Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1588456 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #2220 on: February 20, 2011, 12:05:46 AM »
Dang, these stories should be collected and published.  :D

I wonder what everyone else will do to me if I took this whole post down in one click. >:D >:D >:D

OK. I won't. I kinda like it, too.

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Buridans Paradox

« Reply #2221 on: February 21, 2011, 10:45:23 AM »
I never believed in ghosts until the following event happened. One of my uncles was dating a girl from Laos a few years ago and made big promises to her, including marrying her. Then when he returned to the states, he married a girl here instead. The girl in Laos took her own life shortly afterwards, and a few months later my uncle became very sick.

We contacted a very gifted shaman and he said that it was the girl haunting him and he would have to perform a ceremony to get rid of her. The ceremony took place at around 5 in the morning, right before sunrise. My uncle had to stand by the door to “await” the dead girl’s spirit. As soon as the shaman finished his chant, he announced that the spirit was present. The shaman quickly threw three small knives into the door and blood trickled down from where they entered the door. The trail of blood led to outside before disappearing.

I was about 5 feet away from the door when this happened and everybody in the room was spooked, even the shaman himself. People tell of ghost stories and how they hear things, or see things briefly out of the corners of their eye, etc., but to see something as concrete as a bleeding door, that shit was unreal.

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #2222 on: February 22, 2011, 10:24:12 AM »
paradox
that sh1t sounds hella scary, i would probly sh1t my pants if i saw that from 5ft away

Gawmp

« Reply #2223 on: February 23, 2011, 08:21:10 AM »
Paradox - I know of a family in Northern Cali that did the same ritual to get rid of the spirit of their deceased mother. Apparently the mother was coming back trying to get the daughter. The mother would appear anytime after the sun sets and when the daughter was alone. The daughter always sleeps with the grandmother. Whenever she wants to take a shower, the grandmother has to stand by the door else she would come out running.

It got to the point where the mother was getting more and more aggressive, so they did a shamanistic ritual and called the mother in to the house. The shaman threw his sword/knife and hit the mother. The people that was there said the sword/knife just stuck in mid-air and blood starting spewing out of nowhere. When the sword/knife dropped, they trailed the blood outside and around the corner of the house before it disappeared. The next day, there was a dead cat in their garden with a knife wound.

After the ritual, the daughter never saw her deceased mother again. She is now married and with a family.

LELIA

« Reply #2224 on: February 24, 2011, 07:39:13 AM »
Paradox - I know of a family in Northern Cali that did the same ritual to get rid of the spirit of their deceased mother. Apparently the mother was coming back trying to get the daughter. The mother would appear anytime after the sun sets and when the daughter was alone. The daughter always sleeps with the grandmother. Whenever she wants to take a shower, the grandmother has to stand by the door else she would come out running.

It got to the point where the mother was getting more and more aggressive, so they did a shamanistic ritual and called the mother in to the house. The shaman threw his sword/knife and hit the mother. The people that was there said the sword/knife just stuck in mid-air and blood starting spewing out of nowhere. When the sword/knife dropped, they trailed the blood outside and around the corner of the house before it disappeared. The next day, there was a dead cat in their garden with a knife wound.

After the ritual, the daughter never saw her deceased mother again. She is now married and with a family.

yikes..that's some scary shiet.

ispy07

« Reply #2225 on: February 25, 2011, 09:17:02 PM »
One of my uncles had a similar story like that.  He was going to marry this girl from Laos, he got all the paper work done and everything and just waiting for the approval.  The girl he was suppose to marry, killed herself because she had a bf in Laos and I guess that bf in Laos told her that she'll be coming to US, so why don't she give it up to him.  So, she did and got pregnant.  Her parents yelled at her, like how can she be so stupid knowing that she was going to have an easy life in the US, but she screwed up.  She went to the guy that got her pregnant and he didn't want her either, so she ate some poison and died.  After a year or so my Uncle goes to Laos to get his wife and when he gets there her parents tell him that she killed herself because she got pregnant by some other guy.  

My Uncle marries some random girl he kind of just went to see a couple of times.  At this time they weren't as strick on having people come to the US.  After they came back to the US this dead girl follow them back.  My Uncle lives in a duplex and my cousins family lives in the duplex below them.  She said at night around 2 or 3 am she would hear someone walking around their bedroom cause her room is right under theirs and it would go on for hours.  She said one day she couldn't stand it anymore and threw her shoes to hit the ceiling.  She said that night some thing came and sat on her.  She finally told my Uncle what she hears every night and my Uncle had to change his name and he move to sleep in a different room.  They still live in that house, but he doesn't go by his old name anymore and he just doesn't go into that room.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 09:19:23 PM by ispy07 »

ispy07

« Reply #2226 on: February 25, 2011, 09:32:46 PM »
Here's another one..it's not scary, but it's one of my own experience.

Along time ago like 7 years ago, I came home from work and at that time my bf was sort of living with me at my apartment, but still living with his parents.  I came home and cooked and ate and was watching t.v.  It was about 6 p.m. and the sun didn't go down yet.  All of a sudden there is this crow sitting there by my window and then it just tries to come in, but there is this big oh glass between me and the crow.  It was so weird how this crow was just trying to come inside when the window isn't even there just the glass.  It kind of creeped me out, so I closed the blind and a few minutes later the crow flies off. 

After that a month or so I had a dream about this black shadow following me and I'm running out of that apartment and I get to the stairs and the neighbor downstairs is sitting on the step and so it kind of made me not as scared and I wake up.  Then a month after that I started feeling suicidal and depress and that's when I swear if my cousin wasn't on the phone with me I would have committed suicide.  That was so weird and I've never felt that way before.  I was relieve to move out of that place.  When I moved to my new place I had a similar dream, but this time I was living in an old house where I grew up in Cali.  I open the blind and the black shadow disappear and I woke up.  A few weeks after that I started feeling depress and suicidal again and when I finally moved out of that place, I felt better.

ispy07

« Reply #2227 on: February 25, 2011, 09:48:15 PM »
One of my friend was dating a guy who worked in a funeral home.  Whenever her bf goes to the funeral and she goes with him, he won't say anything but as soon as they leave he will say he same something from the corner of his eyes and didn't want to tell her.  The funeral home that her bf work in no matter how many times you lock some of the doors, it still would unlock a few hours or the next day.  

One day her bf went to the funeral home to do some stuff and he checked all the doors to make sure they were lock.  The one on the side he swears he locked it.  She said that he told her that day it was unlocked and he said "HELLO" and someone answered back "HELLO" to him.  He freaked out and left and made her go back that day after she got off work to go search to make sure no one was there trying to play a prank on her.  He said it was a male voice.  She said they didn't find anything.  She told me a couple of days later while they were sleeping he told her that he saw this tall black shadow (he said like 6ft tall shadow) walk through their bedroom door walks to his side of the bed (he sleeps on the side of the bed that's the farthest from the door) and it got on top of him.  He said he tried yelling for her to walk up, but she couldn't hear him.  When he finally broke free, he woke her up and he had saliva on the side of his face cause he was drooling from this thing sitting on him.

The weekend came and he went out of state to visit his parents.  She stayed home alone.  That Saturday night she slept on his side of the bed and told me that some thing got on top of her and she couldn't move.  She said it seem like a dream, but she remembers waking up to her voice singing a christian song.  She sat up in bed and didn't see anything and went back to bed.  My friend is afraid of things, but when she's tired, she's tired and don't care.  

She said a day after that happen to her, she calls her bf to see when he was coming home and he told her that day before she called him he talk to his mom about what happen to him.  His mom had this shaman lady come and do the jingle bell thing for him.  She said that there is a tall american spirit that likes him alot.  This spirit follow him home from the funeral and it was the voice that said "HELLO" to him disguising it's voice as a male voice.  She said that's the spirit that got on top of him, but that he didn't need to worry because she told the spirit to leave already.  So, she finally told him her story and how she slept on his side of the bed and that happen to her.  I guess the ghost must have thought she was him.

ispy07

« Reply #2228 on: February 25, 2011, 09:58:43 PM »
 :o

I have a sil who my brother just married from Laos not to long ago.  Two years ago before she started having kids and stuff (this is around the time when she first just came to the US..like 5-6 months only).  I have 3 brothers that live together.  My youngest brother and her husband work early AM and my other brother works around 2 pm, but he stays up really late and sleep really late. 

She told my brother (her husband) that one day in the morning cause my brother worked at 3 am, she work up to say bye to him and she said as soon as she lay down she sees this black shadow climb on the bed and she felt the weight of this thing on the bed like a heavy person climbing on your bed and it got on top of her and she couldn't move and no matter how much she screams she could break free.  When she was able too, she woke up and turned on the light.  My brother said sometimes when she's lonely, her dead grandma would come visit her.  So, she tries not to miss her family too much.
She said the last time, terrified her so much.  She said right when my brother left not even 10 minutes she sees these two male spirit climb on the bed and she can feel them squeezing her heart and she said it stink like fart so bad.  She couldn't move, but some how her hand must have hit her phone and her phone dialed my mom.  My mom said she kept yelling out for my SIL, but no one would answer.  So, my mom called my brother the one that works the later shift to wake up incase my SIL can't move because of ghost cause she called and my mom tried calling back but no one answered her phone.  So, my brother went and knocked on her door and I guess she was able to break free.  All this happen so fast she said she felt like they were on top of her for hours, but it was only 2-4 minutes.  So, my brother pray with her and told her to sleep with the lights on and that he'll keep his door open for her to leave hers open too.  So, she slept with her door open until morning.  Freaking creep huh?  When my mom told me it freaked me out.  NOthing happens to her now that she has 2 kids now, but she still get spook here and there sometimes.

QWUEEN_VWJ

« Reply #2229 on: February 27, 2011, 03:27:08 AM »
Ok so i am quite new here but reading these stories remind me of many of my stories.

I had a cousin who passed away at about two years ago. This btw is a dragon story. So anyways we both live in alaska and before she moved here , she lived in detroit. And now a little information about her, when she lived in detroit, her mom remarried to my uncle and so she was originally a chang. Anyways , when she lived in detroit, she went on a school field trip with her junior class and idk where it was but it happened to be at a river. And as the class walked along the river, she was the one tht fell behind.

And as she did fall behind, she told me tht at that time she turned back and saw these two beautiful swans jus randomely in the river. She didnt think anythink of it, so she turned around and walked on. As she did she decided to turn around again and suddenly there were she beautiful white water lilies. That was weird for her bcos water lilies arent found in fast or moving water such as a river,

Anyways she went home after tht and that is when weird things startedd to happen. Her mom once told us that my cousin has her own room. And whenever my aunt went to go clean it, around the entire room would be lip marks. As if my cousin had put on bright red lipstick and had kissed the wall, but my aunt thought it was even weirder because the lip marks were on the ceiiling also.

So after that same event kept happening, my aunt and uncle never thought to do a shamen ceremony so they moved up to alaska. Every thing was quite normal when they , moved up here. Nothing happened much until my cousin told my aunt that she had a boyfriend. My aunt , ofcourse didnt believe her bcause my cousin wasnt the out going type. So ignoring her once more, my cousin jus lived her life as normal.

As years went on , my cousin graduated from high school and just stayed home most of the time. But one day she came to my aunt and told my aunt that her boifriend was going up to the sky to continue his education. And he told her he would marry her after he graduates. My aunt thought she was joking so she brushed it off. When my cousin told my mom this, she knew somthing was up and asked about the time span she has been seeing this guyh. My cousin told her that it has been ever since after her field trip in detroit.

Well my mom also asked how she meets up to tlk to him and my cousin told my mom that when the guy comes, its usually by coming at the mirror or sometimes even the window. My mom asked her how he looked like and she said tht the guy comes in a form of the snake, but when he gets to her, he is really shiny and cute, except she only thinks he is cute bcos she says his face is as if his face is blocked by an unclear glass. And this guy would tell her tht she will never see his face until the day they wed.

Now my mom knows what this means and so, she told my aunt nd uncle. My aunt them are kind of stingy. They want to save every cent they can somehow even if they were millionairs. So they never did a ceremony for her. 2 years go by and my cousin gets a job at mcdonalds. She worked there for 3 days and suddenly went deaf so she quit. This then made her really angry , bcos being deaf and not hearing anything is frustrating. The only way we can tlk to her was by writing . :( she was so frustrated she decided to state to everyone that she wanted to kill herself.

I cried my eyes out for her . I felt bad tht i am her cousin and cant do anything to help her. Anyways her step dad then decided to take her to the mental hospital . She took prescriptions. Doctors didnt kno what made her deaf and so they couldnt help much. She improved so they let her go home in just two weeks. When she got home, she asked my aunt to go buy a prgnancy test for her. Bcos she was told by the doctor that she is now pregnant.

My aunt got curious so she had her other daughter call and ask the hospital doctor and they told her that my cousin iisnt pregnant. So my aunt shook it off and jus ignored it. Now, the day before my cojusin died, she begged my aunt for a new jacket. My aunt said no ofcourse, so my cousin said "alright, wwell my bf is done with school. He is going top come down and marrie me" then she went to her room. My aunt just shrugged it off.

In the middle of the night that night, my cousin's half little sister said she saw my cousin go to the kitchen and grab something then went to the bedroom. The sister didnt think much of it so she just went to sleep. Btw my cousin has her own room. Nd then at 5 in the morning, her real younger sister woke up to see my cousins light on. So curious as she is, she went to go check. Nd when she went ing, she saw my cousin(her sister) in a kneeling position sitting on her legs with her body haunched over. My cousins sister thought she was jus messing around becos in the past my cousin would do things like this.

So she went and grabbed my cousins hand and said "see get up" but she noticed her hands were frozen and thats wen she went into shock and screamed for my aunt. My aunt and uncle woke up to go check nd all they saw was her haunched over body with a knife that "buj buj" idk the english word for it. Haha but yeah . My aunt bjurst into tears and they called the cops. Paramedics and cops came and questioned anyone. When the body was removed, on the floor was a very small blood stain. She used the knife to cut her throat.

Anyways everyone assumed she has been taken by the dragon. I know its not scary but read it ;)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 12:50:34 PM by QWUEEN_VWJ »

LadyThao

« Reply #2230 on: February 27, 2011, 11:42:27 AM »
this was told to me by one of my friends last night.

this happened when she was about 13-14 years old. she and some of her cousins were playing hide-and-seek this one night. she was tiny so she was able to hide under a car. as she continued to lay there, she saw foot step shadows walking around the car. she suddenly felt someone tugging her pants from under the car but didn't say anything then it was gone. she waited and waited for someone to call her out but no one did. after awhile, she finally got out from under the car, went inside and saw that all the kids were still there. she asked them how come they weren't playing anymore. they replied saying that they had stopped playing for awhile and didn't want to find her because she hid too well. after that, she's never played hide and seek.

LadyThao

« Reply #2231 on: February 27, 2011, 11:54:26 AM »
a couple more from the same friend.

she has this cousin who lives in this haunted house. apparently, that family experienced some supernatural things inside that house and well, so did my friend. it happened to her twice when she went to sleep over there.

the first time she went to sleep over there, my friend and her cousin were sleeping in the den. just as she was about to go to sleep, she heard the back door open and close. thinking it was her male cousin, she drifted off to sleep. however, as the night went on, the back door continued to open and close. she didn't tell anyone about it.

the second time she slept over, her and her cousin slept downstairs. she slept next to the wall and her cousin slept next to her.  it was early in the morning right before 6 am. she was slowly waking up from her sleep when all of a sudden she heard/felt like someone was caressing/rubbing against the wall coming towards her. then she started to hear her name being whispered into her ear. she quickly turned to her left, covered her ears and tried very hard to go back to sleep. she stayed like that for a few minutes then heard her younger cousin come down and told them they had to go some where.

QWUEEN_VWJ

« Reply #2232 on: February 27, 2011, 01:03:45 PM »
I remember when i still lved in wisconsin, nd i was maybe 5 or 6 , and our backyard was very big, and it had like trees on the border of it. One night my uncles came over and we decided to play the one oclock to twelve oclock game. Its still a hiding seek game. And when we played it was around maybe nine or ten oclock. In wisconsin it gets dark around there and so yea. Well my uncle was the seeker while everyone hid. After he was done counting nd everyone hid behind trees and all, he went to look for us. He went and (btw this is how he experienced it.) Suddenly thought he had found me, bcos the person he found had long hair and was small like me. So he went to the person and was like "chang i found u" . I was in the next tree over nd was thining "huh?" So i revealed myseld from hiding and said "hey! Im over here!" He looked up to me and ohmygod that was when he busted out running to the back door yelling "poj ntxoog os!" And oh shiet we all came out drom hiding and shot for the door too! It was hella scary.

When we all got inside, my parents and grandparents were yelling at us about screaming , so we had to settle down. My uncle then told us that he thought the girl was me but it wasnt bcos i had come out from hiding nd told him where i was. We all were scared but we were kids then so we shrugged it off. But we did learn a lesson . No more hide and seek for us at night.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: February 28, 2011, 01:43:54 PM »
Damn, I could never read these alone anymore.  ;D

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #2234 on: March 02, 2011, 01:51:12 PM »
This thread is off the HOOK! Greatest thread ever.

Well i'm going to add another story to this great collection.

Last year of 2010, during the squirrel season like around Oct.  I went hunting with my wife and we slept at the normal camp site where my relatives usually came at every year. well my wife and I went hunting and later on that night we slept in our tent and nothing weird happen, but we slept very early due to daylight saving time.  We Slept like around 8 and it was very quiet.  Then I had a very wierd dream.  I meant scary dream.  Well it was as I was seeing the whole scenerio from the top of our tent or you could say looking down on your camp site from above.  You know how the dreams work.  Well in my dream, it was very dark outside our red tent, and the propane light was getting dimmer and dimmer.  Our red tent was on the side of our usual walking path to other campsites.  The camp site was very small probally the size of a gym then it's forest and hills.  Well I saw these two little MIEN girls walking toward our right side of our tent and they were holding hands.  They seem to wore hmong clothes, then they came around the corner toward the entrance of our tent.  You guys know how the fabric of the tent is just polyester or synthese fabric, something like that.  Well these two Mien girls turned into POJ nxooj and they reached their hands through the fabric and i could see the frabic pushing towards me.  At the same time i could see them from the outside.  Meanwhile all of this was happening, my body was froze and couldn't move.  I yelled and yelled but my wife couldn't hear me.  I tried and tried, but i was stuck.  I was helpless then I got mad and reached out for my 22.  I tried to reach it but it was too hard for me so i got mad and started getting pissed off. I finally grab the 22 to shoot them then i woke up.  It was only 12 am.  Didn't tell my wife or she will cry wolf.  Scary, huh? I shrubbed it off and went hunting the next day. Told the OGs and they were like, were you scared? I was like nope.  More afraid of thieves and getting ticket than ghost.

Advertisements