Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485816 times)

Photocycle

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »
It's cool bro. I won't be fishing that one either. Scheduling conflict with other things.  :'(

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

ricqik

« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2009, 10:55:33 PM »
damn, i lost my $250 rod n reel set-up at waconia.  :'( if any of u happen to accidently snag it from the deep, u can keep it.

o'gawd, it was so dumb how i i lost is. i had the rod laying on the back deck with 3-4' of line out tipped with a 1/2oz jig. i crank the motor on n was gonna idle over to the next spot. put it in gear n bam, prop pulled the jig in, wrapped the line n along goes my rod straight to the prop. all i heard was click click clack clack n turn just in time to see my rod n reel go overboard n into it's grave. i pretty sure the rod tip broke before the line snapped.

time to save up for a calais.

blablablablabla

« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2009, 07:28:47 AM »
rick, that was your calais.  Damn!!!  I was suppose to try it before you put it in the drink!  got a waypoints for it??  ;D 

that really sucks......I know the feeling!!

two Gloomis, one with a stradic and one with a daiwa.  gone.  ;D

DeceiversChick

« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2009, 07:55:32 AM »
damn, i lost my $250 rod n reel set-up at waconia.  :'( if any of u happen to accidently snag it from the deep, u can keep it.

o'gawd, it was so dumb how i i lost is. i had the rod laying on the back deck with 3-4' of line out tipped with a 1/2oz jig. i crank the motor on n was gonna idle over to the next spot. put it in gear n bam, prop pulled the jig in, wrapped the line n along goes my rod straight to the prop. all i heard was click click clack clack n turn just in time to see my rod n reel go overboard n into it's grave. i pretty sure the rod tip broke before the line snapped.

time to save up for a calais.
damn sorry to hear that... :(

YoursTruly

« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2009, 08:49:22 AM »
  Subject of bass tournaments.  How much is the average buy in?  Not j4. 

ricqik

« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2009, 09:04:17 AM »
no, it was the revo sc that went for the dip. if it was my calais, i'd go diving for it.

hbc - $130 entree fee

ricqik

« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2009, 11:16:52 PM »
paid waconia a visit today. i don't think i'll limit at all, maybe 5 fish if i get lucky. last yrs weeds kill slowed down most of the milfoil for this yr n the water is too clear now. bass r spooky n hanging in cover n deep. got weed growth down to 15'. water temp was mid-upper 60's. post spawn type conditions. tough as heck. it's just not my yr i guess.

blablablablabla

« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2009, 07:16:06 AM »
In the last week.  I paid a visit to.

coon-5 bites, all over 3lbs.  not bad since it was my 3rd time ever being out there
chisago- caught lots of fish, biggest went 3.x average was 2lbs, also picked up a bonus walleye
ham-caught a few, biggest went 2.x, there are some hogs in here

after the croix tourney my HB unit went south.  It wouldn't power on and if it did it can't barely see it.  Was about to kick it off the console.  Well got a new unit.....

Jason, do you have anything else besides the bird running in your boat???  I'm trying to figure out my interference problem.

Good luck to you and your bro on Waconia Ricqik!!!  I'll be in out of town all weekend, saturday afternoon when I call I expect that you clean house with 30+lbs!!!!!   :D

ricqik

« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2009, 08:11:09 AM »
i don't forsee a 4th victory this yr. :'(

blablablablabla

« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2009, 10:02:36 AM »
i don't forsee a 4th victory this yr. :'(

atleast give me some hope!   :D

ricqik

« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2009, 01:42:13 PM »
last wk i took my son n nephew to a lake out in the boonies. caught a bunch of 2 1/2's n 3's. nephew landed a nice 19.5", that should go a little over 4 lbs. awesome lake. no hmong people that i've seen or know of that fishes this lake. all to myself.

it's a 6 lbs bass lake managed as a walleye lake. boonies like cornfields right to the edge of the lake.

ricqik

« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2009, 01:46:07 PM »
bla,

u like sunfish, one of these days i'll take u to a small, deep, clear water, spring fed lake that u can catch n keep ur limit of 8"-9" sunfish(green/bluegill hybrids). i've seen some 10" sunfish too. we'll collect n use snails for bait when we get there.

Hitokiri

« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2009, 04:36:46 PM »
Is there any outlawed lures in Hmong bass tournaments?

ricqik

« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2009, 04:49:00 PM »
standards bass tourny rules only

blablablablabla

« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2009, 07:16:31 AM »
Damn!!!!  Congrats brotha!!!!!!!!!  I would have done crappy out there!!!!!  As long as all Rookies placed in the money!   ;D   

Advertisements