Advertisement

Author Topic: Ramblings  (Read 50898 times)

TuesdaysGirl

Re: Ramblings
« Reply #225 on: April 29, 2012, 07:17:59 PM »
Thanks Lavender, but I can't take all the credit for it because I had a lot of help.  :)

Down time.....I spent last evening and this morning working on things for dad's hu plig this coming weekend.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:18:52 PM by TuesdaysGirl »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #226 on: April 29, 2012, 07:21:30 PM »
Last on my To-Order List: Cake.

HELP: Does anyone know how to write, "Thank you, Dad" in Hmong? I need to find a Hmong/English dictionary.

DonJuan

« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2012, 08:52:28 AM »
Thanks Lavender, but I can't take all the credit for it because I had a lot of help.  :)

Down time.....I spent last evening and this morning working on things for dad's hu plig this coming weekend.

Rolled almost 1,000 egg rolls:

Finished floral arrangements for the string-tying:

:o :o O0
Speechless :o

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2012, 12:00:23 AM »
:o :o O0
Speechless :o

:)

The ladies at work are so sweet. I didn't make it in today and they text to see how I was doing. I love working with great people.

CN received great news today. After almost a year in the Health Department, he's finally moving onto the ES field. I'm so happy for him...and for myself. The responsibiliti es I put on myself are lessening. He's stepping up. My doubts and fears are dissipating. Dad is so proud of him.

KS's grad is this weekend. I'm extremely happy and so, so proud of her. She's the one that mom and dad were worried about the most. While CN, MB, S and I breezed through high school in three years, mom had to step in on her behalf to make sure she did the same. And now....she's getting her BA. As her oldest sister, I couldn't be prouder. Though, I've no idea what to give her as a grad gift. One more year and MB will be done and finally, mom and dad can breathe in a sigh of relief.

It's amazing how life sometimes turn out. The predictable and the unpredictable. The happy and the sad. The hopeful and the heartbroken.

June 10 is fast approaching. Part of me is excited.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2012, 11:04:08 AM »
I don't like hospitals..... ..

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #230 on: June 01, 2012, 11:26:17 AM »
I love L....she always has food for me. :)
Minus 7 hours and counting.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #231 on: June 04, 2012, 01:26:54 PM »
Things about work No. 3:
I'm finally moving out of the freezer office. Yay!  :)
And.......no meeting today!

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2012, 06:45:35 PM »
I need a drink. I spent most of the afternoon fixing other people's mistakes. *SIGHS* I'm SOOOOO ready to go home.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #233 on: June 08, 2012, 06:06:53 PM »
UGH....once again I fed the wrong meter and had to scrounge for change! :(  >:(  I'm sooo NOT use to having to pay for parking at work.

A's kindergarten promotion was today. She looked so cute in her dress and sandal. It was an emotional moment for my sister. First grade, here she comes.

One more hour left.....

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2012, 11:21:52 AM »
Waiting.....fo r the meeting to start. Waiting.....wa iting....waiti ng............ ..........
I hope the department hires a new receptionist soon.......
Waiting....... ....
Waiting....... ....
A part of me is horrible at waiting.......

There was a dead cat in the road this morning on my way to work. Poor thing.  :(

The weather's better today, only a high of 92. I can't wait for next Tuesday.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2012, 12:22:18 PM »
Tuesday....it was worth the wait. I'm in :love1: Awww....I want a Winter Makepeace.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2012, 05:31:27 PM »
There are many reasons why I love reading EH's books. Aside from the obvious, she's a gifted writer. Her characterizati ons are spot-on. Her plots are riveting and, at times, suspenseful. She pulls me in and I become a part of her fictional world. I love it! I need to learn from her.

Things about work, No. 4:
I'm keeping my eyes on the clock because I have to feed the meter in twenty minutes. I really, really dislike this about work. Last I check, I'm number 11 on the list for a parking spot. Maybe I'll get a spot by the end of the year? I hope so.

I just realized that in a month and a few days, I'll be two years away from my thirties. How time flies. Flashes of playing in the sand, making "houses" with my feet appear before me. It's such a cherish memory. A part of me miss it. I'll have to make a sand house the next time I'm at the beach.

It's still fresh, so a part of me still wants a Winter.

And you.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2012, 10:26:56 AM »
I'm disappointed.  :( I helped with reception yesterday. In a rush, I forgot to lock my bag in my office and left it up there. One of the coworkers covered while I was in a meeting. Today, I find that I'm missing $40.00. I know I didn't spend it. I know it was in my wallet. It's disheartening to know that it was taken.

It's not much. Still, it never crossed my mind that a coworker would do such a thing. I would never do such a thing. My trust in humanity just took a punch.  :(

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #238 on: August 20, 2012, 04:01:58 AM »
I'm going to need lots of caffeine this morning.

A is too cute. She told me the other day, "Auntie CC, you're wearing a teacher skirt." LOL, (I was wearing a pencil skirt.) On Tuesday, she said to me, "You're wearing a ballerina skirt." (I was wearing a skirt with ruffle.) She comes up with the funniest associations. She's also stuck on the Double song.

I'm anticipating the career change. Already, it feels too long.

TuesdaysGirl

« Reply #239 on: August 20, 2012, 09:43:10 PM »
I miss this place:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 10:19:46 PM by TuesdaysGirl »

Advertisements