Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485871 times)

blablablablabla

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #405 on: September 21, 2009, 03:16:53 PM »
Do you guys plan to Ice fish too?

Yes........wha t kind of question is that??   ;) 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Photocycle

« Reply #406 on: September 23, 2009, 09:20:38 AM »
Will.. wasup? You can't do the st croix tourney now???  :'(

ricqik

« Reply #407 on: September 23, 2009, 08:01:53 PM »
damn yall, can't find good fish. stretchers, if even :o

blablablablabla

« Reply #408 on: September 24, 2009, 07:45:23 AM »
Will.. wasup? You can't do the st croix tourney now???  :'(

can't do it.  no partner and I have meetings and project at work all day friday.....   >:(   sucks...

hows the practice??

ricqik

« Reply #409 on: September 24, 2009, 08:19:22 AM »
i think everyone is making up stories to make it sound like it's on like donkey kong.

Photocycle

« Reply #410 on: September 28, 2009, 07:34:18 AM »
Ric what happened? You leave early on Sat? No keepers?

blablablablabla

« Reply #411 on: September 28, 2009, 08:04:23 AM »
So how was it Jason and Rick?  I couldn't make weigh-in on day 2. 

Photocycle

« Reply #412 on: September 28, 2009, 09:16:57 AM »
So how was it Jason and Rick?  I couldn't make weigh-in on day 2. 

lol.. surprisingly my bro and I got heaviest bag on day two. We weighed in at 17.30 lbs -- made some rookie mistakes though... we had 1 dead fish (my bro hooked it a little too deep and it ended up dying) and we threw it away... so we ended up with 7 fish only. At the weigh ins everyone said we shoulda brought it in cuz it was only a 1/4 deduction from the dead fish's weight... *DOH!* >:(... wish I knew, thought the dead fish's total weight gets deducted from your weight of the overall bag... and wish I would have participated in the "big bag" side bet. Peter came in second at 14 lbs.. looks like it was a tough day for most guys... I wish my bro and I woulda done better on the first day... then maybe we coulda placed for some $$$ overall.

During the 2nd day, we found fish and they were biting like no tomorrow, we caught our limit by 9am... figured everyone else was slammin' them too. Seriously thought mid 20's was gonna be heavy bag for 2nd day.

blablablablabla

« Reply #413 on: September 28, 2009, 09:26:02 AM »

lol.. surprisingly my bro and I got heaviest bag on day two. We weighed in at 17.30 lbs -- made some rookie mistakes though... we had 1 dead fish (my bro hooked it a little too deep and it ended up dying) and we threw it away... so we ended up with 7 fish only. At the weigh ins everyone said we shoulda brought it in cuz it was only a 1/4 deduction from the dead fish's weight... *DOH!* >:(... wish I knew, thought the dead fish's total weight gets deducted from your weight of the overall bag... and wish I would have participated in the "big bag" side bet. Peter came in second at 14 lbs.. looks like it was a tough day for most guys... I wish my bro and I woulda done better on the first day... then maybe we coulda placed for some $$$ overall.

During the 2nd day, we found fish and they were biting like no tomorrow, we caught our limit by 9am... figured everyone else was slammin' them too. Seriously thought mid 20's was gonna be heavy bag for 2nd day.

what were you fishing to catch all your fish?  Deep shallow?  Rock sand?  cranks??

ricqik

« Reply #414 on: September 28, 2009, 09:30:31 AM »
we caught a few but knew it was no chance, we would've needed a 30 lbs bag. we called it quits n left around 1pm.

it's a great yr for us anyways, won over $6k total this yr alone n who knows over all where we're at. we would be in good luck to u guys next yr, i'm in a way retired now.

Photocycle

« Reply #415 on: September 28, 2009, 09:32:10 AM »
what were you fishing to catch all your fish?  Deep shallow?  Rock sand?  cranks??

5ft was the magic depth. we targeted big flats near deep waters. figured since everyone was fishing rocks, ledges, deeper holes.... perhaps we'll try something different and hit long flats. Didn't take long before we saw shads... caught limit with shakey heads and culled with top water baits. It was fun... wish every tourney was like that.  8)

Photocycle

« Reply #416 on: September 28, 2009, 09:33:15 AM »
we would be in good luck to u guys next yr, i'm in a way retired now.

lol bullshit. I'll see you next year!  ;D

blablablablabla

« Reply #417 on: September 28, 2009, 10:05:11 AM »

5ft was the magic depth. we targeted big flats near deep waters. figured since everyone was fishing rocks, ledges, deeper holes.... perhaps we'll try something different and hit long flats. Didn't take long before we saw shads... caught limit with shakey heads and culled with top water baits. It was fun... wish every tourney was like that.  8)

south of 94bridge?

blablablablabla

« Reply #418 on: September 28, 2009, 10:05:41 AM »
Rick we'll you again next year.  You know you can't miss, won't miss Pepin!  :)

Photocycle

« Reply #419 on: September 28, 2009, 10:15:22 AM »
south of 94bridge?

We were south on both days... don't know north enough.. well it's not like we knew south anyway.. lol... to be honest.. going into both days I didn't know where I was going to go.. lol. We just had to trust our instincts and fish the moment for both days. That was my 5th time ever on the river and my brother's 3rd time ever. Need more time on the st croix...  :-[

Advertisements