Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485812 times)

tokio

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #645 on: January 21, 2010, 03:11:07 PM »
I see you point man.  Didnt know it was that competitive in Cali.  I bet your lakes are "swimbaited" to death because it seems like everyone over there is throwing them  :).

Yeah, but it was just weird for me to see pics like that posted up...kinda like WTF?  Man where I'm from, even if I told you the exact spot and the exact bait, it doesnt mean you gonna catch fish  :P.  Here today, gone the next.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

ricqik

« Reply #646 on: January 21, 2010, 04:03:35 PM »
yeah, i remember that swirl anywhere ;D

fish4keep

« Reply #647 on: January 21, 2010, 11:32:14 PM »
I see you point man.  Didnt know it was that competitive in Cali.  I bet your lakes are "swimbaited" to death because it seems like everyone over there is throwing them  :).

Yeah, but it was just weird for me to see pics like that posted up...kinda like WTF?  Man where I'm from, even if I told you the exact spot and the exact bait, it doesnt mean you gonna catch fish  :P.  Here today, gone the next.

It's not competitive but probably more pressure since there are less places to fish, beside the "big pond". It's most likely true that once the fish is release it's going else where and what you caught it today wont work tomorrow.  I think most people don't mind sharing with those who CPR but there are alot of ppl who doesn't believe in CPR and keeps anything.  It is weird seeing a pics background get blackout for the first time.  But it's not that unusual to see those kind of pix in SoCal fishing forums.  I don't know why he would blackout the background on that pic which was on TT.  I would understand if it was a local forum but TT is an international forum.

Swimbaits are very popular in CA.  Since CA stock the lakes with trouts these bass (largemouth and striper) have grown accustom to eating trouts.  Although some people throw swimbait year round, the majority only throws them in the winter time when the lakes get stock.  I'm a seasonal swimbait thrower, winter through spring. 

blablablablabla

« Reply #648 on: January 22, 2010, 07:19:30 AM »
Jason, have you seen the lakemaster/hb capability?? 

It is awesome!!  Better detail than Low/Lakemaster!  Lakemaster/HB chip going for $120.  Looks like I have a lowrance unit for sale.   ;D

Jason are you running AS Interlink between your units??  I setup one up for a co-worker 997/757, it had lots of problems.  Do you have any problems with yours??? 

Photocycle

« Reply #649 on: January 22, 2010, 07:56:58 AM »
Jason, have you seen the lakemaster/hb capability?? 

It is awesome!!  Better detail than Low/Lakemaster!  Lakemaster/HB chip going for $120.  Looks like I have a lowrance unit for sale.   ;D

Jason are you running AS Interlink between your units??  I setup one up for a co-worker 997/757, it had lots of problems.  Do you have any problems with yours??? 

Yeah i was looking at the new lakemaster HB chips... they look great but damn... $120.. i'll have to hold off as I already spent enough change on tackle/parts.

No I havent ran the interlink yet.. was thinking about setting that up... did u guys just get the interlink cable to do it or is there more components to that? I think the cable is just 30 bucks or somethin right?

blablablablabla

« Reply #650 on: January 22, 2010, 10:46:19 AM »

Yeah i was looking at the new lakemaster HB chips... they look great but damn... $120.. i'll have to hold off as I already spent enough change on tackle/parts.

No I havent ran the interlink yet.. was thinking about setting that up... did u guys just get the interlink cable to do it or is there more components to that? I think the cable is just 30 bucks or somethin right?

interlink comes with everything if i remember correctly. 

Photocycle

« Reply #651 on: January 22, 2010, 11:45:08 AM »
.. and damn.. just picked up last year's Quantum Accurist (Lefty) reel for $53 bucks brand new. I don't know what to do with it... don't feel like spending another $100 for a rod... *sigh*  :-[

Photocycle

« Reply #652 on: January 23, 2010, 07:22:03 PM »
Picked up Skeet's 7' Tessera cranking rod ($67 dollas).... everyone's first thoughts are always, "too flimsy" but ends up loving it (in reviews)... Hopefully I feel the same. Picked up a good BPS Pro Qualifier reel with a gear ratio of 4.7.1 for it. Can't fuggin wait damn it...  >:(

blablablablabla

« Reply #653 on: January 25, 2010, 08:04:49 AM »
Picked up Skeet's 7' Tessera cranking rod ($67 dollas).... everyone's first thoughts are always, "too flimsy" but ends up loving it (in reviews)... Hopefully I feel the same. Picked up a good BPS Pro Qualifier reel with a gear ratio of 4.7.1 for it. Can't fuggin wait damn it...  >:(

not bad. 

Photocycle

« Reply #654 on: January 25, 2010, 10:53:36 AM »
Will, is your unit at the bow a humminbird or a lowrance? If it's a bird, which trolling-motor transducer do ya got hooked up to it?

blablablablabla

« Reply #655 on: January 25, 2010, 11:44:54 AM »
Will, is your unit at the bow a humminbird or a lowrance? If it's a bird, which trolling-motor transducer do ya got hooked up to it?

low.  522i

r u running SI up front?  Which ever unit u r running, get the puck unless its SI, get the ducer protector for it.  You don't want to be replacing that $200 ducer like me.....

blablablablabla

« Reply #656 on: January 25, 2010, 11:45:56 AM »
rick u get out ice fishn yet? 

Photocycle

« Reply #657 on: January 25, 2010, 11:59:46 AM »
low.  522i

r u running SI up front?  Which ever unit u r running, get the puck unless its SI, get the ducer protector for it.  You don't want to be replacing that $200 ducer like me.....

lol.. nah, my unit upfront is a 787c2 (non-SI).. but has GPS with the regular features. I was thinking about getting the Quadra beam transducer for it - was wondering if you had any input on it. But Guess not since ur still wif lowrance.

How did you damage ur SI transducer?

Luther

« Reply #658 on: January 25, 2010, 01:38:24 PM »
Went down to the local WalMart the other night and they had the Abu Garcia Revo S on sale for $73!   Not bad considering that BPS sells them for $130.

:)

blablablablabla

« Reply #659 on: January 25, 2010, 02:15:04 PM »
lol.. nah, my unit upfront is a 787c2 (non-SI).. but has GPS with the regular features. I was thinking about getting the Quadra beam transducer for it - was wondering if you had any input on it. But Guess not since ur still wif lowrance.

How did you damage ur SI transducer?

Jason, if you think about it quadrabeam is only useful in deep water.  If you fish shallow like most of us do the quadrabeam isn't going to help much with the coverage area.  I think your better off running an 1197 on the bow with SI.   >:D  Or do what I do, turn the console unit around so I can look back from the bow for that special piece of laydown that is not visable to the naked eye.  I broke the ducer on pool4 prefish last year, I smacked a laydown that was inches below water.  That really made my day, while going back up river I kept wondering why it was 9xxft deep.  ;D  Lesson learned, you never want to break an SI ducer, especially if its a Lowrance one....$300+  ;D

Advertisements