Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485840 times)

blablablablabla

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2009, 09:43:55 AM »
YT, where you from???

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

YoursTruly

« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2009, 09:48:12 AM »
Mn of course.  Are you in WI?

blablablablabla

« Reply #152 on: June 09, 2009, 09:53:12 AM »
i'm on the border.  if your interested in a boat, mine might be up forsale at the end of the year. 

Photocycle

« Reply #153 on: June 09, 2009, 11:53:24 AM »
Photo, got more pix with higher resolution??

Not really.. those are from my cell phone. I'll check again later. We do need more photos of the event.

Photocycle

« Reply #154 on: June 09, 2009, 12:59:13 PM »
Rick and Will, if you guys start your engines and put it in gear and just let it move along (idle speed) without giving it any throttle, will it over heat after x amount of time?

blablablablabla

« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2009, 01:40:06 PM »
nope.  never happened to me yet.  i've idled a long ways and no problems.  

low water pickup and shallow water-weed-mud and etc don't mix-yamaha.

I would suggest you get the impeller done if you haven't done so yet.  Last year when i bought my boat on take off sometimes it would beep.  I had my impeller done and no more beeps (engine fault).  Cost me 300 big ones(impeller and prop seal).  I couldn't be happier though.  they recommend changing atleast every 3-5 years max.  The impellers are rubber or plastic and those things don't mix well with the cold MN winters.  

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 01:42:12 PM by blablablablabla »

Photocycle

« Reply #156 on: June 09, 2009, 02:01:28 PM »
Yeah I been thinking about getting my impeller done too. Just need to save up the $300. The job itself seems simple enough... just not sure if I want to go through the hassle of doing it myself. The new impeller kit itself is only around 40-50 bucks. Grrrr....

ricqik

« Reply #157 on: June 09, 2009, 02:01:45 PM »
mine don't overheat. i can idle all day. ;) u may have a worn impeller or a clog somewhere that idling doesn't push enough water thru the motor. get it check. a hot motor is a ticking time bomb just waiting to blow.

i haven't done it myslef but looking at diagrams n my lower unit itself(have a old spare one) the impeller is connected to the lower unit. drop that n it's right there to take off.

low water pick up is great bcuz u can raise the motor for optimum performance. but as will said, the down side is idling in shallow water n thru weeds the water intake will clog n the motor will overheat. lower water pick up is design for performance.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:03:42 PM by ricqik »

blablablablabla

« Reply #158 on: June 10, 2009, 07:30:40 AM »
doing an impeller doesn't seem too hard, but I don't want to take the risk of fuggn things up. >:D 

get that impeller done and you should be good and have nothing to worry about.  One more thing don't be throwing fishing line out the back of the boat!!  It gets in your prop and before you know it you'll blow your LU or Prop seal.  I learned from experiece  ;D

blablablablabla

« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2009, 07:32:51 AM »
Yeah I been thinking about getting my impeller done too. Just need to save up the $300. The job itself seems simple enough... just not sure if I want to go through the hassle of doing it myself. The new impeller kit itself is only around 40-50 bucks. Grrrr....

impeller with labor should be about $150 or so.  i took mine to Supreme Marine, Not sure if they service Yamaha though.  Cool guys and very helpful.  I hear Hannays is good also.  I'm trying to avoid giving my money to Rapid and Frankies.   :D   

Photocycle

« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2009, 07:39:59 AM »
impeller with labor should be about $150 or so.  i took mine to Supreme Marine, Not sure if they service Yamaha though.  Cool guys and very helpful.  I hear Hannays is good also.  I'm trying to avoid giving my money to Rapid and Frankies.   :D   

Well it was actually Hannays that quoted me around $300ish for the job.  :-[

blablablablabla

« Reply #161 on: June 10, 2009, 07:40:46 AM »
damn! they quoted me that for Seal and Impeller.

blablablablabla

« Reply #162 on: June 12, 2009, 07:20:00 AM »
Waconia, saw a few HBC guys out there yesterday.  First time on the lake, very cool lake.  Caught a few fish, saw a beat up muskie.  Good Times!

Photocycle

« Reply #163 on: June 12, 2009, 11:20:56 AM »
Waconia, saw a few HBC guys out there yesterday.  First time on the lake, very cool lake.  Caught a few fish, saw a beat up muskie.  Good Times!

You did all this and you don't plan on fishing it???  :-\

blablablablabla

« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2009, 12:30:28 PM »
Jason, Wish I could but Duty calls.  Family first.  ;)   

Advertisements