Advertisement

Author Topic: argh.  (Read 234082 times)

bootee

Re: argh.
« Reply #1920 on: October 20, 2011, 04:49:21 AM »
Monster Massive CANCELLED!!

Unfortunately, the promoters never really had the venue secured so Go Ventures had no choice but to cancel the event. I got my refund. Lost the fee charge but at least I got the price of the ticket back. No more Go Ventures events for me. They gave a choice to exchange your Monster Massive ticket for a TAO or a Monster Massive 2012 ticket but I was like ...Hell tittie NO!! So much for an Armin Only event. I was waiting for an Armin show. I haven't seen him at all this year.  :-\ I hope somebody brings him out for New Year's Eve.

Moving.

We're moving again. A quick reply from the owner of the house. I didn't really want to but considering all the shit that's happening to the house now ...I guess its better now then later. We have to move out by the end of this month so I have a lot of packing to do.  :-\ I guess its kind of a good thing that I'm not going to Monster Massive. The hole my sister dug up for me would have been bigger if that was the case.

Miami 2012!

Our condo is booked. Ultra Music Festival tickets are confirmed. William and I waited til the start of ticket sales and with a quickness ...BAM!! We got early bird tickets for a reasonable price. The ticket jump was super high afterwards and the service fees were incredibly shocking. I'm just waiting for a good deal on airfare ...no rush for that. I guess I will wait until the move and then search harder. I'm excited.  :2funny: This time I won't hold myself back. I will be rooming with Max and Carl while William and his friends will be in another. I think I will be more comfortable this time around. Tee is going to party hard. HAR HAR!!

Cosmic Gate!!

Since Monster Massive is cancelled ...I'm going to Cosmic Gate @ Barcode. I think I would have went anyways if MM wasn't cancelled. haha! Ger and Chick will be joining me this time to celebrate Ger's brithday. Its going to be fun. Its been a while since Ger has been to an event. She misses it. haha!! I gotta get their new album. I have no freakin' idea what's in stored for me! I've been so late on music lately. Listening to the same shit every single day. Its not shit. But I gotta say ...I love waking up to the sounds of Markus Schulz. I feel so energized and awake when I press play. :headbang:

A lot has happened the past month. I'm still trying to catch up with everything. With just 2 days a week ..working the 3rd shift, I still find it hard to do anything. To find sleep I guess. Some days I'll sleep through the night after working a 16 hour shift and be up for the next 3rd shift without any sleep and that just kills me the next day! I don't know how long I'm going to keep this up but I hope I can hang with it until Miami. I think? haha!

...and off I go!  :D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bootee

« Reply #1921 on: October 27, 2011, 12:49:23 PM »
Cosmic Gate @ Barcode

I have never fought with myself that much before!! Lol!! Everything was so tempting ...But I did it anyways. It was fun. Met the regulars and some new. Hell, I even saw the Merced cousins! haha ...
I clocked out at 3pm on Tuesday after doing 16 hours of work. I went to bed and only got about 3 hours of sleep. For somebody who just worked 16 hours ...that is not enough! My phone was going off the hook. So I got mad and just stayed up. Got to Barcode around 10:15pm and boy!! Was it dead. Lol!! It was so empty ...But Cosmic Gate threw a kick ass set anyways. They came on at 12am and finished at 2am. Reverse closed the night at 3am but I left right after Cosmic Gate was done. It was 2am and I had to get up at 6am for work.  :idiot2: Yesterday was the worst day ever!! I struggled hard to stay awake at work. I wanted to leave at 1pm but ended up doing the whole 8 hour shift. I wanted to cry!! haha!! But it was my fault. After getting off ...I met my sister for some pho and when I got home ...I KTFO!! Until my alarm came on at 10pm and got ready for the 3rd shift.

Today, I feel much better but I really do need to rest. Hell, I need to pack. My room hasn't been touched (twss). Lol.

bootee

« Reply #1922 on: November 08, 2011, 09:44:43 AM »
I'M SO EXCITED!!

Tonight, I'm gonna go see Lights for the very first time!!  :D

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:49:17 AM by bootee »

bootee

« Reply #1923 on: November 09, 2011, 10:05:23 AM »
Lights was so awesome!! She is incredibly talented and she sounds really great Live!
I'm so glad I had Ger with me for this last minute trip! I had a great time.

bootee

« Reply #1924 on: November 10, 2011, 09:33:34 AM »
Let's make this bitchin' dream happen!!  O0 ;) :)

bootee

« Reply #1925 on: November 28, 2011, 03:20:12 PM »
forget New Year's Eve!!

I just bought tickets for both shows on February 18th & 19th!! I'm so glad its for February instead of March ...right before Miami!! Lolz!!  O0 :D :headbang:

bootee

« Reply #1926 on: December 01, 2011, 03:33:59 PM »
WHAT A FUKKIN' GREAT DAY!!

Today Armin Van Buuren announced Los Angeles as one of the cities for A State Of Trance 550!! I don't care if its a few days before Miami ...I am going to get my ass there!! Lol!! Another US state added is Miami!! He didn't mention/couldn't announce the day of the event but I sure hope its the same week I'm going to be there and same place ...Ultra Music Festival.  O0

I've got 2012 lined up already ...

I'm skipping etd. Love and starting it off with Markus Schulz in February for his Los Angeles '12 release party.
then ASOT 550 and then head out for Miami. I am fully prepared for a strong 2012!  :)

bootee

« Reply #1927 on: December 08, 2011, 09:55:02 AM »
this journal is becoming more and more like my very own EDM thread.  :D ;D

bootee

« Reply #1928 on: December 13, 2011, 01:38:03 PM »
I don't care what anybody says ...I'm gonna do it.  O0

bootee

« Reply #1929 on: January 12, 2012, 01:36:37 PM »
well, hello 2012!

Let's get ready to start the new year with some epic shows!

-In February we have 2 shows in Los Angeles with Markus Schulz for his release of Los Angeles '12
-In March we have Beyond Wonderland / A State of Trance 550 in San Bernardino
-Also in March ...well, actually a few days after Beyond Wonderland ...I'm taking a flight to Miami, Florida for ULTRA!! And I'll be gone for 5 nights and 6 days.  O0

It is going to be crazy but I am super stoked!!  :D I ended 2011 with family and hope that this year will be bigger. Its time I relive those awesome moments again. I've been holding back like a mofo!

-cheers

bootee

« Reply #1930 on: February 10, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »
well hello journal.

It has been a while. One more week until I leave to Los Angeles for 4 days. I'm gonna call it "training for Miami" ...but you guys all know Tee doesn't need any training! LOL. On Friday the day we arrive we will be following the Kogi truck! I have been wanting to try their Korean BBQ tacos for the longest time! I will be on twitter and be where the truck is! Later that night we are going to Exchange LA to see Tritonal and Super8 & TAB. It was unexpected but when they announced it I was like ..."what the hell? we're there anyways." ...lol! 3 shows! 3 nights!

Pray for me. For I will be driving there and back ...alone!  :-X :D ;D

bootee

« Reply #1931 on: February 16, 2012, 01:27:49 PM »
My 4 day weekend starts in 3.5 hours!! I'm so excited and I wanna throw up. Lol.

:-\ ;D :D

Its going to be crazy fun!! will come back to tell you all on Tuesday!  O0 ;)

bootee

« Reply #1932 on: February 23, 2012, 01:04:03 PM »
Hello journal!!
Let me start it out with a big WOW!! And tell you about my journey to Los Angeles '12

On Friday at 3:45am I left Sacramento and headed for Los Angeles. I was totally right on time! Picked up Maxine and Carl at the airport and spent a few hours at Fashion District. By 3:30pm we checked in to the hotel and relaxed a bit with a few cocktails and got ready to head out to Exchange LA where we saw Super 8 & TAB and a little bit of Tritonal. Mr. RED from PH himself met up with me at the club and we shared a shot together. Its always great to him. Its been like 2 years? He's always the smooth gentlemen. He left my spot and found himself with some random people he met so I left him alone and we headed back to the hotel around 1:30am.

On Saturday we slept in and started the day at Noon where we had breakfast/lunch at the restaurant that's attached to the hotel. Then we prepped ourselves up for Markus Schulz at Avalon. Before the show we decided to eat at Cleo's ...a restaurant that is right next door to Avalon. While Carl went to the bathroom he saw Markus Schulz next to the bar ...waiting to head up stairs to get the show ready ...he kindly asked Markus "it would make my gf really happy if you would walk over the our table to say Hi" ...and what does he do? HE FUKKIN' WALKED OVER AND SAID HI TO ME AND MAX!!! haha! You should have seen the look on my face! Max was talking to me so I was looking at her ...while I took a glimpse at the guy who was walking towards the table ...and pointed "OMG!" Both Max and I got up and hugged him. LOL!! No matter how many times I've met Markus Schulz it always fells like the first time! He is that amazing.

I knew he was going to go all out and do over an 8 hour set. But he didn't stop there ...he actually did a 10+ hour set.  :idiot2: :o I was a little disappointed at myself because we only lasted until 6:40am. I've been to Avalon last year for my birthday where I was there til 10pm-8am!! Even tho we left early Markus took us in to the rabbit hole like no other!! Every single track he played was amazing. The edits/remixes ...was all so mind blowing! After dinner I managed to talked Carl in to wearing my Markus Schulz shirt so he could get it signed. And Carl too is amazing! Before we left Carl took the shirt off and handed to Mr. Pit who also signed the shirt. After he signed it he handed it to Markus Schulz boy!! I am complete! Lol

On Sunday we slept in until 3pm! Wow! haha! We got up and started the day at Sappe Coffee Shop. They have the best Thai Boat Noodles!! I remember the first time William took me there ...Its been years. After noodles we rested and began the drinks! Round 2 with Markus Schulz! This time it was Markus plus the ColdHarbour boys. Mr. Pit, Arnej, Jochen Miller (who was amazing!), and Grube & Hovsepian. While Mr. Pit was doing his back to back set with Markus ...As I was walking back in from outside I noticed that tall guy who was just done doing a back to back set with Markus! It was ARNEJ!! He was just standing there with his drinks and nobody noticed him so I tapped him on his back and said "Hi Arnej! You were awesome. Can I get a picture with you?" and he kindly said "Thank you. Sure" ...and voila! My first time seeing Arnej live and meeting him. It was an awesome night.

After I took a picture with him people were looking and noticed him. Then he got mugged. And I said sorry. LOL!! He took like 4 pictures and then he ran upstairs. We lasted until 5:30am on Sunday ...I don't know what it was but we couldn't hang. I'm a little afraid for Miami! Lol.

Being a priority member the hotel gave me a 2pm late check out so we slept in and got ready for some breakfast/lunch at Kitchen 24 ...one of Markus' favorite place to have brunch! Lol. After I dropped Max and Carl off at the airport I was on the journey back to Sacramento. I was late for work. Yes, I worked the 3rd shift that night. I called in and made a big fat lie. Couldn't get the other guy to work for me so I told them I'd be late. Got in at 12:15am after I dropped off the rental. I did 7 hours there and then went to the next job. Did 8 hours there and was up for a total of 25 hours! I crashed hella hard when I got home at 4pm.  :-\

It was a great 4 day weekend. Only the strong would have survived all that.  O0

In 2.5 weeks we have Beyond Wonderland / A State Of Trance 550 in San Bernardino, CA. This is gonna be super fun! Chick is coming with me ...and we're going to meet up with Douly and AK. I always have a great time when I party with these guys. hehe!

Until the next show ...See you soon!  :hello:

bootee

« Reply #1933 on: March 19, 2012, 02:36:01 PM »
Yes!! I got my journal back!! Thank you Toumeng.  :)

Back to where I left off ...

Friday at 3:45pm Chick and I left Sacramento and started our road trip to Los Angeles! While we complained about the traffic ...we drank 4 bottles of Heineken in the car when we reached Santa Clarita. Maybe we were excited?? Lol!! ....irresponsi ble, yes. I know! by the time we checked in to the hotel it was 10:30pm and it was perfect timing! Showered and got ready for Exchange Los Angeles. TyDi didn't impress me much. all those break downs and drops he made ...but Andy Moor! He got us all rowdy!! played an awesome set and we stayed til the very last song. It was a great start of our trip.

Saturday, Chick and I got up and went to Sappe Coffee Shop in Hollywood for some Thai Boat Noodles. they are the bomb digity!!  :D ;D Since we couldn't check in to the other hotel at San Bernardino til 3pm ...We decided to follow the Kogi truck!! and I gotta say ...it was worth the 30 minute drive. haha!! the food was amazing!! I know it was crazy to have the tacos and the burrito after the noodles but damn! we couldn't resist it. haha!

After the Kogi truck we tried our luck to see if we could check in to the hotel early. and voila!! it was A-OK!! 2:30pm and in the room. We relaxed a bit before getting ready for Beyond Wonderland. It was raining.  :-\ In warm clothes we were on our way to the Nos Center. traffic was horrible!! I'm glad we left at the time we did cuz Douly and Tiff were in such bad traffic they missed out on Fei-Fei, Shogun, and Seid Van Reil.

Here's my review -

Fei-Fei - I missed her set but from the looks of the youtube vids I'm a little glad I didn't tune in. I don't really mind dub step but when the number #1 trance dj books you for the biggest show to celebrate his radio show called A State Of Trance ...you should give it trance?

Shogun - I actually liked his set better than the one he did for ASOT 500 Sydney

Sied Van Riel - my first time seeing this guy and I was really looking forward to his set. If I wasn't so cold ...I think I would have enjoyed it better. he was banging tho! I can't wait to see him again in Miami.

John O'Callaghan - He never dissapoints!! It was hard. It was banging ....just everything I expected in him.

Aly & Fila - I've seen better from Fila! He had an ok set. Too much break downs ...not the usual. But it was still banging.

Arty - He did ok for me. I think he should have came on before Seid and JOC but it all worked out.

Gareth Emery - Yes, he could have done better ...but it was enjoyable. Ever since I went to his Northern Lights Re-Lit concert ...I have been a fan. But he hasn't given me another set like that concert since the last 2 times I've seen him.

Armin Van Buuren - WOW! I have not seen this guy since August '10 in Minnesota for my birthday and He blew me away. No emo stuff ...just straight down to it. That is the AVB I know!

After an hour and a half ...we finally got out of the fukking parking lot. It was insane!! cars coming from all directions and nobody was out there guiding everybody out. why? because it was raining and fukking muddy as hell! we finally got back to the hotel at 4:15am ....it was crazy and we were beat. Thank god for the food we saved. haha!! we were hungry.

At 10:35am we got up and checked out. We stopped by Douly and Ak's hotel. It went from dropping off a bag to eating at Elephant Bar to having drinks ...and more drinks in the room. Mayki gave me a rice krispy treat that had special stuff in it. I don't know what I was thinking ...I held the piece for a while until she turned to me and said "EAT IT!!" and so I stuffed it in my mouth. Lol!! it was disgusting.

after a few shots of Henney the treat kicked in as we were in the spa and the pool. I was throwing up like a b!tch. for hours I think. Chick finally got me up and walk to the car in my wet clothes. Lol!! I passed out for 3 hours in the car. And she finally got me up to drive from Madera to Stockton. I was still high and couldn't keep my eyes open. We finally got home at 3am ...I passed out the minute my head hit the pillow. I sooooooo did not want to work this morning.

next stop!! MIAMI, FLORIDA
I will be leaving tomorrow night for Miami. I will be gone for 7 days and it is going to be super crazy!! And AK said yes to Electric Zoo in New York for our birthdays!! YES!! this year is so fukkin' exciting. Great friends = Great times!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:18:46 PM by bootee »

JustMe

« Reply #1934 on: March 19, 2012, 03:10:58 PM »
Did you save me some Rice Crispies..? :2funny: See you in a few..  O0

Advertisements