such a price increase in such a short period of time is simply unfathomable for any vehicle. You might be thinking to yourself that the original price was simply too good to be true. I was curious myself how Ford managed to price the Lightning as low as it did originally, and when queried in 2021, Ford’s general manager for its battery-electric vehicle division, Darren Palmer, had answers. In a nutshell, Ford promised that it could still turn a profit on the Lightning at its original price because of scale and parts sharing with the gasoline F-150 and its other EVs. It makes some sense — nothing sells better than the F-150 in the United States.

Almost two years later, though, and Ford’s ability to brag about profiting at that eye-popping low price is kaput. The vinyl-covered, base-spec work truck version of the Lightning is now an over-$60,000 proposition, and when you know where the price started from, it’s impossible not to feel a little depressed about the truck’s competitivenes s. However, the “competitiveness” angle is where Ford has truck buyers where it wants them.

What other electric pickup are you going to buy? There’s the Rivian R1T, but that’s both considerably smaller than the Lightning and goes for even more money. And then there’s the Hummer EV Pickup, which is basically unobtainium for now until GM ramps up production. Neither are exactly what you think of when someone says “pickup,” either. Others are coming, including more traditional offerings from GM and Ram, but they’re not here yet. Buyers are therefore left with the Lightning, nothing or the excellent gas-powered work truck across the dealer lot.

Ford specifically made the Lightning Pro for fleet duty. Be that as it may, the Pro “work truck” with vinyl seats/flooring, no keyless entry and a plastic steering wheel is surprisingly well equipped. If you want a similar level of equipment and features in a gasoline-powered F-150 — including the Pro’s included 2.4 kW Pro Power Onboard generator system, LED headlights, 12-inch infotainment system, fully digital gauge cluster, dual-zone auto climate control, heated seats and way more — you’re looking at an F-150 XL PowerBoost hybrid that is pushing well into the mid-$50,000 range. Going without Pro Power and the requisite hybrid powertrain would save some money, but it’s a tough feature to lose. When you drill down on these like-for-like equipment comparisons, the Lightning Pro that was looking like a rip-off just a few moments ago looks like it has potential. Plus, there are a lot of advantages you get when opting for the Lightning.

For one, the Lightning is both quicker and rides better than any gasoline-powered F-150. Maybe a fleet coordinator doesn’t care about such things, but as an owner, those are big advantages. The Pro comes standard with 452 horsepower and 775 pound-feet of torque from its two electric motors, getting it to 60 mph in less than 5 seconds. Only the F-150 Raptor R will beat it in a straight line. Its independent rear suspension design means the ride quality over poor pavement trounces that of gasoline-powered F-150’s. Driving a more comfortable truck every day makes it worth more, especially if the use case for such a truck will be as a daily driver. The frunk is another big plus, as it allows additional, easy to access storage that a gas-powered F-150 doesn't. The complete silence of the powertrain and convenience of one-pedal driving are other big Lightning advantages over any of the gas-powered F-150s, even the PowerBoost hybrid. Unless you’re one to relish in the roar of Ford’s 5.0-liter V8, there’s no beating the serenity of cruising around town with just you, your thoughts and some tunes.

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
But where he lives, the ICE version makes more sense so he opted for it instead...

I told him, it's his hard earned money, and he's getting it for him so better get the one he wants or he may encounter buyer's remorse issues down the road.... O0

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
What  he needs to do or maybe have you do is to hit up every website of that Ford stealership in the local area.  When you email them for inquires, you are talking to the internet manager.  Get the bottom line pricing and get it in writing.  Then you send that inquires to another stealership that has the same vehicles and trim and see if they can beat it.  I had incident where I was in the closing cubicle and while dealing the car, I had a call from another dealership for a better pricing.  I put them on speakerphone so now you have two stealership trying to fight for my business. 

There are more tricks to it to get the pricing down and all them added fees, you can get them to wave it by either refusing to pay it or say you will pay it if they knock off the pricing for that same amount.  They tend to knock off the pricing if you say you are going to finance through them.  That 10% apr is really 7% because the 3% goes to the dealership and that is their profit off the finance.  This is why they are able to knock off a few from the purchasing price.  This is why I don't pay it all off by writing them a check.  I go through finance, get the pricing knocked off and the following month, I'll call up the bank and asked them what I owe them and I would like to pay it all off.  Dealership do not like this because they already gave you a discount and yet, they can not make money off you for the life of the financing terms.  They might call you to biatch about it too but just ignore their calls.   :2funny:

Like this post: +1
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
I would avoid FORD and CHEVY truck like the MOSES’ PLAGUE

Used old beater, i will buy
But not new

;D ;D

STOP GIVING PEOPLE BAD ADVICE

God did not created man...man created god

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
WELPS so much for crying:

I ALREADY STOP CLICKUON THEM

PH's George Santos just can't help shooting himself on the foot:

forget the poor man's Tacoma..... ford F150 is where it's at!!!

damn dude...

i test drive my cousin's F150 and it is wayyyy better and smoother than these old tacoma
that my relatives lend me to haul my stuff away

these F150 are no JOKES

im starting to understand why it's the BEST SELLING TRUCK IN THE USA

;D ;D ;D

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I would avoid FORD and CHEVY truck like the MOSES’ PLAGUE

Used old beater, i will buy
But not new

;D ;D

STOP GIVING PEOPLE BAD ADVICE

VS.

damn dude...

i test drive my cousin's F150 and it is wayyyy better and smoother than these old tacoma
that my relatives lend me to haul my stuff away

these F150 are no JOKES

im starting to understand why it's the BEST SELLING TRUCK IN THE USA

WHAT AN EPIC FAIL!!!...as usual.. ;D ;D ;D

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Why does this dude goes around troll spamming
??

Funny ass shyt

;D ;D

God did not created man...man created god

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
"Why does this dude goes around troll spamming" more LIES
??

"Funny ass shyt"..when he's "mad", super "salty" and "hella jealous":

dang...somebody is salty

damn bro u hella jealous. that's embarassing man yo..

;D ;D ;D

Advertisements