Advertisement

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: If you're going to be a criminal...
« Last post by Visualmon on Today at 06:59:52 PM »
Now what?

Anti Semitism = Jews lives matter

General Discussion / Re: Good luck to Diana Moua!
« Last post by theking on Today at 06:41:05 PM »
Inside Diane’s Place, a Landmark New Restaurant for Hmong American Cuisine
At Diane Moua’s Minneapolis restaurant, the Beard-nominated pastry chef delves into the savory world

Pastry chef Diane Moua’s new Hmong American restaurant, Diane’s Place, is finally open in Northeast Minneapolis. It’s a big moment for a few reasons, the first being that Moua, who has spent decades at the apex of the Twin Cities’ pastry scene, is now leading all realms of the kitchen, serving bright papaya tamarind salads and slow-simmered noodle soups alongside her pastries. But it’s also a watershed for Minnesota, another restaurant cementing the Cities as the capital of Hmong American cuisine, home to coarse-ground Hmong sausage, pickled mustard greens, and sweet pork Danishes with salted-cured egg yolk.

Moua is no stranger to restaurant openings — she’s a veteran of La Belle Vie, Solera, Spoon and Stable, and Bellecour, where she became known for her dexterity, her speed, and her subtly sweet pastry style, earning two James Beard nominations for Outstanding Pastry Chef. Small echoes of her past appear at Diane’s Place: Spoon & Stable’s iconic honey and cream cake is rendered as a shot with Red Locks whiskey, and many of the cocktails have intricate pastry garnishes. (The “She-Eye,” she says, is a little inside joke for the Hmong girls who love their Sex on the Beaches — it comes with a whorl of white chocolate.) “There’s a little bit of my world in all the dishes,” Moua says.

But opening Diane’s place, Moua says, has been a whole different beast. “Usually when I’ve opened a restaurant, I’m like an eighth of the restaurant,” Moua says. “Now I’m the owner, the chef, the pastry chef. I had the team come in, and I was losing my shit because it was like ‘Chef, chef, chef, chef!’” To train her staff, she built a staggered schedule: lamination team at 5 a.m., pastry team at 10 a.m., savory team at 1 p.m. In the evening she’d do computer work. “I think back on it and it’s fun, but in the moment it’s very stressful.”
Yummy Deli's Massive Hmong Pho Noodles Challenge Had Been Undefeated for Over 1 Year!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1529B31NwA
Thanks for proving me right by crawling back to not only read but also took the time out of your busy schedule to reply....after crying, "I will stop reading what you write"... O0 ;D
Thanks for crawling back to prove me right (ONCE AGAIN) by not only "read" but also took time out of your busy schedule to reply...after crying, "I will stop reading what you write"... O0 ;D
LOVE IT! When the clique members go after each other like the idiots that they are...makes my day... O0 ;D
LOVE IT! When the clique members go after each other like the idiots that they are... O0 ;D
the GOP is always crashing the stock market... their economy plan don't work
stock market crashing hard, yo

VS.

Stock market will crash if there a war with russia

Pretty sure the President was a Democrat in 2022...

*** SCRATCH HEAD ***
"already stupid" like this Liberal one...  ???:

AND I AM SOMEONE WHO VOTED FOR OBAMA TWICE.
General Discussion / Re: Why are Lefties/Demmies buying guns?
« Last post by theking on Today at 06:08:17 PM »
HYPOCRITE is, HYPOCRITE does...

AND I AM SOMEONE WHO VOTED FOR OBAMA TWICE.

;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Advertisements