Advertisement

Author Topic: Ramblings  (Read 51651 times)

TuesdaysGirl

Re: Ramblings
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2010, 10:50:04 PM »
Finally got everything together to do a mock set-up for the Mother's Day luncheon. I had a change of heart and decided against yellow.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 09:32:37 PM by TuesdaysGirl »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2010, 07:48:51 PM »
There's something about washing dishes in the rain that I find enjoyable. Of course, I'm feeling loopy today. Still.

I had a feeling it would happen. Even so, finding out it did made me sad. The cleaning crew threw away the yogurt I accidently left over the weekend. I don't really care about the yogurt. It's the spoon!  :'(

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 09:33:12 PM by TuesdaysGirl »

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2010, 05:23:43 PM »
I love when people click "Reply to All" on emails without realizing it. It makes for some great laughs at times.  :)

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2010, 07:45:30 PM »
"Where do you want to go?"
"Wherever you want to take me."
.....sighs.....
 :)
I love it.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2010, 04:09:37 PM »
 :-\
I'm becoming a List Lady.  

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:26:07 PM by TuesdaysGirl »

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2010, 08:10:13 PM »
I had a Blonde moment this morning. I spent 2 good minutes digging through my bag looking for my key badge, my worry increasing with every passing second, only to realize I had it around my neck the whole time!  :-[

Oh yes, and I fought with the evil refrigerator.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2010, 08:49:49 PM »
EXHAUSTED! Even so, it was such a wonderful day. So much pride and joy. As A would say, "Congratulation s Uncle Nou Nou."

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:25:34 PM by TuesdaysGirl »

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2010, 08:45:16 PM »
I can't stop grinning. Yes! Yes! Yes! May 25th. Two more days. Tuesday.
The anticipation makes my heart race.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2010, 06:32:28 PM »
I'm soooo going to figure this out. Just watch me!

May 25th has come and go. Sadly, the buildup wasn't worth the wait. Oh well, that's life for you.

She gazed at him as if time had somehow made him unrecognizable, as if she had never once closed her eyes and knew his face as clearly as she did hers, as if they had never been one.

"Hi," he greeted.

Bittersweet recognition washed over her. It was him alright. There was no mistaking the way his silver eyes glinted when he smiled. In a glance she took in his appearance.

He was more attracted than she remembered. She felt her heart compress at the sight of him. "Hi."  ;)

almostfamous

« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2010, 06:35:44 PM »
I'm soooo going to figure this out. Just watch me!

May 25th has come and go. Sadly, the buildup wasn't worth the wait. Oh well, that's life for you.

She gazed at him as if time had somehow made him unrecognizable, as if she had never once closed her eyes and knew his face as clearly as she did hers, as if they had never been one.

"Hi," he greeted.

Bittersweet recognition washed over her. It was him alright. There was no mistaking the way his silver eyes glinted when he smiled. In a glance she took in his appearance.

He was more attracted than she remembered. She felt her heart compress at the sight of him. "Hi."  ;)

Was he a time traveler?  ::)

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »
I forget....stup id cat!  >:(

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2010, 06:40:37 PM »
Was he a time traveler?  ::)

:P

An Angel-alien! ;)

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2010, 09:41:02 PM »
Curse you horrible, horrible, horrible week! I'm glad you're gone for the month. To celebrate your goodbye I went shopping. I was good, I only bought a few things.

I'm actually keeping up with the NBA finals this year. I really, really, really hope Boston wins. Only because I want K.G to win.  :love4: If I could kiss any athlete in the world it would be K.G.  :love5: :love7: :love7:

S, Z & I are meeting for dinner tomorrow. It should be fun. We haven't gotten together in months. I can't wait to see how S looks now that she's a month away from her due date.

Sighs
Okay. I'm ready for Monday, for more woes from E, for the lame R&R waiting on my desk, for the trip, and finally, for Father's Day.

I think.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2010, 11:29:46 PM »
Happy Father's Day, Dad. Thank you. Thank you for your unselfish sacrifices, your unwavering support, your sound wisdom, and most of all, your boundless love.

I've come to realize more than ever before that I'm as much your daughter as I am mom's. I have as much of you in me as I do mom. You've taught me much. Hard work, responsibiliti es, integrity, unselfishness.

You are the greatest man I know.

Thank you.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2010, 06:09:02 PM »
"Why?" asked A of my sister and me.
"Because they have to," replied my sister.
"But why mommy," persisted A.
My sister and I looked at each other. We were both thinking the same thing. Because.
It may be the pessimist in me, but I feel sad for the whole situation.

"Tenacious much?" she asked with a touch of laughter in her eyes.

He glared at her. Unlike her, his face was devoid of humor. "Are you kidding me? What? Did you sneak into the sugar canister? Are you on something? Is that why your brain's so muddle?"

The humor vanished from her brown eyes like a disappearing coin trick. "There's no need to be cruel," she said.

"Cruel," he scoffed. "If I'm being cruel it's because you're being stupid."

Her face fell. "I'm sorry you feel that way," she said. "But I've already explained. Why can't you respect my decision?"

Because it's stupid he thought. Because I want you echoed the voice inside his head. Because you're it screamed his soul.

"That wasn't an explanation," he said. "It was nonsense. Time to slay your own dragons. Normal people don't think like that."

Pity crossed her pretty face. "I know," she whispered.

There was something heartbreakingl y honest about her response and he suddenly felt like a cad. "I won't wait. I might not be here."

Wide eyes rounded on him before looking down. When she looked up again there were unshed tears in them. "I know."

*Sigh*
I ate way too many penny candy today.

Advertisements