Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485852 times)

blablablablabla

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #615 on: January 13, 2010, 08:22:13 AM »
whatchu doing over there in earthquake land

visiting family. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Photocycle

« Reply #616 on: January 13, 2010, 09:34:16 AM »
visiting family. 

I hope you brought a fishing pole...

fish4keep

« Reply #617 on: January 13, 2010, 12:33:13 PM »
Overcast skies and a little mist in the air, I just had to sneak out of the house for a little swimbait session.  Left the 6" weedless Hudd at home since the last one on it didn't stick. This morning took out the ROF 5 8" trout Hudd back to the local park.  Only focus one part of the park where I lost the one the other day.  After throwing it for ~45 mins, I was going to call it quits.  A couple more cast and Hudd stopped in its track.  I thought it was just a hang up but it started twitching.  Swung for the sky, and saw my line coming up the the surface.  Breaking the surface was my Hudd and attached to it was a decent size bass.  After a few, jumps and tug, I finally got my first 2010 bass.  Not the biggest but a good bass to break in the New Year.  Got some Mexs looking and awwwing when I put it back..... ;D ;D ;D

ricqik

« Reply #618 on: January 13, 2010, 01:50:11 PM »
Overcast skies and a little mist in the air, I just had to sneak out of the house for a little swimbait session.  Left the 6" weedless Hudd at home since the last one on it didn't stick. This morning took out the ROF 5 8" trout Hudd back to the local park.  Only focus one part of the park where I lost the one the other day.  After throwing it for ~45 mins, I was going to call it quits.  A couple more cast and Hudd stopped in its track.  I thought it was just a hang up but it started twitching.  Swung for the sky, and saw my line coming up the the surface.  Breaking the surface was my Hudd and attached to it was a decent size bass.  After a few, jumps and tug, I finally got my first 2010 bass.  Not the biggest but a good bass to break in the New Year.  Got some Mexs looking and awwwing when I put it back..... ;D ;D ;D

nice,, what......... 4-5lbs?

ricqik

« Reply #619 on: January 13, 2010, 07:19:54 PM »
Here's an old short little vid I took when we were doing the tourney...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photocycle/3812539127/
so who was the one flying full trim off to the right

fish4keep

« Reply #620 on: January 13, 2010, 08:37:26 PM »
nice,, what......... 4-5lbs?

Somewhere around there.  I didn't bring my scale w/ me.  All I took out was my sb outfit and the Hudd.....

ricqik

« Reply #621 on: January 13, 2010, 09:58:35 PM »
Somewhere around there.  I didn't bring my scale w/ me.  All I took out was my sb outfit and the Hudd.....
hey, u fish bass often?

fish4keep

« Reply #622 on: January 13, 2010, 10:05:41 PM »
hey, u fish bass often?
As much as I can.  But we don't have 10,000 lakes like you guys.  We have city parks, some with ponds. Also these fish here are heavily pressured since there aren't much places to fish.   The lakes we do have takes atleast an hour to get to and shore fishing for bass is very limited. 

ricqik

« Reply #623 on: January 13, 2010, 10:16:02 PM »
damn, make me feel great to have so much access to many lakes. u got a boat or plan to get one?

Photocycle

« Reply #624 on: January 14, 2010, 10:25:34 AM »
so who was the one flying full trim off to the right

hehe I think that was Peter?

fish4keep

« Reply #625 on: January 14, 2010, 12:49:45 PM »
damn, make me feel great to have so much access to many lakes. u got a boat or plan to get one?

I had an ocean boat,  97' 1802 Bayliner Troph Cabin.  Sold it 1.5 years ago, the day after my son was born.  Not looking for one any time soon but if I was, I'll probably just get a small one since storage is very limited.  I had to store my ex-boat at a storage for $120/mnth.  It was $$$ out the door.

tokio

« Reply #626 on: January 15, 2010, 10:56:10 AM »
what rod where you throwing that huddleston on?

fish4keep

« Reply #627 on: January 15, 2010, 01:27:51 PM »
what rod where you throwing that huddleston on?

I don't have a true sb rod since I can't commit to throwing them all day.  So I use my Chronarch/7'6" H Crucial flipping stick to throw my ROF 5, 8" Hudd.  And for the ROF 5, 6" Hudd, I use my Curado/7'2" MH Cumara. 

tokio

« Reply #628 on: January 16, 2010, 01:02:12 PM »
I don't have a true sb rod since I can't commit to throwing them all day.  So I use my Chronarch/7'6" H Crucial flipping stick to throw my ROF 5, 8" Hudd.  And for the ROF 5, 6" Hudd, I use my Curado/7'2" MH Cumara. 

really?  damn that rod is not even rated high enough to throw that big of a lure.  does it still cast alright?

fish4keep

« Reply #629 on: January 16, 2010, 04:58:25 PM »
really?  damn that rod is not even rated high enough to throw that big of a lure.  does it still cast alright?

Yeah, it's not rated high enough for the sb but I could cast it okay.  Haven't had any problem with it yet throwing the 8" Hudd and 6" wooden punker.  Now if it was like a 8" BBZ than, I'll most likely have problem casting it.....

Advertisements