Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485866 times)

blablablablabla

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #975 on: April 12, 2010, 11:01:52 AM »
try stickbaits.   :) 

hidden falls, isn't there lots of rocks at the launch??  Maybe i'll sneak into there one of these days..... can you fly up and down that stretch of river? 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Photocycle

« Reply #976 on: April 12, 2010, 12:40:30 PM »
try stickbaits.   :) 

hidden falls, isn't there lots of rocks at the launch??  Maybe i'll sneak into there one of these days..... can you fly up and down that stretch of river? 

yes the shoreline can be rocky over on that stretch. haven't found much takers alongside ripraps yet. As far as flying up and down the river, I have gone up and down at 60mph... there is no posted speed limit but I don't go WOT for courtesy reasons since it can be kinda busy there sometimes.

Yeah I have bags of senkos I should have thrown but didn't feel like it lol...

ricqik

« Reply #977 on: April 12, 2010, 01:16:58 PM »
Just an fyi, though it's not posted, boating regulation says 40mph.

Photocycle

« Reply #978 on: April 12, 2010, 01:25:22 PM »
Just an fyi, though it's not posted, boating regulation says 40mph.

shiat!  :o

ummmm... it says 40mph specifically for pool 2? or all of mississippi? what about pool 4/5?

ricqik

« Reply #979 on: April 12, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »

shiat!  :o

ummmm... it says 40mph specifically for pool 2? or all of mississippi? what about pool 4/5?
k, maybe i'm off a little bit. each section is regulated per city ordinance, not by pool. so if u running all out 70+ in dowtown st. paul but when u hit certain stretch of river in another city, the regulation changes. it's confusing as f... what i found shocking is i used to launch under the 35w bridge n flew that section of the mn river 30-40mph, come to find out it's a 8mph limit. shocker isn't it. ;D

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/regulations/boatwater/local_regs.pdf

Photocycle

« Reply #980 on: April 12, 2010, 10:46:45 PM »
^eh.... thats stupid, and they don't post up the rules sometimes either... hell, I might just print this out and carry it on the boat when in doubt.

blablablablabla

« Reply #981 on: April 13, 2010, 06:32:07 AM »
^eh.... thats stupid, and they don't post up the rules sometimes either... hell, I might just print this out and carry it on the boat when in doubt.

or do what I do.  Play DUMBASS, um I didn't know officer, there were no signs at the launch??   ;D 

Photocycle

« Reply #982 on: April 13, 2010, 08:34:24 AM »
or do what I do.  Play DUMBASS, um I didn't know officer, there were no signs at the launch??   ;D 

Tried that before... with my luck, it never works. Unless I start to speak in broken engrish....

blablablablabla

« Reply #983 on: April 13, 2010, 08:40:26 AM »
 ;D

ricqik

« Reply #984 on: April 13, 2010, 09:20:12 AM »
That's how cities make money, set up diff regulation for their body even though it's the same river. Can u imagine a if a lake that borders multiple cities, each having a diff speed limit on each section of tje lake. Yeah it's stupid.

Photocycle

« Reply #985 on: April 14, 2010, 01:50:24 PM »
Riq, Blah... when you guys gonna prefish wabasha?

Photocycle

« Reply #986 on: April 14, 2010, 02:18:54 PM »
and damn it riq... I seriously think you guys need to do the BFL or weekend bassmaster series:

Only=17" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.abaproam.com/BWS_Division2010.php?DivisionNumber Only=17

ricqik

« Reply #987 on: April 14, 2010, 04:20:22 PM »
That's right, 50hp too much. Can't do any bass affiliated tourny bcuz of that.  We're doing the may 8 bcuz it's not part of hbc. It for the tonka classic.

clumzy31

« Reply #988 on: April 14, 2010, 08:27:04 PM »
hey just wondering if you guys gotta cheap sonar for my us2 trolling motor.  my little cheap one went out and now i need another one for the jon boat.  let me know what ya have...

(i should of put this in forsale fourm but i figure you guys would look here first.)

ricqik

« Reply #989 on: April 14, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »
and damn it riq... I seriously think you guys need to do the BFL or weekend bassmaster series:

Only=17" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.abaproam.com/BWS_Division2010.php?DivisionNumber Only=17
n dude, y u make it sound like i'm so good...... i'm only hmong......ya know.... :D

Advertisements