Advertisement

Author Topic: argh.  (Read 234138 times)

bootee

Re: argh.
« Reply #1905 on: August 05, 2011, 10:48:52 AM »
I can't help it. I love the music.   :)

Yes sir ...I am soooo in for Monster Massive. Its an Armin Only show. Its not nearly as good as the ones he throws in Europe but its his 2nd one in the US. Can't miss it. Already booked my hotel room. And my Mn friends are flying in for the show as well.  :D ;D

its never about the drugs.  O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bootee

« Reply #1906 on: August 12, 2011, 04:46:44 PM »
Ok. I sooo lied about the 2nd job. I am still working hard as a mofo!! Lol

I couldn't decide when to quit. I don't have to worry about the IRS thing anymore. So now I'm considering another month or so. hell, even 'til November. I asked my sister when I should quit and she was like "well, Christmas is coming up quick." and i'm like ..."foool its still August." ...Lol!! It is a lot of extra cash to have. Its just the extra sleep that I need.  :-\

oh well, work really hard ...to play harder. that is my new saying.
I am dying for a vacation. har har!! I know Amy is coming to SF for LovEvolution but that's not me vacationing. Somebody!!?! Let me come visit you. I wanna fly somewhere!! hahaha

bootee

« Reply #1907 on: August 15, 2011, 03:45:51 AM »
busy next couple of months.

this weekend I'm going to Los Angeles to see Markus Schulz do a 6 hour set @ Avalon. for my birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!  :occasion13:
i cancelled it 3 weeks ago. and then i thought ...fukk it. i'm not going to spend another year at home ...wishing i was somewhere else. and of course nobody is going to celebrate with me so i might as well do what i love most.  O0 and thank you Mike for going with me.  :)

in September, we have LovEvolution. Amy will be flying down so we're going to spend 3 days in SF. i don't think she's ever spent a weekend there before ..so we're going to be tourists. har har!! this year LovEvolution will be in Oakland. its going to be a far drive back and forth so i hope all works out.

in October, there's Monster Massive. the Armin Only: Mirage show. its going to be epic!! i'm not sure who's going with me yet but i already booked my room for one night in Silverado. i will go solo regardless. Lol!!

in November, there's etd. BLACKOUT. so far Simon Patterson and Ashley Wallbridge is confirmed. i'm debating if i should do etd. BLACKOUT or Give Thanks. whichever has the best lineup i guess.

December is open for a big New Year's Eve party. i hope there's a big lineup this year. i wouldn't mind doing a Markus Schulz event again. just not at Ruby Skye. the people there is just rude and you just don't have enough room to breathe. hell, i can't even hold my beer still w/o it spilling ...people would be pushing me from right to left. and i can never see the stage. them tall people have the easiest time to get through a crowd and stomp the little ones like me. Lol

and then 2012!! i hope the plans fall through. because ... IBIZA, SPAIN i am desperately trying!!  O0

bootee

« Reply #1908 on: August 23, 2011, 04:09:05 AM »
Markus Schulz ..you are absolutely amazing!!

the trip to Los Angeles for my birthday was all so worth it. my first time at Avalon with Markus Schulz doing a 6.5 hour set. it was mind blowing!!  :D :D
it was the best set ever!! i did read on the forums that 3 asian guys got stabbed in the club but they probably deserved it. i swear those asian people there are such mutha fukkers. like they own the floor or something. and lots of fukkin' B.O!!! thank god we only ran in to those fukkers for 20 minutes. i had so much room after they left the spot they stole from us. besides that mishap the whole night was fun.
we got there early because of all the reading i did about Avalon closing the main room when it gets full and the lines. we got there pretty early. started the party at 9:30pm and boy!! from then on it was crazy!! haha ... Markus ended the show at 7:30am with great energy.
thanks to the people who went with me. they were soldiers!! no complaints about going home or anything. they stayed with me til the very last minute. i really appreciated that.

with great partying comes with great pains!! i am feeling it. haha!! my legs. my back. my neck. my shoulders. hell, my mouth is beaten up!! Lol!! can you say "locked jaw?" ahaha ...I am dying for some sleep. with this weekend off ...i am going to spend lots of time with my bed.  O0

i have a full month to recover before LovEvolution.
i won't go down the rabbit hole like how i did with Markus but with him there ...i'm sure i want to take a peek. haha

bootee

« Reply #1909 on: August 29, 2011, 10:34:14 AM »
TIESTO @ UC DAVIS!!!  :D O0 ;D :)

his College Tour is by far the craziest!! he's got like 28-30 shows up and down California ...back to back!! before Davis he will be in Fresno. Yes, I said Fresno. As crazy as it sounds he's making stops at the weirdest cities with this tour. I was going to go to the Fresno show but they announced the Davis one so I thought ...hell, the show ends at 11pm. I might as well stay in town and enjoy it here. har har!! I'm not the biggest fan of his new sound but I still enjoy it. If my feet were moving during his set at EDC then the electro house sound sure didn't bother me at all. I just wish he'd go back to the amazing sound when he was first named as the #1 dj in the world.  :-\

for now I am preparing for LovEvolution.  O0

skribblez

« Reply #1910 on: August 29, 2011, 11:32:08 AM »
couple days ago i found dj tiesto on my phone and decided to listen to his music.....
for 3 mins of my life i tried to understand his music....
point of story...i want my 3 mins of wasted life back.....hahah ..

bootee

« Reply #1911 on: August 29, 2011, 06:27:04 PM »
skribblez,

I don't know how to explain it to you but I can say the same thing about people who love hip hop, country, and other different genres of music. If you don't already recognize the sound of EDM its currently being used in hip hop/pop music now and days. Like LMFAO, Black Eyed Peas, Neyo/Pitbull, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Kasha, Enrique, Chris Brown, and many many more!! I should also mention that David Guetta is a house dj who went mainstream and making lots of money using edm elements to make these popular tracks that's being aired on every radio stations.

it is still very popular. O0 even if you're not a fan of it. if you didn't catch some of the performances on this year's MTV Music Awards ...check it out. Lots of the remixes also have the sounds of EDM.  :)

skribblez

« Reply #1912 on: September 02, 2011, 10:55:45 AM »
Haha :Dh, thats cool but i've stopped listening to mainstream music for a very long time now...
I can c y i dont like it at all cause i rage everytime i hear lady gaga music play cause my boss's boss
Plays it wid j lo n kate perry or watever her name is....hahaha.. . i c no skills in just standing n mixing beats..
Regardless whether people consider it an artform or the masses that says it takes "it" to be a dj..
Whatever "it" is it doesnt impress me at all...then again, coming from playing live instruments i've tried
To have an open mind when it came to edm music but i still hate it..its a continous repetitive beat n more or
So often it doesnt change much from dj to dj...sorry if im parading in ur journal

bootee

« Reply #1913 on: September 04, 2011, 11:31:15 PM »
Everybody has their own opinions. You don't have to like it. Or even hear it. Just turn the radio off.  O0

bootee

« Reply #1914 on: September 06, 2011, 09:26:47 AM »
I had a dream that I quit my 2nd job!!
I think that's more than a sign!! Argh!!  :-\ When will I do it? Lol

bootee

« Reply #1915 on: September 15, 2011, 11:06:48 AM »
the key to a great long sleep = LOCK YOUR DOOR!!!

after working the 3rd shift I decided to take a trip to Stockton. I was lucky enough to get Wednesday off from my day job. Drove to Stockton to get a copy of my birth certificate and voila!! I was back at home like 45 minutes later. I thought about going to the USPS to do my passport but my eyes couldn't stay open anymore. I got home and went to sleep around 12pm. I locked my doors and I was dead asleep. I don't know why I didn't do that before but damn!! It was nice. Most times ...the kids or my sister would come in and out of my room. for what? I don't know. but every time they come in they don't think "oh, she is sleeping. let's close the door nice and quiet." ...not being so courteous ...they slam the door!! what's so hard about it? just freakin' turn the knob so you can close the door w/o slamming it??
anywho, I didn't wake up til 10pm!! Lol. with just 30 minutes to get ready to start the 3rd shift I rushed to wash my face ...get dress ...and gobbled down some food in the tummie. got to work in time and continuing my day right now with more work with the 1st job.  O0 I feel good. but we'll see how I feel during my last 2 hours here. it usually hits me hard then.

maybe I'll go to the post office today and continue with my passport. I'm heading for Spain next year. Ibiza!! If all goes well.  O0

bootee

« Reply #1916 on: September 22, 2011, 09:49:54 AM »
well, after months of lagging. I'm quitting!!

my PT job. I was going to stay until the end of the year but they just did me wrong. I'm pulling a trick out of my ass this weekend. I'm going to drive to SF on Friday to pick up Amy at the airport ..run around town with her. And then drive back to Sac to work the 3rd shift. I have a surprise for them before leaving back to SF on Saturday morning.  O0

I am going to fukkin' party at LovEvolution!!!  :headbang: :headbang:

bootee

« Reply #1917 on: September 27, 2011, 10:44:14 AM »
Ok. I lied.  :-X

I pinned up my resignation letter on the wall before leaving back to SF Saturday morning. Last night I got a call from the Boss at the part time job. I was dead asleep so he left me a voice msg saying "I know you have an issue working on Friday's but I was just wondering if you were interested in working a couple days during the week. Please call me back." ...I thought about it. 2 days a week. Um ...I called my sister. She said do it. Its chump change. Or play money. I talked to my buddy who also works there and he said "do it" too. Its only 2 days.
So before leaving work this morning I pinned up a note saying "Ok. For 2 days a week. I will do it." Still saving for Spain so I'll just drop it in the jar.  O0

LovEvolution!!

this weekend was tiring. I had to pull a trick out of my ass because nobody would cover me at the part job Friday night. so I did a lot of driving back and forth to Sac and SF. finally, on Saturday ...I got back to SF around 9am. slept for 2 hours and started the day. It was great. I was excited. but more tired ...I tried to get in the groove during Blake's set. He did pretty darn good. when Dash came on ...it was over!! my legs started moving and the dancing machine started the journey. Markus Schulz was fukkin' amazing!! with even an early set, the slayer did not hold back. no he didn't. I was simply in heaven. haha!! he was a mad man!! I felt like smashing a glass cup or plate with every track he played. I loved it. Laidback Luke did a great job too. I really like his set. and he played some tracks that I knew. when he played Robert Miles "Children" ...it blew me away!! I have never really heard any dj play that track before. It was mind blowing.  :D Moby tortured me.  :-\ I was ready to pass out. Lol. By the time Gareth Emery came on ...I couldn't move anymore. So I listened and enjoyed his set standing next to the rails.  :)

overall ...Dash, Markus, LBL, and Gareth Emery did an incredible job. I just have to give it to Markus tho. He rocks me every time. har har!! :headbang: :headbang:

Next up is Tiesto @ UC Davis!!

ticket ready!!  :) ;)

bootee

« Reply #1918 on: October 02, 2011, 11:34:48 PM »
Ibiza, Spain has been put on hold.

Yesterday I woke up and waited for the tickets sales to begin and as crazy as it was with 50 servers crashing. I rushed to purchase tickets to the Ultra Music Festival in Miami, Florida!!!  :D ;D At the early bird price too!! Them fees are crazy!! And the next set of tickets jumped up to $229 + fees + shipping = $300!! That's insane!!  :o Thank god for fast internet at home. And the refresh button. I  bought tickets within 3 minutes!! haha

Next year is going to start out super awesome!!!  O0 :) ;D

bootee

« Reply #1919 on: October 05, 2011, 10:33:21 AM »
Tiesto @ UCD

Porter Robinson ripped shit up!! He was amazingly good. I liked his stage presence too. Very good energy and the crowd loved it. He started out strong ...banging! but the 2nd to the last song was Lady Gaga. I was like ..."what?" Lol Tiesto was Tiesto. Very electro but banging! He played all his old stuff. It was my 2nd time seeing him after the change of sounds. Besides EDC ...this show was very awesome.   O0 I still wish that he come back to the sound that made him big. Kinda want him to wow everybody ...but he seems happy with the new sound.
also, this event was the first one I've ever been to that didn't serve any alcohol. yes, the place was DRY!! I was sooooo sober!! well, we downed a bottle of E&J before going in and Ben did give me shots of Jager but that was it. hahaha ...crazy times!!

Next up!! Monster Massive - Armin Only: Mirage  :D :D
well, before that we have Cosmic Gate @ Barcode. haha!! I don't know how I'm going to do it ...but I'm going to do it. I am soooo gonna request that Wednesday off. Lol.  ;D I'm on a roll.  :idiot2: :2funny:

Advertisements