Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485841 times)

Photocycle

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #555 on: December 03, 2009, 01:39:18 PM »
well think of it this way.  You can have all that and layer or you can have one suit that you will only work for one situation.  Early spring, fall and ice will be the only time the big suit will work.  The rain suit I have I can't even wear it in May with shorts on.  ;D  The floating suit is a plus for sure!  I've thought about buying one also but can't justify it because its as much as a new flasher.   :)  ;D  If your looking for a suit, get a hold of me 20-30% off retail.   :)  Photo, do you hunt?   

Well the arctic armor suit I figure will work for me even during cold or wet days during summer as I get cold easily... if it gets hot I can just leave it unziped or whatever. So I'm kinda under the mindset that this won't be a single purpose suit but multi-purpose in all kinds of weather.

Can you get me 20-30% off retail for the Arctic armor suits?

Lastly, I don't hunt but people bug me to hunt every year... I don't do it becuz i have too many hobbies that I rarely get time for already and if I wanna start hunting I'm looking at at least $2k to start (license, gun, gears, accessories)...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Photocycle

« Reply #556 on: December 03, 2009, 01:40:33 PM »
photo,

text me your number...i lost all my contacts.  >:(

PM sent.

ricqik

« Reply #557 on: December 04, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »
dec n still no ice :D

Photocycle

« Reply #558 on: December 07, 2009, 01:26:30 PM »
I think I'm going to go with Strike Master's ice suit... they had them for $160 (full set) at the ice fishing show but I couldn't make it. They will have them for sale again from dec 15 till dec 28th for about $175 which is a pretty good deal considering regular price is a little over $250.

Rick, I think if we're lucky we'll be out by end of Dec... otherwise I ain't going near ice till I see them big'ol ford F350 diesel trucks out there lol..  :) 

blablablablabla

« Reply #559 on: December 07, 2009, 01:44:23 PM »
I'm hoping this weekend I'll be ice fishing....... ...It all depends on how much snow we get and how fast it will melt.  With these nice and cold temps, day time highs not touching 30's should be really good!  Its ice making time!!!!   

Photo, that sounds like a good deal pick it up!!! 

blablablablabla

« Reply #560 on: December 07, 2009, 01:56:51 PM »
No way... Not quite yet for ice Fishie. Not in mn.

it really depends where you go...... protected back bays are solid.  I'll start in shallow back waters first.   :)

no worries....... ..blablablabla blabla ain't steppn on ice til the fat whiteman is on the ice and fishn, than the fat blablablablabl a will follow making sure he not fall in.   O0

we ain't crazy, we just passionate! 

ricqik

« Reply #561 on: December 07, 2009, 10:58:50 PM »
a coworker told me url got some good ice that people r icing already. he was talking about a guy showing pics of some nice slabs.

Photocycle

« Reply #562 on: December 08, 2009, 09:38:42 AM »
Gettin antsy now... took out the auger last night, i still had gasoline in it from last season lol!... emptied it and tried starting it to see if it would - nada... gotta go get some oil/gas mix later and refill that bish. I hope I can get it starting soon. Started charging the vexilar too... just want to get my ice suit and i'll be set for ice fishing.

blablablablabla

« Reply #563 on: December 08, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »
bring it on!  I'm waiting for my new auger to get here (3-5weeks) they said.......... . :'(  At the same time I'm hoping for ice and ice quickly!  Photo, u fish Rush early ice??? 

My favorite Ice lake in the Metro is Peltier.  Bull Gills, Slab Crappies and Monster Pike!!!!
Favorite Catfish and Walleye Lake, Horseshoe Chain
Crappies in numbers not size, Independance.. ....
Favorite first Ice lake, Butch's Bay-Somewhere in WI......  ;)
Favorite body of water when I don't have time, St.Croix  :) 

Photo, whats your work schedule like on weekdays? 

Photocycle

« Reply #564 on: December 09, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »
bring it on!  I'm waiting for my new auger to get here (3-5weeks) they said.......... . :'(  At the same time I'm hoping for ice and ice quickly!  Photo, u fish Rush early ice??? 

My favorite Ice lake in the Metro is Peltier.  Bull Gills, Slab Crappies and Monster Pike!!!!
Favorite Catfish and Walleye Lake, Horseshoe Chain
Crappies in numbers not size, Independance.. ....
Favorite first Ice lake, Butch's Bay-Somewhere in WI......  ;)
Favorite body of water when I don't have time, St.Croix  :) 

Photo, whats your work schedule like on weekdays? 

Damn, where did you get your auger from? That's quite some time for delivery... which auger did u get?

For ice fishing, I'm usually around the west metro lakes (medicine, tonka, waconia, etc)... I actually want to do the St. Croix again... I caught my biggest crappie ever there.

My schedule now a day is just the regular business 8-5ish.

Photocycle

« Reply #565 on: December 09, 2009, 09:35:18 PM »
oh... and craps.. I just picked up the Cabelas Advance underwater panning camera II.  :-X lol

I figure it'll be a good investment for the long run... can use it to see what type of fish (during ice fishing) and can use it to scope out structure during bass tourney season. The panning ability kicks arse! I'll let you guys know if its a good product or a shitty product. Cabelas first version of the panning camera got a lot of negative reviews due to quality control and manufacturing defects. This version 2 seems more robust.

ricqik

« Reply #566 on: December 09, 2009, 09:45:26 PM »
so there should be no reason for not winning a tourny nex yr, right?

Photocycle

« Reply #567 on: December 10, 2009, 12:09:17 AM »
so there should be no reason for not winning a tourny nex yr, right?

lol... no, I still have too many excuses!

blablablablabla

« Reply #568 on: December 10, 2009, 07:18:01 AM »
Photo, i've bought 3 cameras within the last 5 years and they all seem to crap out on me.  So no more cameras, I guess I just have bad luck with them.  I also had the same problem with augers.  This year I bought a Nils Master, it uses a Tanaka powerhead not that Tecumseh crap.  Its about 22lbs and drills very fast and I mean FAST!  Tired of lugging around heavy crap and popping 3 holes and resting for 20minutes.  I do have a stikemaster that i've been sporting for the last 4 years.  St.Croix is a hit or miss but its not impossible to get a limit (25) of 12-14inch crappies.  Photo with your SI and Camera you should have no excuse on winning atleast two tx next year!  :)  

don't ask how much it cost, but I got a great deal on it  :'(  I couldn't find a Nils locally so I had to order.  I've been wanting one of these for the last 3 years.  These have been used in Sweden for a really long time before they brought into the US market.

Rick, what have you been up to??  WE going ice fishin right??  ;)

you guys should hit up peltier with me, you'd be surprised with the fish that peltier kicks out during ice.   :)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 07:25:45 AM by blablablablabla »

Photocycle

« Reply #569 on: December 10, 2009, 08:28:09 AM »
Photo, i've bought 3 cameras within the last 5 years and they all seem to crap out on me.  So no more cameras, I guess I just have bad luck with them.

Damn it Will.. you're making me nervous... what do you mean having bad luck with 3 cameras in the past years? Bad luck as in the view/clarity was complete crap and useless? Or meaning they kept breaking down on you?

And augers... how did yours keep breaking down on ya?

Advertisements