Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485812 times)

blablablablabla

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #540 on: November 24, 2009, 10:30:39 AM »

lol I'm game... gosh.. its still not too late to go out and fish. I'm tempted. Just need to make time for it.

I don't think we'll be ice fishing in December with this kind of weather.  :-\

first ice crappies!  in WI....bout an hour away from MN.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

ricqik

« Reply #541 on: November 29, 2009, 09:50:05 AM »

first ice crappies!  in WI....bout an hour away from MN.
where u finding ice

blablablablabla

« Reply #542 on: November 30, 2009, 06:56:58 AM »
where u finding ice

give it about 2 to 3 more weeks, Butch's Bay for them slabs!!!  Since I missed them last year, i'm going to make sure I hit this spot first!  There is also another lake south of there that holds good crappies...... ..

I'll be sure to call you and danny when its time!   ;D 

Photocycle

« Reply #543 on: November 30, 2009, 10:44:42 AM »
Any of you going to the ice fishing show at the excel energy center this upcoming weekend?

blablablablabla

« Reply #544 on: November 30, 2009, 11:40:17 AM »
Any of you going to the ice fishing show at the excel energy center this upcoming weekend?

photo, which day you plan on going?  I work in the area maybe we could meet up and check it out.   :) 

ricqik

« Reply #545 on: December 02, 2009, 07:59:47 PM »
hmm

i could be fishing yr round down here n never worry about winterizing

blablablablabla

« Reply #546 on: December 02, 2009, 10:00:10 PM »
don't tell me your in MS again...... >:D

ricqik

« Reply #547 on: December 02, 2009, 11:30:37 PM »

blablablablabla

« Reply #548 on: December 03, 2009, 06:33:56 AM »
mo

yeah....what you said.  no wonder I failed social studies in grade school.   ;D

ricqik

« Reply #549 on: December 03, 2009, 08:47:21 AM »
i could be fishing table rock yr round

Photocycle

« Reply #550 on: December 03, 2009, 09:29:51 AM »
photo, which day you plan on going?  I work in the area maybe we could meet up and check it out.   :) 

Not sure yet. I'd like to drop by at least sometime this weekend...

Any of you own any of the ice armor, arctic armor, or snosuit gears? Hmmmm I'm thinking about giving in and investing into one of these insulated suits so I can finally not have to put on 10 sweaters and sweat pants before I go out during winter or cold spring/fall fishing days....  ???

blablablablabla

« Reply #551 on: December 03, 2009, 11:32:41 AM »
Not sure yet. I'd like to drop by at least sometime this weekend...

Any of you own any of the ice armor, arctic armor, or snosuit gears? Hmmmm I'm thinking about giving in and investing into one of these insulated suits so I can finally not have to put on 10 sweaters and sweat pants before I go out during winter or cold spring/fall fishing days....  ???

Photo, you don't have to spend that kind of money!!!!  $300?? :'(  
I layer up in the following (bowhunt,duck hunt, icefish, boat) 30degree weather or less windy or not.    

under armour cold gear top and bottom $100
wading fleece suit $60
1 pair 100% merino wool socks $12
columbia fleece top $35
all that under my rain suit bib and parka$100
with 600gram thinsulate boots

I hunt/fish comfortably all day in a tree in 20 degree weather under scent blocker pants/parka, 0 degree days ice fishing under rain suit, 20degree with a nasty NW wind howling  10+ hours in cat tails 600gram thinsulate boots, 3.5mm neoprene waders.  

For those that have never tried under armour, try it!!.  It is worth the $100 bucks!  Especially if you have a long hike to your stand.  The fleece wading suit is also worth the money.  The UA lets you sweat out, while the fleece insulates.  (minimal cold sweat) All the guys (15+) I hunt and ice fish with will never go without our Under Armour-its been 4 years!  Also don't cheap out on socks, get the real stuff-100% Merino Wool!  The wool blend is a waste of money! (I have a drawer full from over the years)  Dress light and learn how to layer and you will be surprised.  Lighter gear, you go further, faster and the cold sweat is not half as bad.  Try it dude!!! You'll be surprised!!!  This is my comfort level but may not be yours.   :)

O0

I'll be at the show tomorrow afternoon if you want to meet up.  Looking for an auger.. ;)  

« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:39:04 AM by blablablablabla »

Photocycle

« Reply #552 on: December 03, 2009, 11:52:26 AM »
Photo, you don't have to spend that kind of money!!!!  $300?? :'(  
I layer up in the following (bowhunt,duck hunt, icefish, boat) 30degree weather or less windy or not.    

under armour cold gear top and bottom $100
wading fleece suit $60
1 pair 100% merino wool socks $12
columbia fleece top $35
all that under my rain suit bib and parka$100
with 600gram thinsulate boots

hmmmm... well everything you listed is easily over $300... why not just spend that $300ish on a single suit that does it all for you? In addition it's tough/sturdy, water/wind proof and will float if you fall in water (arctic armor). All you gotta do is dress casually and put the suit on.

I can also use the suit on them cold ass rainy/wet tourney fishing days (spring/fall) and the fact that the suit floats is a big plus for safety.

I would always prefer to be too hot than mildly cold for that matter...

Hmmmmm... thinking the one time investment may be worth it... and should last for 5+ years hopefully..  :-\

« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:54:54 AM by Photocycle »

blablablablabla

« Reply #553 on: December 03, 2009, 01:14:35 PM »
well think of it this way.  You can have all that and layer or you can have one suit that you will only work for one situation.  Early spring, fall and ice will be the only time the big suit will work.  The rain suit I have I can't even wear it in May with shorts on.  ;D  The floating suit is a plus for sure!  I've thought about buying one also but can't justify it because its as much as a new flasher.   :)  ;D  If your looking for a suit, get a hold of me 20-30% off retail.   :)  Photo, do you hunt?   

blablablablabla

« Reply #554 on: December 03, 2009, 01:27:41 PM »
photo,

text me your number...i lost all my contacts.  >:(

Advertisements