Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485812 times)

blablablablabla

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #420 on: September 28, 2009, 10:17:42 AM »

We were south on both days... don't know north enough.. well it's not like we knew south anyway.. lol... to be honest.. going into both days I didn't know where I was going to go.. lol. We just had to trust our instincts and fish the moment for both days. That was my 5th time ever on the river and my brother's 3rd time ever. Need more time on the st croix...  :-[

i spend lots of time fishing croix.  if you cant' catch bass, you'll catch whitebass atleast!  I still find it hard to find fish.  I'll find fish but nothing spectacular.  Its just one of these where with time you will know more.  ;D  Jason, you sure did good on the second day!!  Just image doing the same for day 1.  "1st place Jason and Bro"   ;D  

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Photocycle

« Reply #421 on: September 28, 2009, 10:39:21 AM »
i spend lots of time fishing croix.  if you cant' catch bass, you'll catch whitebass atleast!  I still find it hard to find fish.  I'll find fish but nothing spectacular.  Its just one of these where with time you will know more.  ;D  Jason, you sure did good on the second day!!  Just image doing the same for day 1.  "1st place Jason and Bro"   ;D 

LOL.. i can't even catch white bass... then again I've never really tried targeting them there. It was a good experience as a rookie. can't wait till next year.

ricqik

« Reply #422 on: September 28, 2009, 08:15:39 PM »
Rick we'll you again next year.  You know you can't miss, won't miss Pepin!  :)
it was the bomb when no one knew how to catch lg bass from river, had it all to myself. but secrets out, places get pounded. that's why the croix was tough for lg. over heard that one team went to practice n wacked 3-4 lb'ers from the area we usually catch lg from. knowing they probably won't catch them again since it's too short a time for the fish to recover before tourny day, they brought them home. so our usually lg spots got slaughtered during prefishing. but that's ok, next yr since i won't be doing tourny anymore, more fish will make it to the frying pan. as for pepin, that's ok, u guys can have my spots. there's really is just 3 spots i hit this yr for my 21 lbs bag. caught 30+ lg bass from those spots, would of even more but we were culling our 15-17 inch'ers so them 13-15 inch'ers weren't worth catching at the time. it's all back waters caught on n next to lay downs n stumps.

blablablablabla

« Reply #423 on: September 29, 2009, 07:23:59 AM »
I heard about that also, and it was dumb for what they did that upsets me.  Why are you going to tell the whole world where the fish are and also take them home.  >:( They just done F uked it up for the shallow guys.  Oh well, Guess i'll have to look for new spots.  Next year for pepin, make sure you pick up ur phone rick, we going fishing!   :D

Photocycle

« Reply #424 on: September 29, 2009, 09:17:31 AM »
as for pepin, that's ok, u guys can have my spots. there's really is just 3 spots i hit this yr for my 21 lbs bag.

Really? YES!... gimme GPS coordinates... NOW!  >:D

Photocycle

« Reply #425 on: October 01, 2009, 11:44:57 AM »
Rick/Will... you two doing the tourney this Saturday? I think I'm gonna do it.. it's cheap and I still wanna fish!!!

ricqik

« Reply #426 on: October 01, 2009, 01:35:28 PM »
tourny? where? who? how much? winner takes?

Photocycle

« Reply #427 on: October 01, 2009, 02:25:44 PM »
tourny? where? who? how much? winner takes?

For more info, go read the "Pick-Up Tournament" titled Thread on the HBC group website.

Basically Chris and them want to do a quickie tournament this saturday on Tonka. 7:30am till 12:30pm. 5 fish limit... right now they are thinking entry fees be either $40 or $50. Not sure if winner takes all... guess it depends on how many boats show up. I think for now we'll have anywhere from 5-10 boats...

I'll probably do it... I'm free Saturday and if it's $50, that's only $25 bucks per person on a team. Not bad at all!

WILL You better get in too since you missed the last tourney!!!

ricqik

« Reply #428 on: October 01, 2009, 04:11:37 PM »
hmm, i could use a few hundred dollars ;D

ricqik

« Reply #429 on: October 01, 2009, 04:11:55 PM »
or, i could donate ;D ;D ;D

Photocycle

« Reply #430 on: October 01, 2009, 04:30:39 PM »
^good.. better come out. I need a good boat to follow. (I hope you don't mind.)  ;D

ricqik

« Reply #431 on: October 01, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
i placed 10th the last time on tonka n u want to follow me? ;D

DeceiversChick

« Reply #432 on: October 02, 2009, 12:55:59 AM »
I'm curious what is the HBC's site? i try googling it but it doesn't link directly to it? Or is it a paid member site?

blablablablabla

« Reply #433 on: October 02, 2009, 07:16:33 AM »
I'm curious what is the HBC's site? i try googling it but it doesn't link directly to it? Or is it a paid member site?

girls like you can't join the hbc site.   ;D

blablablablabla

« Reply #434 on: October 02, 2009, 07:17:31 AM »

WILL You better get in too since you missed the last tourney!!!

can't make it bro.  have a funeral to attend and might go duck hunting..... ;)  Good Luck though!  Hit them docks!! Hit em hard!!!!!! 

Advertisements