Advertisement

Author Topic: need a new phone  (Read 2147 times)

Darkplanetasia

need a new phone
« on: August 24, 2010, 12:47:08 AM »
if you've been following my threads which i doubt you have, you are well aware that i've dropped my phone in the toilet and now am in need of a new one. i want something similair to the iphone 4 and the kick ass new droid but not sure if i should dish out that type of cash for it or get something comparable to it.

a buddy told me to look up the samsung captivate, haven't really researched it but basically i want a phone for video, games, pic, and a loud ass motha phucken speacker so i can party all by my gay self while listening to backstreet boys!

so what's a good phone? oh and yeah duh most important thing, i need it to be quick responsive and a real phone that i can hear the other person on the other line super awesome chocolatey clear and yummy! YUP

OVER!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Darkplanetasia

Re: need a new phone
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 10:10:56 AM »
What carrier are you thinking of going with?
going to stay with at&t

OVER!

Darkplanetasia

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 04:23:04 PM »
OTB
which is better

OVER!

jbutton

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 04:46:37 PM »
Did you flush the phone down the drain?

Is it not usable?  Clean it up and put it on ebay.

Darkplanetasia

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 05:39:38 PM »
i still hve it, sucker wont power on

OVER!

N`Chync

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 05:54:22 PM »
If u want games the iPhone 4 and iOS 4 with its huge library of games and upcoming gaming network will be more suitable for u. AT&T will also be strongly carrying Windows Phone 7 phones at the end of the year and Windows Phone 7 will support X-Box Live for it's gaming network.

Darkplanetasia

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 09:32:50 AM »
Well I'm a geek, so I prefer Android, which would be the captivate. But I think you'd probably enjoy the iPhone4 better. The only thing is I hear a lot of people (friends) have reception issues with it. So I'm not sure, go to your local AT&T and test them out. Not sure if there are many iPhone's available at the moment, but go check them out in person to see which you prefer.
my buddy has the iphone 4, it's just like the previous one but presented with a new designed honestly. he prefers the sprint evo but since we're both stuck with at&t, he went for the iphone.

i prefer the android instead because, well, i just don't want to be part of the band wagon, you know? iono maybe i'm going about this all wrong? the captivate interests me because of the ability to expand memory with the micro sd card. my biggest issue is that at&t won't allow, i guess, home brew applications on the captivate and all applications must be through the android market only. iphone doesn't have that issue.

OVER!

Darkplanetasia

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 09:33:39 AM »
If u want games the iPhone 4 and iOS 4 with its huge library of games and upcoming gaming network will be more suitable for u. AT&T will also be strongly carrying Windows Phone 7 phones at the end of the year and Windows Phone 7 will support X-Box Live for it's gaming network.
i'm not a big gamer but i did see my friend pull out Street Figther 4 on his iphone, blew me away!

OVER!

jbutton

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 05:51:14 PM »
'm tempted to get an iphone 4 too.  but that means I will be on PH 24/7.  must not get iphone 4.

N`Chync

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 06:44:34 PM »
my buddy has the iphone 4, it's just like the previous one but presented with a new designed honestly. he prefers the sprint evo but since we're both stuck with at&t, he went for the iphone.

i prefer the android instead because, well, i just don't want to be part of the band wagon, you know? iono maybe i'm going about this all wrong? the captivate interests me because of the ability to expand memory with the micro sd card. my biggest issue is that at&t won't allow, i guess, home brew applications on the captivate and all applications must be through the android market only. iphone doesn't have that issue.

OVER!

If u root the Captivate u can install whatever is available and it's easy. Now if u already have the unlimited iPhone data plan and might consider coming back u should keep the data plan as unlimited iPhone data is no longer offered.

Expanded memory is nice but it's not what u think it would be as many apps install on the internal memory and even after 2.2 update things don't work that smooth. Rooting Android devices tho been able to install apps on sd card. But when u think about it sd cards aren't that cheap and add that to the price of phone and it's higher than a 32 GB iPhone.

i'm not a big gamer but i did see my friend pull out Street Figther 4 on his iphone, blew me away!

OVER!
Street fighter 4 is impressive. I'm not much of a gamer either but I go most of the games on my iPhone. The gaming network is already decent. I play chess and words with my friends throughout the US.

Advertisements