Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485816 times)

ricqik

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #570 on: December 10, 2009, 09:23:12 AM »
i'll let u know when i find my things

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

blablablablabla

« Reply #571 on: December 10, 2009, 11:30:02 AM »

Damn it Will.. you're making me nervous... what do you mean having bad luck with 3 cameras in the past years? Bad luck as in the view/clarity was complete crap and useless? Or meaning they kept breaking down on you?

And augers... how did yours keep breaking down on ya?

Jason, I bought a Marcum, Atlantis and AquaVu.  They all went out on me in 4months.  I guess I just have bad luck with them.  My aquavu and atlantis I bought new maybe something in the cable because of how they are wound on the camera somehow causes a bad connection with time.  I rarely even used them and they went  on me so I'm not sure, maybe I'm just bad luck.  

As for the augers I've owned 2 Jiffys, 2 Eskimo and 3 Strikemasters, All 6 of them were Christmas gifts.  

Jiffy's STX (yellow-the big heavy one and their most expensive)  never ran right from the beginning.  It took me 10 minutes to drill 1.5 holes, hows that for reliability.  After 5minutes of trying to get the thing started you don't have enough energy to drill holes because of the torque on those things.  I've contacted Jiffy numerous times about the issue, they suggested adjusting the jets-that didn't work out either I wasn't going to drop money to sending them back to the Company for work.  (fuel/air mixture too rich from the company and the Tecumseh 3horse motors just plain suck)

Eskimo's Z71 (3.x horse, big and heavy and their most expensive) never ran right either from the beggining.  Eskimos shields and parts are also made of cheap plastic and are prone to breaking.  (Ardisam motors sucked too, It would run for a bit and die than I couldn't get it to start)   

Strikemaster changed their handle design to plastic, well that broke on the lake, I don't know how but it broke.  (maybe the cold weather and slight dropping it)  My old Strikemaster Lazermag is flawless though.  I've put so much money into it I can't get rid of it.  After a tuneup she fires up every time and runs like a top.  

I guess I just have bad luck.   >:(  Hopefully with this new auger things will work out right for me.   :)

I've got a Aqua Vu that I think needs a new camera and cable if you want.  Its brand new, maybe an hour of use if even.   :) 

« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 11:36:05 AM by blablablablabla »

Photocycle

« Reply #572 on: December 10, 2009, 11:59:46 AM »
Jason, I bought a Marcum, Atlantis and AquaVu.  They all went out on me in 4months.  I guess I just have bad luck with them.  My aquavu and atlantis I bought new maybe something in the cable because of how they are wound on the camera somehow causes a bad connection with time.  I rarely even used them and they went  on me so I'm not sure, maybe I'm just bad luck.  

As for the augers I've owned 2 Jiffys, 2 Eskimo and 3 Strikemasters, All 6 of them were Christmas gifts.  

Jiffy's STX (yellow-the big heavy one and their most expensive)  never ran right from the beginning.  It took me 10 minutes to drill 1.5 holes, hows that for reliability.  After 5minutes of trying to get the thing started you don't have enough energy to drill holes because of the torque on those things.  I've contacted Jiffy numerous times about the issue, they suggested adjusting the jets-that didn't work out either I wasn't going to drop money to sending them back to the Company for work.  (fuel/air mixture too rich from the company and the Tecumseh 3horse motors just plain suck)

Eskimo's Z71 (3.x horse, big and heavy and their most expensive) never ran right either from the beggining.  Eskimos shields and parts are also made of cheap plastic and are prone to breaking.  (Ardisam motors sucked too, It would run for a bit and die than I couldn't get it to start)  

Strikemaster changed their handle design to plastic, well that broke on the lake, I don't know how but it broke.  (maybe the cold weather and slight dropping it)  My old Strikemaster Lazermag is flawless though.  I've put so much money into it I can't get rid of it.  After a tuneup she fires up every time and runs like a top.  

I guess I just have bad luck.   >:(  Hopefully with this new auger things will work out right for me.   :)

I've got a Aqua Vu that I think needs a new camera and cable if you want.  Its brand new, maybe an hour of use if even.   :)  

Damn... sorry to hear about the bad luck. I'm a little nervous that the camera may just be one of those items that you use 1-3 times then chuck away in storage for the next 5 years. Was that the case for you? (aside from them breaking)... if they worked flawlessly, would u still be using them till this day?

I'm guessing the video quality/clearness/distance is the determining factor in whether it stays as a practical tool or not...

Oh and yeah, my strikemaster mag 2000 i dropped last year and one of the plastic handles snapped off too... grrrrr... but that's nothing ducktape can't fix.. lol

blablablablabla

« Reply #573 on: December 10, 2009, 12:17:50 PM »

Damn... sorry to hear about the bad luck. I'm a little nervous that the camera may just be one of those items that you use 1-3 times then chuck away in storage for the next 5 years. Was that the case for you? (aside from them breaking)... if they worked flawlessly, would u still be using them till this day?

I'm guessing the video quality/clearness/distance is the determining factor in whether it stays as a practical tool or not...

Oh and yeah, my strikemaster mag 2000 i dropped last year and one of the plastic handles snapped off too... grrrrr... but that's nothing ducktape can't fix.. lol

I would still be using the camera now but I could care less about it now because It just takes me away from my fishing time.   You'll find it that you'll use it less and less unless you are searching for something in particular to fish.  ;D  A camera will work good til the water you fish is all murky than you can't see nothing.  The camera works great on Minnetonka though :)  To me its just one less thing to lug around while on the ice.  If your handles broke, call strikemaster it should still be under warranty but why they changed to plastic is really fkn stupid!  Sometimes you get careless with equipment you know!  ;D 

Photocycle

« Reply #574 on: December 10, 2009, 12:28:56 PM »
I would still be using the camera now but I could care less about it now because It just takes me away from my fishing time.   You'll find it that you'll use it less and less unless you are searching for something in particular to fish.  ;D  A camera will work good til the water you fish is all murky than you can't see nothing.  The camera works great on Minnetonka though :)  To me its just one less thing to lug around while on the ice.  If your handles broke, call strikemaster it should still be under warranty but why they changed to plastic is really fkn stupid!  Sometimes you get careless with equipment you know!  ;D 

Well I really pushed for a camera this season because we've had too many unsuccessful ice fishing trips -- where we'd find a ton of activity with our flashers and fish for hours only to catch nothing or just a single crappie/perch. With the camera, hopefully it can help eliminate those wasted times by scoping out what the actual fish are and if they seem active or not. My luck with walleyes has been pretty low over the past few years too -- hopefully the camera can help us target active walleyes.

Prior to this my only experience with an underwater camera was on boat... a buddy bought it and we used it a few times then it was just simply too much work and not practical for every day fishing (off a boat) so he returned it.

The 1 year warranty is already up on my strikemaster. There's a handle bar assembly I can purchase for close to $40 bucks but eh.. i just dont want to deal with it. Gonna try superglue and duck tape first.  :-\

blablablablabla

« Reply #575 on: December 10, 2009, 12:32:50 PM »
Well I really pushed for a camera this season because we've had too many unsuccessful ice fishing trips -- where we'd find a ton of activity with our flashers and fish for hours only to catch nothing or just a single crappie/perch. With the camera, hopefully it can help eliminate those wasted times by scoping out what the actual fish are and if they seem active or not. My luck with walleyes has been pretty low over the past few years too -- hopefully the camera can help us target active walleyes.

Prior to this my only experience with an underwater camera was on boat... a buddy bought it and we used it a few times then it was just simply too much work and not practical for every day fishing (off a boat) so he returned it.

The 1 year warranty is already up on my strikemaster. There's a handle bar assembly I can purchase for close to $40 bucks but eh.. i just dont want to deal with it. Gonna try superglue and duck tape first.  :-\

Don't use superglue.  Use JB Weld, that s hit works wonders (not the 24hour cure).  Whenever I target walleyes in the metro, I'm crappie fishing  ;)  and someone has  a tip-up with a big fatty, shiner or sucker.  During Ice I don't even care to chase walleyes its too boring, unless you have beer and a ton of guys going.   ;D  You ever fish cats through the ice?  Its a blast!  I'll be heading up there this winter, if you want to tag along.   

Photocycle

« Reply #576 on: December 10, 2009, 12:45:59 PM »
You ever fish cats through the ice?  Its a blast!  I'll be heading up there this winter, if you want to tag along.   

I'm interested... you wanna give me details when you have something planned out?

blablablablabla

« Reply #577 on: December 10, 2009, 01:49:15 PM »

I'm interested... you wanna give me details when you have something planned out?

for sure I will let you know.

ricqik

« Reply #578 on: December 10, 2009, 08:14:28 PM »
with them camera's, u're gonna find out just how many fish comes by ur bait without biting. I watched fish after fish go by n the amount of sunnies r horrendous. i bought an aquavu way back when it first came out. lasted one winter season, the camera cord wires unpinched where the camer n the wire meets, sounds like it's still a problem. have fun though.....

ricqik

« Reply #579 on: December 13, 2009, 07:01:46 PM »
damn, haven't gotten both my plaque from j4 yet ::)

blablablablabla

« Reply #580 on: December 14, 2009, 07:58:26 AM »
damn, haven't gotten both my plaque from j4 yet ::)

get on David's ass about it.    ;D 

DeceiversChick

« Reply #581 on: December 15, 2009, 11:15:33 PM »
It's been awhile that i've been in here....  :)

ricqik

« Reply #582 on: December 16, 2009, 08:26:06 PM »
It's been awhile that i've been in here....  :)
u just don't like us anymore, do u even visit hbc site or was it just for access to the latest hbc dirt

ricqik

« Reply #583 on: December 18, 2009, 11:48:41 AM »
Damn, just caught a state record early this morning just before 6am, 9lbs 12oz. omfg, i couldn't believe it. gawd damn. i'm so excited.

blablablablabla

« Reply #584 on: December 18, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »
and than you woke up?   ;D  where??

Advertisements