Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485812 times)

blablablablabla

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1125 on: May 11, 2010, 11:31:53 AM »
All u guys with your 225's and 300's!!  All i've got on mine is a 25.  DAMN U!   :2funny: 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Photocycle

« Reply #1126 on: May 11, 2010, 12:11:56 PM »
Yep, he said he wasn't getting past 60. Operater error, that's all.

wasn't trimming the motor up perhaps?

ricqik

« Reply #1127 on: May 11, 2010, 12:25:45 PM »
Phing was going off of the speedometer, lol

I simply checked his pad setting, prop, weight balance n ask what he's looking at for speed. He said speedo so I told him to run it n go by gps n voila..... ;D

Will, sorry bro, I'll try.

Photocycle

« Reply #1128 on: May 11, 2010, 12:30:59 PM »
Phing was going off of the speedometer, lol

I simply checked his pad setting, prop, weight balance n ask what he's looking at for speed. He said speedo so I told him to run it n go by gps n voila..... ;D

Ah.. I see I see.

Buddy just told me a bunch of his friends are thinking about coming up with mini Bass club... but strictly for boats under 150hp. They feel we have too much of an advantage with bigger/faster boats... I'm trying to convince him that the only advantage we get is getting to our spots faster, but that doesn't guarantee anything. Trying to find their website...

ricqik

« Reply #1129 on: May 11, 2010, 12:35:40 PM »
Power only matters during blast-off n running spots to spot for time sake. It's still up to the fish n angler after that.

Photocycle

« Reply #1130 on: May 11, 2010, 12:38:46 PM »
Power only matters during blast-off n running spots to spot for time sake. It's still up to the fish n angler after that.

I know.. i'm trying to tell them to come fish with us and or vice versa -- the more the merrier... higher payout. I'm guessing maybe some of them are sporting 14-16ft aluminum v-hull boats with 25-60hp only.... I guess it can be quite intimidating to be around 20-21ft bass boats with 200-300hp motors.  :-[ Hell.. i'd be.

Photocycle

« Reply #1131 on: May 11, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »
ah! here it is.. it's on Kindbeats.com. .. i just registered, come join me over here... thread here:

http://forum.kindbeats.com/index.php?topic=21301.0

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1132 on: May 11, 2010, 12:57:55 PM »
Guys...

that's me...

LOL

My point was....on the HBC Club...which I have fished...it is intimidating.. .I just keep coming back...but think about all the guys who come for one tourney and leave and never show up again...most of those guys are like me...we have slow deep v boats and we aren't that great of fishermen yet. It's pretty hard to compete against the top guys in the club.

blablablablabla

« Reply #1133 on: May 11, 2010, 01:13:23 PM »
Guys...

that's me...

LOL

My point was....on the HBC Club...which I have fished...it is intimidating.. .I just keep coming back...but think about all the guys who come for one tourney and leave and never show up again...most of those guys are like me...we have slow deep v boats and we aren't that great of fishermen yet. It's pretty hard to compete against the top guys in the club.

Jimmy,  HP doesn't matter but that's me.  As for the good spots there are many many good spots on a lake on any given day it all depends on how you fish it and if it is a community hole.  How about a 5 bass limit, I think that would be more competitive.   O0  I'd probably fish a few of these maybe just me by myself to test myself.   O0 

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1134 on: May 11, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »
Guys...

that's me...

LOL

And yes I still plan on fishing some HBC tournaments

blablablablabla

« Reply #1135 on: May 11, 2010, 01:17:19 PM »
post here when the first one comes up and what lake!   O0  If its Coon....hmm... i've got a few spots!   ;D 

Photocycle

« Reply #1136 on: May 11, 2010, 01:18:56 PM »
Jimmy... I feel... left out... would it count if i removed 2 plugs from my motor, decreasing the power significantly? lol

I see this has a great opportunity for a lot of new folks to tournament fishing... I'd like to fish these myself too but having the HP restriction makes me off limits.   :-[

Photocycle

« Reply #1137 on: May 11, 2010, 01:22:35 PM »
Most of the HBC top dawg guys win because they've been around the block on these lakes and rivers since the mid-late 90's...  

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1138 on: May 11, 2010, 01:23:30 PM »
Jimmy,  HP doesn't matter but that's me.  As for the good spots there are many many good spots on a lake on any given day it all depends on how you fish it and if it is a community hole.  How about a 5 bass limit, I think that would be more competitive.   O0  I'd probably fish a few of these maybe just me by myself to test myself.   O0  

I knew I would get rebuttal for the HP thing...but let me give you an example...

On HBC's Tonka Tourney last year there was some 25 boats I believe...We drew 7th to launch...Every boat heading up towards Crystal/maxwell...blew past us...when we finally did get close to the spots we wanted to fish and prefished...th ey were filled by the boats that past us...

Or another great example...the St. Croix...Launch ing from down south past Afton at the bluffs....any boat with 150 or less....and got to launch first....would lose in a race to any bass boat trying to get to the coveted largemouth spot up north...

but regardless.... it's just one simple requirement that won't have any effect on HBC...if Anything...it will bring more fishermen to HBC...

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1139 on: May 11, 2010, 01:24:47 PM »
Jimmy... I feel... left out... would it count if i removed 2 plugs from my motor, decreasing the power significantly? lol

I see this has a great opportunity for a lot of new folks to tournament fishing... I'd like to fish these myself too but having the HP restriction makes me off limits.   :-[

Which is what I am trying to do...Promote C&R Bass fishing to guys who want to but are hesitant to because they don't feel like they can compete

Advertisements