Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1587276 times)

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #1230 on: December 31, 2009, 12:34:45 PM »
how would I help? lols. I'm getting freaked here!
Hehe ... you can keep my mind (and my eyes) distracted.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Hil

« Reply #1231 on: December 31, 2009, 01:07:21 PM »
that picture needs to be taken down.  this is a stories thread, not an image thread!   :P

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1232 on: December 31, 2009, 01:50:20 PM »
Just keep telling stories.
Just for you ...

There were three of us who went on a hunting trip.  We set our tent in between three trees.  One at the top of the tent (towards where our head would be), and one on either side, with the tent's door opening where there is no tree.

That night, we had two lanterns going.  One was left on the camping table which was towards the tent's door.  The other lantern, I hung on the tree towards the right side of the tent.  I slept on that side that night.

As the night grew older, I can hear the other two guys snoring.  One has a deep snore and the other was more like a whistling noise.  Somehow I managed to get a little sleep, but not for long.  Towards the morning, about 3AM or so, I woke up and I needed to pee BAD!  I wanted to get up and go pee, but it was cold and dark outside.  I kept holding onto it hoping I would fall back asleep.

Anyway, as I lay there, I can hear footsteps outside just beyond the tree.  Leaves rustling in one spot, then another spot about 3 feet away, then another, 3 feet away again.  It was as if someone with really long legs was walking towards our camping table.  I grabbed my 40S&W handgun that I usually sleep with and slowly grabbed my flashlight too.

I shouldn't even need the flashlight, because the tent was light enough to where I can see the surroundings through the tent fabric, including my truck.  The thing was, I didn't see anything walking out there.

So I slowly crawled up and made my way towards the tent door.  The next thing I knew, there was a clink of our pots and pans that was on the table.  I quickly unzipped the tent door open and stuck my gun, my flashlight, and head out.  Nada, nothing.  I didn't see jack.

I looked left, I look right, I looked behind me.  Nothing.

I finished unzipping the door and got out.  Put on my sandals and walked around the camp area.  I didn't see any footprints, nor did I see anything.  Meanwhile, my heart is pounding and my hairs are standing up.  The other guys were still snoring away.

I finally decided to take a pee-pee since I was already up and out.  It was friggin cold, and kept turning the flashlight around all over the place.  I tried to hurry up, but man!  When you've been holding it for that long, it just seems like for-EVER!

Finally, the last drop came out, and went back into the tent, butt first, of course.  I crawled back into my sleeping bag and tried to go to sleep.

A couple minutes go by of nothing but silence (other than my heartbeat still trying to calm down).  When it's that quiet in the forest and you're that scared, the only thing you hear and feel is your own racing heartbeat.

Then it happened again.  The footsteps outside, the leaves rustling.  This time, it started just outside the tent above my head.  Again, I looked and peeked through the tent fabric.  I couldn't see that there was anything.  I could see the trees beyond, from the light of the lantern.  Soon, the footsteps went around to the right like last time.  Three feet at a time, a big entity with long legs or something.

(Whoa!  That was weird.  HunnayDew, in the corner of my eye, you, in your avatar pic, looked like you turned to the right (for a profile view) and then switched back.)

The footsteps went towards the table again.  I slowly went to the door again.  I opened the door, but this time, just a little bit.  I peeked out and saw nothing either.  I just came back to my sleeping bag and crawled in (hoping HunnayDew would keep me warm).  I just layed the rest of the morning until the other guys woke up with the sunrise.  I then fell asleep when I got more comfortable that they were up.

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1233 on: December 31, 2009, 01:57:58 PM »
The next night, on that same camping trip, two more guys joined us.  They were smart and slept in their truck.  We had two lanterns again going.

I woke up in the middle of the night again, to a whistling sound.  Because of what happened the night before, I'm like WTF!!!

The lantern that was on the table was out and the one by the tree was getting dim.  I'm like, what the hell, I'm gonna have to go out and re-fuel them and relight them.  So I go out, flashlight in one hand, gun in the other.  I had my headlamp on too, but it's not as bright as my SolarForce flashlight. 

I had to set down the flashlight and my gun on the table so I can refuel and relight the lanterns.  But, I had to do it one at a time.  It was cold and dark, and it seemed like an eternity getting those lanterns back.  Anyway, finally got them both going.  Decided to pee too.

Got back into bed.  Then that's when I heard the footsteps ... again.  Good thing I didn't hear them in the dark.  But wha???  Whatever it is, I hear it when the lanterns are running bright only.  Hmmmm.

Offline lifemystery

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 31, 2009, 02:04:07 PM »
Spooky

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1235 on: December 31, 2009, 03:01:56 PM »
Once upon a slightly drizzly day, my boss calls me on my cell phone, something which he doesn't do, except in the case of an absolute emergency.  It was a Sunday.  Why the heck would he be calling me.

I decided to answer and see what's up.

He said, "Do you want some hours?"

In a confused state, I reply with, "Huh?"

He said, "Do you want some hours?  We have an email problem.  All I need you to do is go in and check it out and see if you can fix it.  You get four hours just for showing up."

Why the heck would anyone be doing work email on a Sunday?  But anyhow, since it was for the big-wig of the company, I figured four hours won't hurt anything.

I told my boss, "Sure.  I'll go in and check it out."

"Great," he says.

"I'll call you when I get there."

Not wanting to go alone, I decided to take along a buddy of mine.  We drive there and I decide we'll go in through the backdoor, since I didn't know where the other alarm disarm panels were for the building.  The only problem with coming in through the backdoor was, once disarming the alarm, I would have to go all the way through the darkness of the building to the front and turn on the lights.  There were no light switches in the rear.

Anyway, sure enough I disarmed the alarm and make my way through the maze and turn on the lights.  We come back to my desk and check the email system.  Great.  It turns out, I can fix it, but it'll take approximatel 2 hours.  So I start fixing it.

While the server was doing its thing, which I knew was going to take a while, I went to the can.  I wasn't sure where my buddy was at this time, so I just yelled out to him that I'll be in the restroom.  He answered and confirmed.  I went and did the smelly thing and came back.  I was concerned that he would be wandering the hallways, so I came out to look for him.

I went through all the hallways, but couldn't find him.  So I just came back to my desk.  I continued with what I was doing. 

A few minutes pass by and he comes by.  I asked him where he was.  He said after I went to the bathroom, he just checked out all the hallways and then he went to do the smelly thing in the bathroom too.  That was probably when I came out and started looking for him.

So I finished fixing the server and we came out.  I told him how it was said that our workplace may be haunted.  He said, well, when he was in the stall, he heard somebody come into the bathroom.  He thought it was me, but didn't think anything.  He heard the door open and then close.  I told him I never came to check for him in the bathroom.  I left the bathroom and then went to look for him in the hallways only.  And when I came out, I was sure he hadn't come in there yet.

QaumNtujTubTxib

« Reply #1236 on: December 31, 2009, 03:19:41 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of when I go to the bathroom by myself!   :o

you're afraid of everything  ;D

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1237 on: December 31, 2009, 03:20:04 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of when I go to the bathroom by myself!   :o
Yep.  It's always a spooky thing.   :-[

LADY-K-TUSHLUB

« Reply #1238 on: December 31, 2009, 03:20:33 PM »
About a month before the email incident, because of the rearranging of our office spaces, we had to move to the other side of the building.  A coworker and I found some webcams and were messing with it.  We had set them up to take pictures whenever there was any movement.  He had two on two computers.  I had two on one computer.  So we had a total of four.

At first, I set mine to take 45-second video clips for any detected movement.  He did the same too.

I had a motive, because ever since we moved to the other end of the building, my dry-erase board had been falling down on one side.  It is hung on the cubicle wall with two hooks.  One hook keeps detaching and falling.  It was odd, because it takes a good amount of force to detach the dry-erase board from the hook.  I was showing my coworker and our boss by hitting down on the board, and it wouldn't even budge.

So one day after we had set up the cameras, we went home.  The next Monday, we come in and I found that our cameras had triggered.  My dry-erase board had fallen down on the side that it usually fell down too.

After reviewing the videos, we found that there was something, but because the cameras took too long to actually start recording after something triggers it, it just saw my board already down.  It didn't catch anything causing it to fall.

I then started to ask some of the people who was there with the company for a longer time.  One of the elder ladies said there was a lady who was in the next cubicle over who died of a somewhat tragic death (her car rolled over her in the driveway).  And that lady used to be friends with the lady in my cubicle.  The only problem was, the ladies had gotten into an argument about a month before the lady died.

The two never got along after that day and was pretty bitter towards one another.  A couple months later, the lady in my cubicle retired and just went away without saying anything to anyone.

It is said by others who work alone late at night or on the weekends, that they hear things too, but never think of anything.

I think it's probably the lady who died, trying to get back at the lady who was in my cubicle.  She's probably thinking whomever is in that cubicle (me) is the lady.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:23:37 PM by LADY-K-TUSHLUB »

chingy-vang

« Reply #1239 on: December 31, 2009, 05:37:31 PM »
I'm a light sleeper also. So I hate going camping with people that sleep early, because I'll be the only one up, listening to the wind and the invisible footsteps around the campground. So I always try to sleep before everyone, but then I won't enjoy the whole camp experience because I did not stay up. SO I'm stuck.

Whiteboy

« Reply #1240 on: December 31, 2009, 06:22:04 PM »
Here's a story from my team lead. This happens in marysville in the early 90s. If your a vue. Then you should know or heard of it

He's cousin was walking back from school on the train track one day, a skunk jump right in front of him and sprayed him. So he stayed home for a weeks till the stinch went away till he could good back to school. When he went back to school cause the smell went away. He walk home again on the same train track. As he was walking, and this time a Jack rabbit just jump right into his arm and he held it. He didn't think much about it and took it home. I forgot, but I guess he was taking care of it for 2-3days. So his dad questioned him where he got that rabbit from, and he just told his dad that it just jump right into his arm. So his dad told that no animal would jump into someones arms like that and for him to kill it.    He didn't kill the rabbit, but let it go. So that night he had a bad dream and woke up to hear some pig squealing outside. He think much about it till his brother starts hearing it.

They did the jingle bell. And the shaman just told em that it was a poj ntxooj and that they have to kill it   

but anyways... After the jingle bell. The poj ntxooj kept on coming back. They had this Huge gathering late at night, where they put a fake doll in the middle. Everyone sitting in at the corner wearing mask or black covering. My team lead said it was like a halloween party. When the poj ntxooj came in like a cat. The shaman lady stab it with the Hmong knife but the stab didn't kill it. The next night it came back again. But this time they killed it. It was a big cat. 

passingby#2

« Reply #1241 on: December 31, 2009, 11:08:04 PM »
This is not a scary story but the most scariest experience that I went through...Last year during my husband's grandfather's funeral I couldn't get any time off work so during the night my husband would make me come home so that I could get some sleep. Nothing out of the normal happened but it was a freakly feeling to be all alone in a big five bedroom house during the night knowing that everyone was at a funeral. I never got any sleep lol...I would turn every light in the house on and turn up the tv really loud, and cover myself in a blanket. 

IB THIAB NEEJ

« Reply #1242 on: January 01, 2010, 01:14:28 AM »
but anyways... After the jingle bell. The poj ntxooj kept on coming back. They had this Huge gathering late at night, where they put a fake doll in the middle. Everyone sitting in at the corner wearing mask or black covering. My team lead said it was like a halloween party. When the poj ntxooj came in like a cat. The shaman lady stab it with the Hmong knife but the stab didn't kill it. The next night it came back again. But this time they killed it. It was a big cat. 

Hey when I was a kid my Aunt brought some poj ntxooj fur to our house.  She lived in Yuba City at the time.  She said that's where it happened.  That thing kept coming through a cracked window to visit these hmong people's sick son.  One night the Dad waited with a gun and shot it.  It had a long snout with small sharp teeth.  The fur was very soft.  Ever heard of this story?  It was like 15 years ago LOL

ncokoj

« Reply #1243 on: January 01, 2010, 06:02:54 PM »
On the same row of apartments where my ex-wife's family used to live there, were their aunt and uncle.  The uncle had his mom living with them at the time too.

So anyway ... before I started dating my girlfriend at the time ...

The mother started doing weird things.  She never became sick or anything.  Sometimes, in broad daylight, she'll be sitting on her stool (khwb teeb) and she'll open her mouth and out will come her tongue.  Her tongue was so long that it will actually reach or almost reach the floor.  She'll start panting like a dog.

The aunt would yell at her, "Phee!  Koj tsis txaj muag los cas na?"  which translates to "Phee!  Aren't you embarrased?"  This was in regards to the hanging out of the tongue.  Once the aunt said that, the grandma would snap out of it and reel in her tongue again.

Every once in a while or so, the grandma would complain of pain around the area of her behind.  They would take her to the bedroom (the first few times) and check it out.  She was starting to grow a snub of a tail.  They would say, "Phee!  Koj tsis txaj muag los cas?" and spit on it.  The snub would start shrinking and go away.  The later times, they would take her to the hospital just in case.  The doctors see the snub and have no explanation.  They just tell her to take her home and do what spiritual things the Hmong can do.  The doctors were well-aware of the Hmong culture.

So one night, they decided to call up a shaman.  The shaman knew already that there was something bugging the grandma, ready to take her with it.  They did the neeb at night.  Don't ask me, but I assume because of the type of ritual they were about to do, they have to do it at night.

Anyway, almost immediately after the shaman started his trance, he grabbed for his shaman sword and started pointing around.  Everybody who was there had to move out of the way, because nobody knew when the shaman was about to strike.  He pointed around while one person (tus hwj neeb) held him at the waist for balance.  He pointed around high, low, around, and then pointed towards a corner of the living room.  Instantly, he threw the shaman sword at the corner and hit something. Blood sprayed from out of nowhere.  "It" ran on the ceiling and out the front door, leaving a blood trail gushing behind it.  The people around chased after "it" and found that the trail went up the outside wall to the roof.  They all looked up and saw nothing.  Meanwhile, inside the shaman finished his trance.

Later that night, the aunt had a dream.  "It" came as a dark figure and taunted to the aunt, "Hwb ... nej cav nim xav xav tua kuv, nej tua twb tsis tau kuv.  Kuv khiav mus nraum zoov xwb.  Nej cav ntsia ntsia kuv thaum kuv nce ru tsev lawm, kuv twb ntsia ntsia nej thiab."  That translates to "Hwv ... you guys wanted to kill me so bad, you couldn't kill me.  I ran outside only.  When you were looking at me when I ran to the rooftop, I was looking straight back at ya!"

I never did know what the outcome of the whole thing was, because my girlfriend's family moved away from the apartments.

And if you guys think those stories aren't even scary (or freaky), there's more to come.  Freakier too.

Holy cow.  I don't get scared easily, but THIS story scared the crap out of me!

BeautifulDisaster

« Reply #1244 on: January 01, 2010, 06:25:17 PM »
Ok, here's a bathroom-related story:

One night, I woke up to go use the bathroom.  After I did my business and washed my hands, I turned off the lights and headed towards the bedroom.  I was still groggy and the only thing I wanted to do go was get back into bed.  As I was half-sleepwalking back to the bedroom, I was looking down on the carpet and as I got nearer to the bedroom door, I glanced up and saw a dark shadow standing in front of the door.  The shadow scared the shit out of me and I screamed as I was engulfed into a big bear hug by my ding-dong husband aka the shadow.  Apparently, he heard me get up to use the bathroom and got up after me to use it himself.  He said he didn't want to scare me while I was in the bathroom so he decided to wait by the bedroom door until I was done so he could go use it.   ;D

I know, I'm such a dork but man, I swear, my heart dropped when I saw his outline/shadow.  It didn't help that I'm half-blind and half-asleep so I didn't know that it was him.   ;D ;D ;D

that is too funny because i got  a similar story like yours-- using the bathroom at night. when im not too lazy ill write it down... :D

Advertisements