Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485811 times)

ricqik

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #705 on: February 18, 2010, 03:50:47 PM »
just wacky 99% of the time

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Photocycle

« Reply #706 on: February 18, 2010, 05:03:21 PM »

My preference is usually Texas.

ricqik

« Reply #707 on: February 18, 2010, 05:19:29 PM »
there's probably no wrong way of fishing a senko but just wondering what's your favorite way of rigging it????  I've been trying the Neko rig but having limited success. 
i still say placement n presentation plays the biggest role in getting the bite, assuming u're using a bait for meant for it.

blablablablabla

« Reply #708 on: February 19, 2010, 07:48:51 AM »
I just pick a spot on the senko and hook it.  I dunno.   :D 

fish4keep

« Reply #709 on: February 19, 2010, 09:28:37 AM »

weightless?

ricqik

« Reply #710 on: February 19, 2010, 09:44:39 AM »
weightless?
yup, buy generic brand from ebay by the lbs, like 50lbs give or take. it's all placement n presentation after that.

ricqik

« Reply #711 on: February 19, 2010, 09:45:20 AM »
I just pick a spot on the senko and hook it.  I dunno.   :D 
i guess :D  just so happens to be in the middle ;D

Photocycle

« Reply #712 on: February 22, 2010, 03:17:28 PM »
Rick/Will... it sounds like they might be thinking about getting a tourney in WI to replace Peppin? Any thoughts? I would hate to spend the extra $$$ for a fishing license but if it happens it happens... :(

They also said Peppin is basically Marina fishing.... is that the secret? lol... is that what a lot of guys do? Just fish the Marinas where most bass are released to from tourneys prior?  :o

ricqik

« Reply #713 on: February 22, 2010, 07:19:48 PM »
anyone that fishes marina's all day during a tourney r weak. like enosey said, that's not fishing, that's fishing for c&r fish. it's weak if u can't catch fish that u have to spend all day in the marina where a 50+ boat tourny released 200+ legal sized fish. that's like fishing in a hatchery. no rules prohibiting where they can't fish but come on, that's just pathetic, especially in a marina that is basically closed off except for the navigation channel. if u're good, u'll catch ur fish out there, not in a marina that's basically stocked by a previous tourny.

jason, they said that bcuz last yr 3 hbc teams fished the marina all day. even still, with 200+ legal size fish in there, they didn't win. ;D there was a 50+ boat tourny the wknd b4, so they were trying to catch those released fish. competition is getting tough so people r resorting to the easy way out without having to work for it. if u can find the fish out there(aka khang bros), marina's don't stand a chance. my best advice is explore pepin/pool 4 more, there's plenty of winning spots out there. every yr, our prefish weight comes in at 20-24lbs. but fish don't always stay put or it gets pounded by prefishers so they're gone, but find a lot of spots n u will have more choices if one spot doesn't produce.

ricqik

« Reply #714 on: February 22, 2010, 07:20:22 PM »
if they put it in wi, it'll be weak, 12lbs to win ;D

Photocycle

« Reply #715 on: February 22, 2010, 07:50:10 PM »
hmmmm... yeah I don't see myself fishing in a Marina for 8 hours lol. I do need to do more exploring on pool 4. Last year we used up so much gas exploring down in pools 5 and 6. :(

Whatever it is... 2 more friggin months...  :'(

Photocycle

« Reply #716 on: February 23, 2010, 12:50:42 PM »
Neeeeeeed opeeeeeen waaaaaateeerrr rrrr!!! Watching the bassmaster classics really didn't help the urge. :(

ricqik

« Reply #717 on: February 23, 2010, 10:29:24 PM »
This year I get time to fish trophy bass lakes. No more tiny tourny bass lakes, muaj!!!!!!!

Photocycle

« Reply #718 on: February 24, 2010, 10:21:56 AM »
This year I get time to fish trophy bass lakes. No more tiny tourny bass lakes, muaj!!!!!!!

lol.. hopefully Rick's trophy-bass stories doesnt go like this:

So i caught an estimated 11lb bass today at my secret lake. I didn't have a camera with me so I brought the fish home and kept it in the sink then took a nap. When I woke up, the fish was gone - my parents ate it already. Oh well. If you don't believe me ask my cousin! etc etc etc etc etc etc...  ;D

ricqik

« Reply #719 on: February 24, 2010, 11:46:10 AM »
Of course, that's how stories become legends, lol

Advertisements