Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485840 times)

DeceiversChick

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2009, 11:17:43 AM »
Tonka can be a tough lake depending on the conditions. I would say stick around bays with a lot of milfoil/vegetation and you should be able to catch panfish/bass all day.

lastly, Don't get lost on Tonka! Bring a map!
We'll be there partying away so i'm not even sure if I'll even get a chance to fish but i'm bringing my gears just in case.  ;D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Photocycle

« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2009, 11:41:50 AM »
We'll be there partying away

Go to big island.. it's the shiznit!

DeceiversChick

« Reply #227 on: August 05, 2009, 12:33:48 PM »

Go to big island.. it's the shiznit!
that's the plan.  :occasion14:

ricqik

« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2009, 11:55:59 AM »
them peeps who anchor around big island r annoying n rude. a bunch of immature peeps. more citation r given out by the sheriffs there than any place on the whole lake minnetonka. so go, join the idiots, u being the few only colored folks there will make u an even easier target. just my opinion. have fun though.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2009, 12:37:17 PM »
them peeps who anchor around big island r annoying n rude. a bunch of immature peeps. more citation r given out by the sheriffs there than any place on the whole lake minnetonka. so go, join the idiots, u being the few only colored folks there will make u an even easier target. just my opinion. have fun though.
dang..... :(

ricqik

« Reply #230 on: August 06, 2009, 12:54:11 PM »
well, u know how it's like. put a bunch of early 20's hicks/rednecks together, add booz, u get the picture.

DeceiversChick

« Reply #231 on: August 06, 2009, 01:08:48 PM »
Yea i know.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #232 on: August 06, 2009, 02:17:55 PM »
Spent a few hours on tonka for my birthday. 

caught a few 2lbers thats it.  It gonna be a tough bite for sure!!!!!

Jason and Rick, practice hard!!!  I'm done practicing for the week, I'm looking forward to my trip this weekend to Pelican in Orr.  4 days straight of fishing and a tourney when I return.   :D  See u monday bright and early at grays!

Let me know how Pelican went...I'm taking my kids and my parents up there next weekend...We'll be staying at the only resort I could find on that lake...

Photocycle

« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2009, 12:53:51 PM »
finally got out on Tonka for 3 hours yesterday... just a few ok bass. then I lose this sucker cuz I took my sweet time... lol

ricqik

« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2009, 05:18:42 PM »
that's ok, it's just a musky, the greety fishermen's fish.

clumzy31

« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2009, 06:19:08 PM »
how did tonka go?  also congrats khang bros.  whats up with that hater on youtube? hahah

ricqik

« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2009, 08:20:55 PM »
i suck as usual, i think i placed close to last. but photocycle kicked my ass at tonka. he's like the, untouchable angler. need to follow him so i can find out where he's fishing.

clumzy31

« Reply #237 on: August 10, 2009, 10:50:53 PM »
how you guys do rick?  and photocycle?  what the winning weight.  i wish i can fish a tournament but my wife is about due anytime.  havnt been out for about a month.  maybe friday i will get some fishing in before the lilone comes.  gotta go to small local lakes where the MEEKA peeps keeps all the bass.  here is catch and release with crappies and whites.  not lgmouth or smllmouth.  well for hmong people it is.  i still rather eat a 14 inch lgmouth than 100 whites.   

blablablablabla

« Reply #238 on: August 11, 2009, 07:22:09 AM »
Rick and Jason kicked my ass!!!!!!!!

i weighted in 8 for 14.05
Rick weighed in 8 for 14.90
Jason I know is he kicked my ass and maybe ricks!   ;D  

Guess I didn't do too bad for one day of practice. 

hey so who won anyways?   ;)  

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 07:33:07 AM by blablablablabla »

blablablablabla

« Reply #239 on: August 11, 2009, 07:25:18 AM »
Let me know how Pelican went...I'm taking my kids and my parents up there next weekend...We'll be staying at the only resort I could find on that lake...

Didn't make it to Pelican.  Pelican seems like the better bass lake in the area.  Spend the weekend on Blackduck.  Caught lots of smallies, few walleyes, few GInormous Pike.  The smallies had worms in the fillets, nasty!  >:(  Walleye and Pike fillets were all good.  I might head back up but go to Pelican. 

Advertisements