Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485813 times)

Gym -E- Lamm

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #330 on: September 02, 2009, 12:10:49 PM »

I'd like to... its just so far from me.. wont get much practice there.. gotta find a partner as my bro and buddy bailed out. Anyone go out there yet? I've never fished this lake before...

Jason if your still looking for a partner let me know as my partner bailed out on me too...we can use my boat if you like but it would be more comfy in your boat..and faster...and more stable...LOL

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

ricqik

« Reply #331 on: September 02, 2009, 01:34:12 PM »

Rick wuts ur motor height? (shaft to pad)
2" below pad.

Photocycle

« Reply #332 on: September 02, 2009, 04:11:29 PM »
Jason if your still looking for a partner let me know as my partner bailed out on me too...we can use my boat if you like but it would be more comfy in your boat..and faster...and more stable...LOL

Hey I'll let you know... I'm waiting on one guy.. at this point i havent done any prefishing yet... so I don't know. I guess after I hear back from him and if I get any prefishing in next week then I'll decide whether i'm fishing it or not.

Photocycle

« Reply #333 on: September 02, 2009, 04:13:27 PM »
2" below pad.

geebus rick... I might try to bring her to 2.5 and see wut happens... isn't 2inches a tad bit on the short side? You still get a good bite? (especially when maneuvering..)

ricqik

« Reply #334 on: September 02, 2009, 07:43:30 PM »
u see, my lower unit is diff from urs. mine has lowh2o pick up, urs don't. mine also has a sharper leading edge that doesn't displace water away from the prop so more water gets to the blades. i think i can go all the way up to 3/4". the thing about the hpdi n running a t1 prop is the that the t1 props r 15 1/8". it's a big prop that needs to surface to perform best. that's why having a higher than normal rooster is norm for vmax hpdi's. yammy knew that by going to a bigger diam prop, they need more blade surfacing to help turn that monster. to do that, the normal h2o intake of the older lowerunit like urs was too high so they incorporated a lowh2o pickup to allow the motor to be raised.

as currently, i have plenty of bite. never raised it past 2" yet. maybe after n when i b&b my prop first then i'll play with the it. i don't lose any bite when turning, if u do, trim down. haven't had to do that yet. i'm running my old beat up shaved down n very well dinged prop. saving my two other shiny ones for b&b.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:45:12 PM by ricqik »

clumzy31

« Reply #335 on: September 03, 2009, 12:10:25 AM »
hey ric, i heard ur bro supposed to be intown this week.  im gonna take him to a pretty descent lake.  a few hmong anglers i know just caught a few 5lbners and 6lbners from there.  did u here that pete just caught a 6.5lbner from a pond that we use to go to.  hes putting it on the wall.  and he was on land!

ricqik

« Reply #336 on: September 03, 2009, 09:23:43 AM »
hey ric, i heard ur bro supposed to be intown this week.  im gonna take him to a pretty descent lake.  a few hmong anglers i know just caught a few 5lbners and 6lbners from there.  did u here that pete just caught a 6.5lbner from a pond that we use to go to.  hes putting it on the wall.  and he was on land!
dayem, that's his 2nd 6 lbs class fish. sweet. yeah danny's coming there, i couldn't make it bcuz of work. so u's have fun.

tokio

« Reply #337 on: September 03, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »
anybody know this guy?  damn he caught a monster!

ricqik

« Reply #338 on: September 04, 2009, 08:14:32 AM »
about the kid in the vid

ammatures ::)

blablablablabla

« Reply #339 on: September 04, 2009, 08:15:49 AM »
Good Morning RICK!!! 

ricqik

« Reply #340 on: September 04, 2009, 08:24:58 AM »
sup, gonna go wash up then ead out to prior to try out some of the coordinates i got off danny's bird.

blablablablabla

« Reply #341 on: September 04, 2009, 08:26:54 AM »
dude can I come with?  I'm not fishing prior   ;D 

ricqik

« Reply #342 on: September 04, 2009, 09:00:27 AM »
ur not? give me a call

logging off, bcuz i'm heading out

Photocycle

« Reply #343 on: September 04, 2009, 09:29:17 AM »
^you two bastids... looks like I will be fishing the tourney after all... prefishing Monday though. (only day  :-[ )

blablablablabla

« Reply #344 on: September 04, 2009, 09:42:48 AM »
I won't be attending Prior unfortunately, at least i will still have an ass!   ;D   

Advertisements