Advertisement

Author Topic: Yeah this California bill proposed by progressive Democrat is a waste of money  (Read 88 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1329
    • View Profile
Doubt it would make the roads and streets any safer because lack of common sense idiots will still do idiotic stuff:

California bill would mandate all new cars have device to 'automatically limit' speed to 10 mph over limit

California Sen. Scott Wiener is introducing a new set of bills to make streets safer across the state, including one that would change how you drive.

It would require any new car or truck made or sold in the state in 2027 or later to have special technology installed in the car called "speed governors." The device would make it physically impossible for vehicles to go 10 miles per hour over the posted speed limits.

"I don't think it's at all an overreach, and I don't think most people would view it as an overreach, we have speed limits, I think most people support speed limits because people know that speed kills," Wiener said.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +382
    • View Profile
If the idea is so grand will he consider installing one in cops' vehicle as well? Cops love to go over speed limit according to their abusive power trip.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
Doubt it would make the roads and streets any safer because lack of common sense idiots will still do idiotic stuff:

California bill would mandate all new cars have device to 'automatically limit' speed to 10 mph over limit

California Sen. Scott Wiener is introducing a new set of bills to make streets safer across the state, including one that would change how you drive.

It would require any new car or truck made or sold in the state in 2027 or later to have special technology installed in the car called "speed governors." The device would make it physically impossible for vehicles to go 10 miles per hour over the posted speed limits.

"I don't think it's at all an overreach, and I don't think most people would view it as an overreach, we have speed limits, I think most people support speed limits because people know that speed kills," Wiener said.

Look who sponsored it...  a Wiener. Pretty soon, CA will tell residence what they can eat, drink and when to poop, sleep, etc etc
Also, if this go into affect - there will be no more revenue from speeding tickets and no need to speed trap.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements