Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485873 times)

ricqik

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #345 on: September 05, 2009, 12:01:33 PM »
yesterday was super nice to fish. calm, light breeze, easy to position boat. dragged jigs all day over a few rock piles, pulled a few decent bass. of course, they'll all be gone come tourny day. lol

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

clumzy31

« Reply #346 on: September 05, 2009, 12:55:20 PM »
well got to fish with the hmong KVD yesterday.  its was rics brother dang.  man ya'll some good and dedicated fishermens.  got alot of tips from dang and it was a pleasure taking him out fishing in wisconsin.  of course he caught more of the fish and pete topping off with the biggest being a 19 4lbner.  water was a little to calm and the lake we went to had a big alge bloom shallow.  yall always welcome back. 

clumzy31

« Reply #347 on: September 05, 2009, 01:04:55 PM »
dis guys a rookie... COME GET SOME!  ahahahah... great job though

anybody know this guy?  damn he caught a monster!

ricqik

« Reply #348 on: September 05, 2009, 01:54:37 PM »
well got to fish with the hmong KVD yesterday.  its was rics brother dang.  man ya'll some good and dedicated fishermens.  got alot of tips from dang and it was a pleasure taking him out fishing in wisconsin.  of course he caught more of the fish and pete topping off with the biggest being a 19 4lbner.  water was a little to calm and the lake we went to had a big alge bloom shallow.  yall always welcome back.  
lol, glad u guys had fun, too bad i couldn't make it. damn job.....

were u guys on a boat?

clumzy31

« Reply #349 on: September 05, 2009, 02:59:07 PM »
yea we were on a my boat...

ricqik

« Reply #350 on: September 05, 2009, 06:45:03 PM »
what lake? how many did u's guy catch? deep, shallow, cover? dude, details man. how u gonna tell me about a fishing without a story.

clumzy31

« Reply #351 on: September 06, 2009, 08:58:29 AM »
all together caught a total of about 20 fish all day with some northerns mixed in.  most bass came in real shallow.  of course wacky rigged.  and also of course scummy was also the ticket.  at the end of the day we decided to fish this weed edge that i heard was supposed to be pretty good.  found it and caught some northerns and like 5 bass there with the biggest there topping at 3lbs on jigs and drop shot.  wasn't to bad but could have been better.  we were fishing blind most the time cuz i lost my chip to my cheap lowrance.  oh yea we went to lake delavan and you can only keep one bass over 18 inches if you were to keep any.  on the way home i finally experience my first tire on my trailor going out.  it blew up with out us knowing.  a car had to wave us down and we thought he was going to flick us off cuz i was going to slow up the hill on the fast lane.  then when looked back, rubber was all over the place.  great day to be out though... dang was telling me n pete about some jigs that he got this guy making for him.  his says its a pretty good jig but for some odd reason he wasnt using it at all that day.  hahaha     

tokio

« Reply #352 on: September 06, 2009, 11:38:54 AM »
question about wacky worm style.  usually i get 2-3 bass before my senko falls off but then there are times when just 1 strike will rip it off.  its like losing $.70 for each bass almost.  is there any technique to keep a senko on longer?

ricqik

« Reply #353 on: September 06, 2009, 02:00:26 PM »
o-ring

clumzy31

« Reply #354 on: September 06, 2009, 05:31:26 PM »
I notice that when using an o-ring, it falls off even quicker or the fish would rip it off sideways out of the o-ring leaving you just the ring on the hook.  i think that the best way is to just do it the way you have been doing it and just hope the worm is still there! i heard that theres ways for like gluing the worm back together when ripped.  maybe its just the type of worms you bye.  i also notice that the yamomotos break and fall off real easy.  it sinks faster but the plastic is week.  just my $.02

ricqik

« Reply #355 on: September 06, 2009, 09:18:25 PM »
in the end, u just gotta except it that losing it is part of fishing. i lose 2-3 jigs per outing, many senko's, n a few top water here n there.

ricqik

« Reply #356 on: September 07, 2009, 02:05:59 PM »
^you two bastids... looks like I will be fishing the tourney after all... prefishing Monday though. (only day  :-[ )
how'd the prefishing go? good, ok, suck?

statetheeel

« Reply #357 on: September 08, 2009, 01:23:49 AM »
question about wacky worm style.  usually i get 2-3 bass before my senko falls off but then there are times when just 1 strike will rip it off.  its like losing $.70 for each bass almost.  is there any technique to keep a senko on longer?
I always go with Gamakatsu hooks they are thinner . the thinner the hook less damage it makes.  Gamakasu are the  leading fish hook manufacturer in the world. That thin hook should just puch right threw the Senko and into the fishes jaw and tear is min to none.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 01:25:31 AM by statetheeel »

blablablablabla

« Reply #358 on: September 08, 2009, 07:44:36 AM »
I always go with Gamakatsu hooks they are thinner . the thinner the hook less damage it makes.  Gamakasu are the  leading fish hook manufacturer in the world. That thin hook should just puch right threw the Senko and into the fishes jaw and tear is min to none.

must be sponsored by gama than.   ;D

blablablablabla

« Reply #359 on: September 08, 2009, 10:09:14 AM »
Rick and Jason, how was prior?

Advertisements