Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1580857 times)

JACK_25

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 01:54:09 PM »
If you Ladies & Gents are familiar with the St. Paul area....I remembered there is a cemetery on Como St that the Hmong folks alway talk about.
One of my Hmong buddy told me a story that when they were kids they dared each other to climb over the fence to play around the cemetery.  One night they decided to play tag around the tombstones just for the hell of it.  Person who's "it" would have to chase and tag the others while running around the mazes of tombstones.  My buddy said that it was pretty dark out...the only way you can see a person is when they stood up from hiding and their silhouettes are against the moonlight. Well needless to say, there were only 5 of them playing and at the end of the game they all stood up....however my buddy counted 6 players! He was so scared that he started to scream and climbed over the fence at the same time.  Then all his friends started to scream and climb over the fence and they all met up on the other side of the street.  They talked about what happen and they couldn't figure out who the 6th player was....they all concluded that it must have been a ghost.  They were too scared to tell their parents because they knew they would be in deep trouble for being at the cemetery.  I'm sure a lot of chickens were sacrificed for my buddy and his friends in the following week...lol

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

FEARLESS

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 03:06:46 PM »
If you Ladies & Gents are familiar with the St. Paul area....I remembered there is a cemetery on Como St that the Hmong folks alway talk about.
One of my Hmong buddy told me a story that when they were kids they dared each other to climb over the fence to play around the cemetery.  One night they decided to play tag around the tombstones just for the hell of it.  Person who's "it" would have to chase and tag the others while running around the mazes of tombstones.  My buddy said that it was pretty dark out...the only way you can see a person is when they stood up from hiding and their silhouettes are against the moonlight. Well needless to say, there were only 5 of them playing and at the end of the game they all stood up....however my buddy counted 6 players! He was so scared that he started to scream and climbed over the fence at the same time.  Then all his friends started to scream and climb over the fence and they all met up on the other side of the street.  They talked about what happen and they couldn't figure out who the 6th player was....they all concluded that it must have been a ghost.  They were too scared to tell their parents because they knew they would be in deep trouble for being at the cemetery.  I'm sure a lot of chickens were sacrificed for my buddy and his friends in the following week...lol

Dang! that's spooky. But please refer to my signature.....

JACK_25

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 11:47:36 PM »
Dang! that's spooky. But please refer to my signature.....

What do you mean "refer to your signature?"

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 03:25:05 PM »
Jack_25, Yikes! those stories give me goosebumps.  But keep it coming!

Since I don't have stories to share, here's a link for those who enjoy reading scary stories like me ;D ;D

http://members.tripod.com/~DragonKid/main.html

These stories are creepy!!!  Enjoy and don't read when alone.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

babiie_gurlo

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 02:04:54 PM »
HEY THANKS FOR SHARING..OMG!!THAT IS SOME CREEPY STORIE..

&&

Dok_Champa,
THANKS FOR THE SITE..THOUGH I, MYSELF IS A CHICKEN BUT I LOVE READING AND WATCH MOVIE DEB EXCEPT FOR SOME HMOOB MOVIE..LIKE THAT MOVIE ZEB&&SUA..GOSHERS I CAN NEVER WATCH THAT MOVIE AGAIN..
MY GRANDPA PLAYED IT FOR ME WHEN I FIRST GOT HERE TO THE U.S. AND I WAS ONLY LIKE 3 OR 4 YEARS OLD!!.. HE EXCEPT ME TO WATCH THAT..EVERYTIM E I WATCH IT I GET NITE MARES. SO I STAY AWAY FROM THAT MOVIE.. I WOULDN'T WATCH IT IF SOMEONE PAID ME TOO..YES I KNOW I'M A CHICKEN..HEHE

Offline nruabsiab

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 06:17:13 PM »
jazz - Heres a nice one for ya!...  ^-^  U know in the mid 80's there was a "queer" trend of Hmong men in Ban Vinai who started wearing red nail polish.  ... It supposedly had to do w/ a 'horny' female ghost spirit who would come around to "tsuam" and do "other stuff"  to any guy who was unmarried. .... So all the single guys had to paint their nails in order to fool the ghost that they were "girls" too so she wouldn't come around to bother them..... then they would hang up signs on their doors sayin something like "only old women, a dog and a cat lives here" ... believing this would also ward off the ghost! lols  >:D

I heard of this one from the folks who lived there during those days!   :laughing7:
i've never heard of that one... live in ban vinais 83-86

Offline nruabsiab

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 06:22:22 PM »
I have that feeling too. I can sense almost any place if someone died in there or not.. my sister has a stronger feeling. The stories i hear from her freaks the shiet out of me and she's dumb like those american movies where if you hear or see something moving.. she'll go chase or find it. ahahaha
lilly....i told  you this rite???? when i was in MN visiting that person....one of his uncle's GF told me a story...... when her family first moved to a house, she was so addicted to the comp/internet that she would stay up really late... then she heard noises... she brushed it off, she heard it again, she brushed it cus she was too addicted to the net/chatting.... 3rd time.. she got scared and turn off her comp and went to bed.....

later they found out that was the house was haunted because a brother killked his younger brother over a game..... I'm like OMG... I know who's used to live there... LOL ....  :o :o :o :o ;D

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 06:29:28 PM by nruabsiab »

Retribution

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 08:03:47 AM »
A story I've heard .. not sure if its true or just urban legend ...  :happy9:

Two Hmong guys were on a road trip from CA ... driving back home to MN. ... they come to a rest stop and happen to see this Asian girl sitting alone at a bench there. She comes up to them and ask if they are Hmong -- Yes, they reply.   ... She tells them that she was on a bus going back home to MN ... when her bus stopped at that rest area .... she took too long and they forgot her there. ..... So now she is stranded.  .... They tell her they are going to MN too .. but that they are stopping at some other places before going there. .... She then asks if they can help take her to the nearest bus station to catch another bus to get back home.

Ok, they agree - so she hops in with them. ...... Once they reach the nearest bus station, she gets off and thanks them. She also asks if they have some money they can lend to her since she doesn't have enough to buy another ticket. ... she gives them her home phone # back in MN and tells them they can call her mom up to repay them the money. SHe gives them her jacket as evidence that they'd met her, and ask them to also tell her mother she'd be home soon.

So they give her some money and off they go on their own way.

About a week later, after they get home to MN ... finally one of them decides to call up the girl's mother. .... He didn't really intend to get his money back, but more like wanted to return the girls jacket back to her. An elderly lady answers the phone .. she says she is the girls mother ... so he then starts to explain about how he and his friend met her daughter on a recent road trip...and tells out the rest of the story.

After his explanation - there is a brief silence.  .... A little puzzled, he asks her again if she really is the mother of the girl. .... Finally, the mother answers him and says, " BUt my daughter that you speak of has been dead for 3 years now! ... She died in a car accident along the very same highway that you and your friend were on! ..... How can this be of what you tell me!?!"

After a long while of bewilderment .... the deceased girl's family decide that they should perform a "tso plig" ceremony for their daughter since at the time of her death, the family still worshipped Shamanism .. but not long after that, they converted to Christianity and thought that the "tso plig" would not be necessary any longer.

Not long after they performed the "tso plig" ceremony.... the mother said her daugher came to her in a dream telling her that she had finally "mus thawj thiab lawm" ...  :sleepy5:

Sounds like the typical Hmong ghost story. And knowing Hmong people they're usually gullible so lots of people run off believing that one because we all know spiritual beings cannot transfer physical items.

Retribution

babiie_gurlo

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 06:51:12 PM »
A story I've heard .. not sure if its true or just urban legend ...  :happy9:

Two Hmong guys were on a road trip from CA ... driving back home to MN. ... they come to a rest stop and happen to see this Asian girl sitting alone at a bench there. She comes up to them and ask if they are Hmong -- Yes, they reply.   ... She tells them that she was on a bus going back home to MN ... when her bus stopped at that rest area .... she took too long and they forgot her there. ..... So now she is stranded.  .... They tell her they are going to MN too .. but that they are stopping at some other places before going there. .... She then asks if they can help take her to the nearest bus station to catch another bus to get back home.

Ok, they agree - so she hops in with them. ...... Once they reach the nearest bus station, she gets off and thanks them. She also asks if they have some money they can lend to her since she doesn't have enough to buy another ticket. ... she gives them her home phone # back in MN and tells them they can call her mom up to repay them the money. SHe gives them her jacket as evidence that they'd met her, and ask them to also tell her mother she'd be home soon.

So they give her some money and off they go on their own way.

About a week later, after they get home to MN ... finally one of them decides to call up the girl's mother. .... He didn't really intend to get his money back, but more like wanted to return the girls jacket back to her. An elderly lady answers the phone .. she says she is the girls mother ... so he then starts to explain about how he and his friend met her daughter on a recent road trip...and tells out the rest of the story.

After his explanation - there is a brief silence.  .... A little puzzled, he asks her again if she really is the mother of the girl. .... Finally, the mother answers him and says, " BUt my daughter that you speak of has been dead for 3 years now! ... She died in a car accident along the very same highway that you and your friend were on! ..... How can this be of what you tell me!?!"

After a long while of bewilderment .... the deceased girl's family decide that they should perform a "tso plig" ceremony for their daughter since at the time of her death, the family still worshipped Shamanism .. but not long after that, they converted to Christianity and thought that the "tso plig" would not be necessary any longer.

Not long after they performed the "tso plig" ceremony.... the mother said her daugher came to her in a dream telling her that she had finally "mus thawj thiab lawm" ...  :sleepy5:

aww..that's a really nice one..though very sadd :(

sapphire**

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 02:50:51 PM »
My second oldest brother had a friend when they were in college.  I believe they were living in the same dorm during their stay in college.  Anyhow, the friend has a girlfriend.  The friend wanted to go visit his girl, so he asked my brother to go with him, but my brother had too much studies to do, so he asked another friend of his to tag along.  So both my brother's friend went on their trip to see the girlfriend.  When they got to her house, it was already kind of late during the evening.  So they stayed there for about an hour and a half.  They were going to come back home, but his girlfriend's mother asked them to sleep over, since it was already so late.  So his girlfriend and mother prepared a bed in the finished basement for them.  Later that night when they were sleeping, and whispering about the visit to his girl's house, the friend who tagged along asked the other friend where was his girlfriend's father.  The friend knew that his girlfriend's father has passed away, but he didn't want to mention about it, so he lied to his friend that her father went hunting.  Apparently, the other friend said to him..." so who's that over there looking at us?" which freaked out the friend...they both got up and went home.  When they got back to the dorm, he told my brother what happened...abo ut two weeks later, he broke up with his girlfriend.

not_skinnygirl

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008, 02:58:34 PM »
*SCREAMS* !!!!!!

Retribution

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2008, 09:04:18 PM »
My second oldest brother had a friend when they were in college.  I believe they were living in the same dorm during their stay in college.  Anyhow, the friend has a girlfriend.  The friend wanted to go visit his girl, so he asked my brother to go with him, but my brother had too much studies to do, so he asked another friend of his to tag along.  So both my brother's friend went on their trip to see the girlfriend.  When they got to her house, it was already kind of late during the evening.  So they stayed there for about an hour and a half.  They were going to come back home, but his girlfriend's mother asked them to sleep over, since it was already so late.  So his girlfriend and mother prepared a bed in the finished basement for them.  Later that night when they were sleeping, and whispering about the visit to his girl's house, the friend who tagged along asked the other friend where was his girlfriend's father.  The friend knew that his girlfriend's father has passed away, but he didn't want to mention about it, so he lied to his friend that her father went hunting.  Apparently, the other friend said to him..." so who's that over there looking at us?" which freaked out the friend...they both got up and went home.  When they got back to the dorm, he told my brother what happened...abo ut two weeks later, he broke up with his girlfriend.
Too much this friend that friend but it wasn't a bad story haha

If it were a real story he should had done his homework, maybe that was just the gf's uncle. To break up with a chick over that. Silly Hmong peeps.

JACK_25

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 07:59:38 AM »
I'm currently serving in the military in Iraq right now. While there's not a lot of spooky stories from here, one of my Hmong buddy that came here in 2003 when the "Big SH!T" was still going on, he experienced some pretty strange things.  They came in, after the tank armor unit, to clear an area that was littered with dead Iraqi soldiers.  In my buddy's team was another Hmong soldier from MN.  While walking through the field of dead Iraqis, the Hmong soldier from his team couldn't keep up with the rest. He was lagging behind and was struggling.  This pissed everyone off because to be caught in an open field w/ no cover is the worst case scenario.  Anyways, after they came back to base, the Hmong soldier finally confessed to my buddy what he actually saw out there.  He said that he has alway been sensitive to the spirit world and could see them.  He said that while walking through the field, the dead Iraqi ghosts started to follow him and they were tugging and holding him down...they ghosts knew he could see them so they wanted some answers.  Some of the ghosts didn't believe they were dead while other were angry and confused about the mess they were in.  After hearing this, my buddy told the Hmong soldier that he should get into the habit of carrying some crackers with him (crackers/dried bread are standard in our MREs--Meals Ready to Eat).  My buddy told him that from what he heard from his father, you have to appease the spirits if you're in their territory.  So the next night they crossed the same field and the Hmong soldier carried some crackers in one of his pocket.  When the ghosts appeared, he told them that he was very sorry for them and offered them a meal.  He broke pieces of the cracker and threw it in the directions of the ghosts.  He later told my buddy that the ghosts started to pick up the pieces of cracker and didn't come after him anymore. 

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:08:50 AM by JACK_25 »

mlor

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2008, 10:19:38 PM »
^JACK_25, that is one creepy story...

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 11:28:20 AM by mlor »

Advertisements