Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485812 times)

blablablablabla

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #495 on: October 15, 2009, 10:43:43 AM »
Rick, What u doing saturday????  St.Croix?????   :)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

ricqik

« Reply #496 on: October 15, 2009, 04:46:20 PM »
thinking about going fri to a small lake, basically just to run some seafoam thru the lines n then store the boat away.

blablablablabla

« Reply #497 on: October 16, 2009, 07:17:16 AM »
I might go St.Croix North, north of Taylors for smallies...... ............If I go. I call u if u want to tag along. 

Al_Linder

« Reply #498 on: October 16, 2009, 10:46:38 AM »
Minnetonka and Waconia
 ;D

Yo Gym E, do you know if Forrest Lake is still hitting basses there? What are the regulations there too? Are the basses catch and release only? My folks been wanting me to catch them some largemouth bass to eat because they like it more than white bass. So I might just go there and catch a few to take home for them. Let me know if the lake is still hitting that way I can go catch my parents some. Also, do you know if Forrest Lake is a good crappie lake too? If not, I might just hit up North Lindstrum for the crappies. They're not that big though but there's a lot of them there. Obviously you need a boat to get to that hot spot though. = )

ricqik

« Reply #499 on: October 16, 2009, 11:05:29 AM »
I might go St.Croix North, north of Taylors for smallies...... ............If I go. I call u if u want to tag along. 
guess i'm not going anywhere this wknd now

blablablablabla

« Reply #500 on: October 16, 2009, 11:41:12 AM »
guess i'm not going anywhere this wknd now

u going out today??  your decoys weights, i buy them from u......need them soon.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #501 on: October 16, 2009, 12:03:21 PM »
Yo Gym E, do you know if Forrest Lake is still hitting basses there? What are the regulations there too? Are the basses catch and release only? My folks been wanting me to catch them some largemouth bass to eat because they like it more than white bass. So I might just go there and catch a few to take home for them. Let me know if the lake is still hitting that way I can go catch my parents some. Also, do you know if Forrest Lake is a good crappie lake too? If not, I might just hit up North Lindstrum for the crappies. They're not that big though but there's a lot of them there. Obviously you need a boat to get to that hot spot though. = )

Forest Lake would be last on my list of bass lakes to fish for bass...but ask Ricqik for all the hot spots on that lake..he seems to do well on it...LOL

I don't fish in that area of the metro for bass so I'm clueless as to what lakes you might want to hit for late fall bass....you could Try Green,Bigmarine, or N/S Center...

I only fish north west and southwest area of the metro as that is where I live and i'm too lazy to travel to the northeast/Southeast metro area...

ricqik

« Reply #502 on: October 16, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »
u going out today??  your decoys weights, i buy them from u......need them soon.
buy?? i'll just give them to u, when i get a chance to go get it.

Al_Linder

« Reply #503 on: October 16, 2009, 07:56:57 PM »
buy?? i'll just give them to u, when i get a chance to go get it.

Ricqk, are the basses still hitting on Forrest Lake? Is it catch and release there too? Forrest Lake isn't with the Chisago County is it?

ricqik

« Reply #504 on: October 16, 2009, 08:37:46 PM »
Ricqk, are the basses still hitting on Forrest Lake? Is it catch and release there too? Forrest Lake isn't with the Chisago County is it?
forest is not a c&r lake, otherwise we wouldn't be able to have a tourny on there.

keep as many as u want from there, as long as u stay legal. bass will continue to hit until the water temps drop to about 50 then it slows down big time.

Al_Linder

« Reply #505 on: October 17, 2009, 05:06:06 PM »
forest is not a c&r lake, otherwise we wouldn't be able to have a tourny on there.

keep as many as u want from there, as long as u stay legal. bass will continue to hit until the water temps drop to about 50 then it slows down big time.

Dayem, I just got back from fishing at Forest Lake. Bad bad luck! Nothing was biting. We saw a bunch of white folks fishing for muskie but that was it. No bass were hitting, not even crappies. It's time to winterized my boat and call it a season. Now that I know, I won't bass fish in october anymore. Unless you guys show me some great fall bass fishing techniques then maybe I might reconsider.

blablablablabla

« Reply #506 on: October 20, 2009, 11:20:52 AM »
Dayem, I just got back from fishing at Forest Lake. Bad bad luck! Nothing was biting. We saw a bunch of white folks fishing for muskie but that was it. No bass were hitting, not even crappies. It's time to winterized my boat and call it a season. Now that I know, I won't bass fish in october anymore. Unless you guys show me some great fall bass fishing techniques then maybe I might reconsider.

October, some of the best bass fishing ever!!!  Not much for numbers but hawgs none the less. 

Al_Linder

« Reply #507 on: October 20, 2009, 01:01:56 PM »
October, some of the best bass fishing ever!!!  Not much for numbers but hawgs none the less. 

Hey, how do you fish for fall October season bass? Help me out man? Don't worry, I'm not a poacher. haha. I own a boat, property, and I'm civilized. I'm not barbaric like much of our Hmong Folks who goes to North Dakota. hahaha. Help me out!

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #508 on: October 20, 2009, 02:19:40 PM »
Hey, how do you fish for fall October season bass? Help me out man? Don't worry, I'm not a poacher. haha. I own a boat, property, and I'm civilized. I'm not barbaric like much of our Hmong Folks who goes to North Dakota. hahaha. Help me out!

If I were out...I would be looking for the last weeds that haven't died off yet...or Sand...or rock...

blablablablabla

« Reply #509 on: October 20, 2009, 04:48:01 PM »
If I were out...I would be looking for the last weeds that haven't died off yet...or Sand...or rock...

What he said. 

What i usually do is...
start shallow work towards deep
look for green weeds, green/live weeds=Oxygen, Oxygen=Food
Crankbaits to pull green weeds and reaction bite
late season, bigger baits, vary retrieve slow/fast

hope that helps, I'm no pro.   ;D

Advertisements