Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485827 times)

blablablablabla

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2009, 07:17:39 AM »
me and my partner as always... Jason come out there, it will give you an idea of how to fish the classic.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

ricqik

« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2009, 01:42:05 AM »
yeah baby, bass opener ;D ;D ;D

Photocycle

« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2009, 09:15:52 AM »
yeah... weird.. this is the day we've all been waiting for... but for some reason, I'm not motivated. WTF?

ricqik

« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2009, 10:24:56 PM »
they came in with 12 lbs for the satellite. bass seems smaller this yr. i saw some hmong people bass fishing n every decent sized bass went into their livewell. i found a spot that has four 3 lbs min male bass guarding nest within a 100' area n a couple of 3-4 lbs female cruisers. unlikely they'll still be there by next week but i hope they hang around close by.

blablablablabla

« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2009, 07:28:03 AM »
it was a tough day out there on tonka  :'(  ...........i might have a good solid 4lber for you to chase rick....

ricqik

« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2009, 01:09:40 PM »
low water, early algae bloom, cotton floating everywhere, fish staying deeper than usual, damn, it's good bass fishing.

ricqik

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2009, 11:18:01 PM »
guys, went prefishing today. looking good if the bass stays in the area where they should be. the rest is just getting them to bite. i'm talking upper 20's if all goes well n if we get there first before anybody. the only down side is traveling almost across the entire lake just to get there, probably burn up 30min getting there.

fry's r hatched, 1-2 lbs males everywhere, looking for them 3-4 lbs male only or an occasional female cruisers. they're on the move. so keep an eye out. females r in transition to take cover, so cover bite is starting to pick up as well. top water is still slow. the key right now is finesse. have fun guys.

ricqik

« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2009, 01:35:44 AM »

I already submitted mine back in April. How do you know if you got in? Do they send you a confirmation letter or do you just have to show up during tourney day and hope they call your name?
maybe i should make that clear.

fri night is a mandatory meeting. the time n place is on their site. this is where n when u check-in. after everyone checks in, they go over some rulez n stuff then they draw for launch order. they give u a paper plate with ur number. on tourny morning, everyone launches out from spring park, everyone just kinda organize n try to stay in order for take off. it's crawded. my first time ever seeing so many bassboats in a area. pretty cool site. oh, u'll get alot of eye gawkers from them whities but most of them r pretty cool.

Photocycle

« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2009, 09:28:51 PM »
^exactly what you said today.  ;D

I'm gonna bring my camera tomorrow... gotta take some shots of the biggest bass tourney in MN!!!

blablablablabla

« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2009, 10:31:04 PM »
GOOD LUCK TO ALL HBC GUYS THAT ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE MINNETONKA CLASSIC!!!  ;)   GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!  I'VE GOT BEER WAITING IF U GET THAT 30.30LBS!!!!  ;D 

ricqik

« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2009, 08:13:09 PM »
practice was on fire. come tourny day, ain't nothing to catch. typical. ::)

btw, we weighed in 19.36 lbs for 20th n received a $500 check today ;D

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 08:14:46 PM by ricqik »

blablablablabla

« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2009, 11:19:48 AM »
Congrats to you and your bro rick!  Atleast you placed in the money.  that calls for beers!  >:D

blablablablabla

« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2009, 10:04:37 AM »
jason and riqik, how u guys doing on the croix??

Photocycle

« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2009, 11:11:51 AM »
Never touched the St Croix before... but I'll be fishing it with Teng (on HBC site)... my prefish there will be a few hours on Friday evening. LOL  ;D

I'm ready to get my ass handed to me.  8)

blablablablabla

« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2009, 11:48:09 AM »
jason, don't worry between my brother and I we landed 8fish, none over 12inches  ;D 

another day on the river. see u on the water!  :D

Advertisements