Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485841 times)

Photocycle

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1080 on: May 05, 2010, 01:43:59 PM »
Ricqik,  Get out of my hole! 

LOL that didn't sound right... LOOOL  ;D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Photocycle

« Reply #1081 on: May 05, 2010, 08:31:02 PM »
Will.... got my humminbird 787c2 back from the repair service... wow, I tested it earlier and no fuggin interference!!! Can't wait to test it out on the water... they said a few parts were bad on the circuit board.. all replaced. Just installed the Interlink too... so far so good. Just need to go test it on the water.

Any of you going to wabasha Friday? 90% chance I'll be there.

blablablablabla

« Reply #1082 on: May 06, 2010, 07:45:20 AM »
Will.... got my humminbird 787c2 back from the repair service... wow, I tested it earlier and no fuggin interference!!! Can't wait to test it out on the water... they said a few parts were bad on the circuit board.. all replaced. Just installed the Interlink too... so far so good. Just need to go test it on the water.

Any of you going to wabasha Friday? 90% chance I'll be there.

I won't be out there!  If you fish it, Good Luck and fish hard!!!  Are you fishing the Qualifier? 

How much did the repair cost???  Its great to hear that HB resolved the issue, but you'll have to wait to test on the water with Interlink!!!!!  Now if I can only find me a 957!!!! 

Photocycle

« Reply #1083 on: May 06, 2010, 09:17:44 AM »
I won't be out there!  If you fish it, Good Luck and fish hard!!!  Are you fishing the Qualifier? 

How much did the repair cost???  Its great to hear that HB resolved the issue, but you'll have to wait to test on the water with Interlink!!!!!  Now if I can only find me a 957!!!! 

Yeah I'll be fishing the tourney this saturday... are you not gonna be there? WTF!?

Dude, my 787c2 is like 2 years out of warranty lol... this is how it went down... so I kept calling Humminbird customer service, they kept sending me out the same old interference stuff to install again, so I was on bassboatcentra l asking some of the humminbird staff on there for help.. most suggested same crap over and over again -- so I found this guy name Eddie on another forum. He's at Humminbird too, but more technical than most -- after exchanging a few emails with him on the history of my interference, he just said "I'll send you a free shipping label, please send in your 787c2 and I will inspect/repair it free of cost - the problem might be a bad resistor on the unit that's causing interference." I said why not right? it's free of cost... so I sent it in last week, they found some bad parts on the circuit board and replaced them all then Eddie overnight the unit back to me cuz I told him I have a tourney this Saturday. I hooked it up yesterday and now I believe in miracles! lol... no more interference.. . (real testing would have to be done on water)... when I had interference i can replicate the issue on/off water... didn't matter where, depth and interference lines would jump all over the place. It doesn't do that now.. it's rock solid!

If i were to send it into humminbird repair services on my own, I would have to pay shipping and the flat repair rate would have been over $150!!!!  :o

HAPPY HUMMINBIRD CUSTOMER HERE!  O0

Photocycle

« Reply #1084 on: May 06, 2010, 09:28:28 AM »
..oh and Will/RICK! you guys see Perry's 7lb 11oz monster on HBC's site?

Here it is:

blablablablabla

« Reply #1085 on: May 06, 2010, 10:11:46 AM »
Yeah I'll be fishing the tourney this saturday... are you not gonna be there? WTF!?

Dude, my 787c2 is like 2 years out of warranty lol... this is how it went down... so I kept calling Humminbird customer service, they kept sending me out the same old interference stuff to install again, so I was on bassboatcentra l asking some of the humminbird staff on there for help.. most suggested same crap over and over again -- so I found this guy name Eddie on another forum. He's at Humminbird too, but more technical than most -- after exchanging a few emails with him on the history of my interference, he just said "I'll send you a free shipping label, please send in your 787c2 and I will inspect/repair it free of cost - the problem might be a bad resistor on the unit that's causing interference." I said why not right? it's free of cost... so I sent it in last week, they found some bad parts on the circuit board and replaced them all then Eddie overnight the unit back to me cuz I told him I have a tourney this Saturday. I hooked it up yesterday and now I believe in miracles! lol... no more interference.. . (real testing would have to be done on water)... when I had interference i can replicate the issue on/off water... didn't matter where, depth and interference lines would jump all over the place. It doesn't do that now.. it's rock solid!

If i were to send it into humminbird repair services on my own, I would have to pay shipping and the flat repair rate would have been over $150!!!!  :o

HAPPY HUMMINBIRD CUSTOMER HERE!  O0

Good Stuff Brotha!!!!  I'm looking at purchasing a 998!  O0  Need to update my electronics!!  HB is good!!! I'm happy with mine!

Here it is:

Yeah I saw that, you know where it was caught??   ;D 

Photocycle

« Reply #1086 on: May 06, 2010, 10:59:34 AM »
Good Stuff Brotha!!!!  I'm looking at purchasing a 998!  O0  Need to update my electronics!!  HB is good!!! I'm happy with mine!

What? Don't  you already have a 997? geebus.. if I hate you if you get the 998 too LOL... I still dream of having an 1197 on console and my 997 at bow... *sigh*

Yeah I saw that, you know where it was caught??   ;D 

NO? TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE E! Chances are I can't catch it anyway... god has forbid me from winning tourneys!  ;D

ricqik

« Reply #1087 on: May 06, 2010, 01:41:17 PM »

Here it is:

o'shit, i know the spot

addisonlee

« Reply #1088 on: May 06, 2010, 03:32:41 PM »

Dymn that thing is a BEAST!!!  :o :o :o

Whats their website bro?  ???

Photocycle

« Reply #1089 on: May 06, 2010, 04:18:54 PM »
Whats their website bro?  ???

eh not much of a website, more less a newsgroup:

http://groups.google.com/group/hmong-bass-club

ricqik

« Reply #1090 on: May 06, 2010, 04:22:26 PM »
Gotta make time to go try to catch that thing

Photocycle

« Reply #1091 on: May 06, 2010, 04:40:14 PM »
Gotta make time to go try to catch that thing

u going out there tomorrow riq?

ricqik

« Reply #1092 on: May 06, 2010, 06:28:46 PM »
Prob mon or tues. Wrkn this wk. I switched schedule. Plus I'm not fishing this sat anyways.

Photocycle

« Reply #1093 on: May 06, 2010, 09:08:04 PM »
Prob mon or tues. Wrkn this wk. I switched schedule. Plus I'm not fishing this sat anyways.

WUT? i thought u guys are fishing the tourney this saturday????

ricqik

« Reply #1094 on: May 06, 2010, 10:20:10 PM »
That was the plan but unexpected work schedule conflict. Damn coworkers. In return, I get july 2 off instead of calling in,lol. This sat is not a biggy, it's just a qualifier, it's kind of a wash in $$$ wise considering the cost of gas for truck, boat, entree fee n practice cost. Better off saving that $350 anyways.

Advertisements