Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485861 times)

Photocycle

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #285 on: August 20, 2009, 08:04:47 AM »
jason u dont need luck! ;D

Exactly... I don't need luck, I need miracles.  8)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

DeceiversChick

« Reply #286 on: August 20, 2009, 08:24:57 AM »
oh yeah, dropped my calais combo in the water. "phew" good thing it was only 4' of water. i need to start taping it to my hand.
good lord! almost a 3rd rod?  :angry7:

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #287 on: August 20, 2009, 01:13:56 PM »
Didn't make it to Pelican.  Pelican seems like the better bass lake in the area.  Spend the weekend on Blackduck.  Caught lots of smallies, few walleyes, few GInormous Pike.  The smallies had worms in the fillets, nasty!  >:(  Walleye and Pike fillets were all good.  I might head back up but go to Pelican. 

Sorry..forgot to report back on Pelican...

Let me tell you this lake was crazy hot...I took the kids, the SO and my parents. We camped in tents at a resort. The bay we were in was basically 3 feet deep...with lily pads every where...it made for some really fun topwater action..but we didnt catch the big ones there...
My dad and i caught about 60 bass each in 2 days of fishing...caug ht one huge ass 40'pike that was super fat...The kids caught some really nice bluegills and crappies...we ran out of plastics...My new favorite lake away from the cities....

Weather was pretty crappy when we went..rained all weekend..good thing we came prepared otherwise we would have been miserable...

Here's a few pics...

Photocycle

« Reply #288 on: August 20, 2009, 01:47:59 PM »
very nice!

ricqik

« Reply #289 on: August 20, 2009, 10:40:39 PM »
jimmy, u gonna fish big m? all u really need is 15 lbs to be in good standing, possibly even win. since there's gonna be like 50+ bass boats out there all trying to catch bass, i'm expecting the weight to be low.

blabla, u in or out?

i'm just gonna fish the same ole spots i fished the last time hbc fished there. but it'll suck more bcuz the last time it was in the spring when the bigger fish were shallow after the spawn. this yr it's mid summer, with cold h2o temp, fish r too scattered, could be anyones game. we're all expecting rookies to win. i know alot of rookies fish this lake quite often. this brings back memories, my first tourny with hbc was on big m n i took 3rd.

blablablablabla

« Reply #290 on: August 21, 2009, 07:45:38 AM »
Rick, i'm out!  Have some family things to take care of so won't make it out.  But good luck and open a can of whoopass please! the 12inchers are fat and those are the money fish!!!!!

blablablablabla

« Reply #291 on: August 21, 2009, 07:46:04 AM »
Sorry..forgot to report back on Pelican...

Let me tell you this lake was crazy hot...I took the kids, the SO and my parents. We camped in tents at a resort. The bay we were in was basically 3 feet deep...with lily pads every where...it made for some really fun topwater action..but we didnt catch the big ones there...
My dad and i caught about 60 bass each in 2 days of fishing...caug ht one huge ass 40'pike that was super fat...The kids caught some really nice bluegills and crappies...we ran out of plastics...My new favorite lake away from the cities....

Weather was pretty crappy when we went..rained all weekend..good thing we came prepared otherwise we would have been miserable...

Here's a few pics...

but do u got any pictures of the panfish THO?   :) 

blablablablabla

« Reply #292 on: August 21, 2009, 07:47:13 AM »

Exactly... I don't need luck, I need miracles.  8)

Jason-"the miracle worker"  ;D

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #293 on: August 21, 2009, 08:16:51 AM »
jimmy, u gonna fish big m? all u really need is 15 lbs to be in good standing, possibly even win. since there's gonna be like 50+ bass boats out there all trying to catch bass, i'm expecting the weight to be low.

blabla, u in or out?

i'm just gonna fish the same ole spots i fished the last time hbc fished there. but it'll suck more bcuz the last time it was in the spring when the bigger fish were shallow after the spawn. this yr it's mid summer, with cold h2o temp, fish r too scattered, could be anyones game. we're all expecting rookies to win. i know alot of rookies fish this lake quite often. this brings back memories, my first tourny with hbc was on big m n i took 3rd.

Ric..

not fishing Big Marine this weekend...I didn't have time to prefish this week or last weekend. I never fish that lake so I have no idea what or where to fish on the lake. I was out on it last year but that was for tubing only. I will be fishing the Prior Lake one though....

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #294 on: August 21, 2009, 08:20:24 AM »
but do u got any pictures of the panfish THO?   :) 

No pics of the pannies..my SO has some pictures and they are on her camera...some nice 8 inch gills and a few 10 inch craps...

I talked to this old guy and his wife who are retired....I guess they come up there every summer and just stay in their camper for the summer.  He showed me his pcitures and he caught Bluegills earlier this season the size of those paper plates! He actually put them on the paper plates for comparison...t hey were giants! but he is a huge panfisherman i guess...

blablablablabla

« Reply #295 on: August 21, 2009, 08:51:22 AM »
i'm going to go up there early season and catch me a boat load of diggers!!!!!!  :D   

ricqik

« Reply #296 on: August 22, 2009, 08:56:47 PM »
guys, it only took 15 lbs to win, 14 boats.

was freezing cold this morning n hot n exhausting in the afternoon.

blablablablabla

« Reply #297 on: August 22, 2009, 09:08:32 PM »
guys, it only took 15 lbs to win, 14 boats.

was freezing cold this morning n hot n exhausting in the afternoon.

and you Kicked ass like usual!!!!!!!  Congrats!!!!!   :)

Photocycle

« Reply #298 on: August 24, 2009, 09:29:38 AM »
Congrats... no pix?

blablablablabla

« Reply #299 on: August 24, 2009, 10:57:33 AM »
jason, there aint no pix unless you are there!  ;D 

Advertisements