Advertisement

Author Topic: Arts and Crafts  (Read 55457 times)

supadupac

Re: Arts and Crafts
« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2012, 07:53:24 AM »
Wow!! Awesome jobs Ladies!! Love the creativeness from everyone. Ive been really busy due to some project this month, Not only is it Halloween, but an abundant of birthdays to weddings ceremony. Before I know it, Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here, and here we have it, the New year will begin all over again. Wow what happen to this year?

wow ! i like i like!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LiveLaughLooveCreate

« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2012, 10:06:19 AM »
supadupac - Thanks. I appreciate your comment.

supadupac

« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2012, 10:09:34 AM »
the scrapbooks are good, have u ever looked into doing that 3d framing?

LiveLaughLooveCreate

« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2012, 10:19:43 AM »
supadupac - You meant Shadowbox? The scrap pages are a project I putted together as a gift for my bestie as a wedding gift from the family members and close friends. The last picture is a 12x12 shadow box I made for the both of them as a gift.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2012, 05:35:36 AM »
Nice ladies (and gents)! I really want to upholster/reupholster a furniture, too, but I haven't found a piece I find worthy/useful yet.

Our current wreath at our door.

You all might have seen this in one of the wedding threads here already, but here it goes again. A lace chandelier.

yamchild

« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2012, 06:07:45 AM »
LeLe your diaper cakes are so cute!  And great idea on the $5 desert stand.  So economical yet very elegant at the same time.

LiveLaughCreat e, your scrap book pages are awesome.  I especially love the wedding frame you made.  So Pretty!

Thundersaurus, oh my your lace Chandeiler is very lovely indeed.  I want!  Very creative as always! I want to try making one...

yamchild

« Reply #246 on: October 31, 2012, 09:12:29 AM »
I've been obsessed with making mini fascinators lately!

Appliques from an old wedding dress.

Flowers from the goodwill.

Flowers from Goodwill and white peacock feather from Michaels.

Mixture of items from my box of craft junk.  Lace is from an old wedding dress.

Like this post: +1

DeceiversChick

« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2012, 02:16:57 PM »
Lovely ladies!

I swear it must be old age but I was never into arts and crafts. For some odd reason I'm feeling the need to start. So I did and bought some styrofoam to make a Hmong inspired wreath. Thanks to Thundarsaurus for her inspiration wreath.

I'll post up photo's once I have it completed. That's if I even complete it. ahahha

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 01, 2012, 03:48:32 PM »
great crafts ladies!!!  :D :D

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

yamchild

« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2012, 01:55:43 PM »
DC you should complete it and post pix of it!!   :D :D

Here's a lace crown I made.  To make just soak cut lace in Fabric stiffner, let dry and glue the ends together to make a crown.  I like my crowns mini size.  So my lace was cut into 7 1/2 inches.     In the background you can see white lace that I'm drying out to make more crowns.  I will post pix of them later.

For Halloween my hubby was the "Elevator Guy" in Psy's Gangam style video.  I made him the necklace the elevator guy is sporting out of shrinky dinks and paint.

Peachy Fish

« Reply #250 on: November 04, 2012, 08:46:43 PM »
YamChild, thanks! I really love your fascinators, too. I'm glad to see another Hmong person out there who loves fascinators.  :D

DC, you have a wide selection of Hmong materials nearby you, and you're creative, so I cannot wait to see.

Lately, I've been too crazy about my wedding, so I haven't making much nonwedding-related stuff. Anyhow, here's a clip-on bow I just made for my Etsy store.

zena

« Reply #251 on: November 05, 2012, 09:42:29 AM »
Lovely ladies!

I swear it must be old age but I was never into arts and crafts. For some odd reason I'm feeling the need to start. So I did and bought some styrofoam to make a Hmong inspired wreath. Thanks to Thundarsaurus for her inspiration wreath.

I'll post up photo's once I have it completed. That's if I even complete it. ahahha

old age? LOL!  I've been crafting since I was in grade school.  :)

DeceiversChick

« Reply #252 on: November 05, 2012, 02:43:16 PM »
old age? LOL!  I've been crafting since I was in grade school.  :)

I grew up sewing hmong paj ntaub as a little girl and I hate it. I remember making hand made ornaments as well!

I hated sewing cause I was forced to sew by my mom. Now that I'm older I'm starting to like it again but it's a very expensive hobby.

zena

« Reply #253 on: November 07, 2012, 03:14:05 PM »

I grew up sewing hmong paj ntaub as a little girl and I hate it. I remember making hand made ornaments as well!

I hated sewing cause I was forced to sew by my mom. Now that I'm older I'm starting to like it again but it's a very expensive hobby.

I C.  I've sewn hmong paj ntaub too as a kid and didn't like it either.  Still don't like it now because it's hard on my eyes.

Glad you are getting back into the groove!  But crafting is not for old people. Old people just do it a lot more because they have the time and money.  ;D  If I had more time and money, I'd be crafting 24-7...LOL!  As a kid, I remember building a doll house with brown boxes and left over carpeting.  We were poor like most Hmong kids back then and my parents couldn't afford a real one so my sisters and I put one together.  There were other things we did too but the doll house was my most memorable.

nou

« Reply #254 on: January 07, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »
I made a fish purse!  I just had to share it with you all!

Sorry for the horrible picture phone quality.

I got the pattern here: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/12/fabric-fishy-purse-pattern-pieces-included.html

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:18:18 PM by nou »

Advertisements