Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485838 times)

ricqik

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #630 on: January 16, 2010, 05:42:07 PM »
if it's too heavy, just throw it with ur hand

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

URhmong

« Reply #631 on: January 17, 2010, 12:58:39 AM »
Just want to share my success for my very first bass in 010.  I caught it today and I only went out there because I was reading them bass magazine and they had a time clock and showed me the perfect time to fish for bass.  Looks like all this week is a good time for this month because of the moon.  Perhaps such time clock is true because I caught my 5 limit today with the biggest at almost 7lbs. 

Winter bass in the river system is that difficult to catch but yet, I'm able to catch my limit.  Only if it was for tourney, yes I know.   All my catches look to me like females getting ready for the spring time spawning season.  All were released but I know where they are now when tourney is around the corner. 

In sept, congrats to San Jose State fishing club for taking first place. 

Photocycle

« Reply #632 on: January 17, 2010, 11:34:15 AM »
Just want to share my success for my very first bass in 010.  I caught it today and I only went out there because I was reading them bass magazine and they had a time clock and showed me the perfect time to fish for bass.  Looks like all this week is a good time for this month because of the moon.  Perhaps such time clock is true because I caught my 5 limit today with the biggest at almost 7lbs. 

Winter bass in the river system is that difficult to catch but yet, I'm able to catch my limit.  Only if it was for tourney, yes I know.   All my catches look to me like females getting ready for the spring time spawning season.  All were released but I know where they are now when tourney is around the corner. 

In sept, congrats to San Jose State fishing club for taking first place. 

What the heck... no pix?  >:(

fish4keep

« Reply #633 on: January 18, 2010, 04:36:46 PM »

URhmong

« Reply #634 on: January 19, 2010, 01:58:59 AM »
why do you need to see pix?  Do you not know what a lunker is when you see one? 

You see one, you see them all.  Unless it goes past the 15lbers category then that, we need pix.

Went out again today and the water condition changes.  HIgh winds, raining and cold and both bait shops in the area closes due to the bad weather but we fished on.  Caught nothing.  LOL

Photocycle

« Reply #635 on: January 20, 2010, 07:32:24 AM »
why do you need to see pix?  Do you not know what a lunker is when you see one? 

Cuz it helps put some evidence to ur story & it's like reading a book with no pictures.  :-[

blablablablabla

« Reply #636 on: January 20, 2010, 08:38:16 AM »
I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D 

only thing missing was dragging my boat and gear behind the rental in Cali.   :( 

ricqik

« Reply #637 on: January 20, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »
did u even fish while u're there?

URhmong

« Reply #638 on: January 20, 2010, 06:35:55 PM »

Cuz it helps put some evidence to ur story & it's like reading a book with no pictures.  :-[

I don't have to lie to kick it.  If I want to lie, I wouldn't make my lunker at no 7lbers.  I would make her in the double digits category. 

Fishermen don't want to hear an average looking story.  They all want to hear and see, with pix of them extra ordinary fishing stories.  My story wasn't that extra ordinary unless I say that I caught limit while everyone else suffer at zero catch of the day.  That I would provide pictures. 

It has been raining and windy as heck here in cali.  So much wind that them bait stores are closing their businesses until the end of the week.  Time to prep up and can't wait for the spring time bass spawning run.  We are talking about average 5lbers lunker and anybody with a fake bait and a good spawning area will catch them.  Advance fishermen can see them by the banks and can pick and choose their size limit like how they go hunting for elks and deers.  Pick and choose wisely and always care about your catch because they are your future if you want to continue to catch more quality fish. 

fish4keep

« Reply #639 on: January 20, 2010, 08:48:46 PM »
This is just me but when I read a fishing report/post, I like to see pix.  We all know what a lmb, striper, catfish, bluegill, crappie, etc., etc. looks like but having picture/s make the post more enjoyable.  It's not to show whether your report is true or not.   

I too can't wait for the spawning season.  I know some of you probably frown upon bed fishing and think it's easy but it's not always the case.  The male, yes.  But the female, is another story....

tokio

« Reply #640 on: January 20, 2010, 11:00:55 PM »
So what do you guys think of this guys picture?

I was on the tackletour website and people were giving him shit about why he blacks out the background where he caught this lunker.  After reading his thread, it seems he doesnt want people to know where he fishes thats why he blacks-out the background.  Would you guys also black out the background like he did to save your "secret spot"?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 11:15:28 PM by tokio »

tokio

« Reply #641 on: January 20, 2010, 11:14:14 PM »
Personally I think its pretty dumb to post pictures like that.  Whats the use of posting, if you fear that people will "pressure" the lake if they find out where it is.

ricqik

« Reply #642 on: January 21, 2010, 12:37:25 AM »
uhm, turn ur back to a diff bkgnd or have the cam guys squat so the bkgnd is the sky. so many ways. squiggling or blacking out reduces credibility, imo. for all we know, it could be a farm raised fish n he blacked out the tank or hatchery in the bckgnd. too much too speculate on.

blablablablabla

« Reply #643 on: January 21, 2010, 08:14:29 AM »
did u even fish while u're there?

didn't get a chance to fish wish I did though-partied it up a bit, went shopping, looked at rods in a different market and new things we can't get up in the midwest.  Picked up some punch craws, kind of expensive but worth a shot.  Also picked up some plastics, almost bought a few rods but didn't want to hassle with shipping it back or put on the plane back.  Looked at Lamiglas, Powell, Dobyns and etc.

fish4keep

« Reply #644 on: January 21, 2010, 12:18:33 PM »
I saw that post too Tokio.  I understand his reasonings. I live in SoCal and have seen first hand how a good report could kill a spot. I know, if it's such a secret spot why post it.  To each his own.  I too have done it before (long long ago) but I don't do that anymore.  Instead I do what's in the pic below.   ;D This way it doesn't have a dull/boring background.  The blackout background kills the pic.  With distorts; the pic still have it's natural colors, it doesn't kill the pic, the pic still look okay, and still hide the background.  This is only done when I'm fishing on shore.  When I fish on a boat, than distortion is not necessary.

Here's the original.  If you surf fish in SoCal, you'll most likely know that the oil island (in the background) is in Long Beach.  Upon inspection, you'll know that the oil island is not that far out from the surf.  There is only one oil island that's not too far off the surf. 

Sometime you don't think before taking the pix and just want to get a few pix so you could get the fish back in the water asap.  You don't think about camera angles to hide the background until you get home and look at the pix.

PS. That pic was taken last year in spring, 38" halibut ~20lbs on a live smelt in ~4' of water on 8lb Trilene Big Game......

Advertisements