Advertisement

Author Topic: So I picked up the s2000...  (Read 9555 times)

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
Re: So I picked up the s2000...
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 08:08:51 AM »
In for pics!!!!! O0

Like this post: 0
GR Supra - Armaspeed, AWE, Function Werk, Forge, JB4..
S2000 - AP1 w/AP2 Swap, GT35, Haltech, AEM, Tial, T1R..
RX400h - Hybrid
Grand Highlander - Turbo

Adverstisement

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2015, 07:16:51 PM »
Stock motor, stock everything.

There it is with my teggie.  I thought sitting my teggie was low... its even lower in the s2k, when I sit in the teggie now, it feels like I'm sitting so high... but the teggie is actually really low!

Current mileage... not over 23k yet

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »
I don't plan on modding this thing.... except maybe a K&N FIPK and an AUT.

Those FiPK sound nice and I'm sure that AUT would help a little bit.

But I will still say.. the teggie still handles better for some odd reason, maybe it really is all the suspension upgrades... it takes curves really flat.

The s2k on it's stock suspension ... well tends to lean more than teggie...

Oh wells, that's how stock suspension is I guess.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Hitokiri

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2015, 11:07:08 PM »
22,000 miles wow...that must cost you an arm and leg.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 08:56:30 AM »
Not really.I was waiting for the right color to buy, either red, white, or maybe black. 

« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:02:00 AM by thePoster »

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 11:29:12 AM »
Ok ok... ok. ok..

The s2000 is faster and feels faster than the teggie now that I've been actually getting on the gas.... it feels pretty nice.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1333
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 11:20:12 PM »
Ok ok... ok. ok..

The s2000 is faster and feels faster than the teggie now that I've been actually getting on the gas.... it feels pretty nice.

Told you  O0:

I can tell you that the "teggie" will lose based on specs unless you add steroids to it. Even the Integra Type R is slower than the S2000...

Given all things equal, even the Integra Type R gets smoked by the S2K...based on specs and data.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2015, 08:08:43 PM »
Ok ok... ok. ok..

It should blow the doors off your Teg. I did circles around a Mugen SI.   :2funny:

RX400h - Hybrid
Grand Highlander - Turbo

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2015, 09:30:29 PM »
The only thing the stock s2000 is blowing the doors off the teggie is the acceleration and top speed and straight line acceleration. 

It's a shame this s2000 will stay pretty much stock as the teggie as of now corner's flatter and faster..  :S

Oh wells!  Maybe I'll get a junkie cheap s2000 someday and mod it up.

I never thought all that light suspension modding would do anything and never felt like it did anything as it was the only car I had at the time and just driving it here and there you don't really feel a difference as they are all gradual as you put parts on here and there...  just like with power adders...

Unless you can compare it back to back with the same stock car, you won't notice any change and if you do, you'll wonder if it's just all perception.

But having some cars to drive the teggie back to back with ....the prelude, the civic si, and now the s2000, everytime I drive the teggie, I'm always like "man! the teggie handles so much better!"  Body roll pretty much is non-existent.  I want all my car's to have no body roll.  That's how I like them. 

I might need to get a stock GSR so I can do back to back comparison's.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 09:36:15 PM by thePoster »

Sifu

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 09:03:59 AM »
Dude, there's very little comparison between a purpose built sports car and a FWD econobox with some fast bit parts.  The S2000 was made to near end for what you paid for.  High zinging engine, RWD, lightweight in mind, tire choice, suspension pickup points are proper.  Out of the box it will run circle over a Type R.  Upgraded rubbers and brake pads would be enough for most drivers.

If the prices keep dropping even I may dip into the S2000 pool.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2015, 02:07:56 PM »
Dont get me wrong, I live my s2000 but I have both cars so driving them back to back, I can immediately see the differences.

The s2000 is wearing some mud and snow tires.  Upgrading those would absolutely be ideal.  But even then, it's still going to have body roll.

Offline Boost

• Jr. Poster
  • "Year Of The Dragon"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2015, 04:08:48 PM »
Dont get me wrong, I live my s2000 but I have both cars so driving them back to back, I can immediately see the differences.

The s2000 is wearing some mud and snow tires.  Upgrading those would absolutely be ideal.  But even then, it's still going to have body roll.

Wrong, S2000 is one of the stiffest chassis you can get.  It held world records @ tsukuba circuit & world time attacks with 500-600hp cars.

RX400h - Hybrid
Grand Highlander - Turbo

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2015, 08:05:54 PM »
I guess there is only one way to solve this...

I'll have to clone myself and race myself.

Who else to and could beat me.... except for me!

I don't have a type R(could've, but thanks to not listening to myself I didn't have one) but I do have a GSR, it's obviously not as stiff as a type R and lacking a LSD...only stiffening is a re-inforced subframe to run a type R rear sway bar.

The S2000 on the other hand... Built from the ground up as a sports car, some would say perhaps a race car for the road on a sunny day.  In any case, it has a stiff body and designed that way.  I know that already.  Actually really quick and responsive from my experiences dodging potholes. 

Which will be the victor?!?!
S2000 vs semi-track prepped teggie.
Will "stiffness" play a role?
Will the driver play a role?  since the driver doesn't really have any real track experience at all and no s2000 experience at all to really bring out the potential of the s2000 as well as the teggie.

Since I'll be versing myself, driver skill is the same for both cars so there will be no driver's advantage. 

I need to get one of those solo lap timers.  The only problem is getting both car's to the track.  Oh wells.

If I can get the idle to idle right in the teggie, I'll get a tune this weekend, if not, maybe next weekend, there is an open track day on the 3rd of October... so that is the date to log in.

It's tough being your own race team.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2015, 10:30:02 PM »

A clip of my horrible dented up headers... I guess I won't be able to drop my car again ever...

It's a shame... as you can see... pretty much there was maybe if I'm lucky... 10 percent flow on those two exhaust collectors.

I don't know how it got dented like that.. but it got dented so you can actually pinch the metal.

Sifu

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2015, 11:27:35 AM »
Dude?  Why clone yourself.  One is enough.  Just go load up like Sony's Gran Turismo series and modify it that way.  Then get a car wash for a cleaner aero package and spend the 3000 units for an oil change (good for like 50hp) and rebuild the chassis at like 100k.  I think that will make it accurate.

Advertisements