Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485841 times)

Gym -E- Lamm

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1140 on: May 11, 2010, 01:25:25 PM »
Most of the HBC top dawg guys win because they've been around the block on these lakes and rivers since the mid-late 90's... 

this is also true...and even if I wanted to follow them i couldn't keep up....LOL

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

blablablablabla

« Reply #1141 on: May 11, 2010, 01:27:57 PM »
I knew I would get rebuttal for the HP thing...but let me give you an example...

On HBC's Tonka Tourney last year there was some 25 boats I believe...We drew 7th to launch...Every boat heading up towards Crystal/maxwell...blew past us...when we finally did get close to the spots we wanted to fish and prefished...th ey were filled by the boats that past us...

Or another great example...the St. Croix...Launch ing from down south past Afton at the bluffs....any boat with 150 or less....and got to launch first....would lose in a race to any bass boat trying to get to the coveted largemouth spot up north...

but regardless.... it's just one simple requirement that won't have any effect on HBC...if Anything...it will bring more fishermen to HBC...

for example, STCROIX.....if I didn't lose 6 fish I would of placed 2nd following Rick!  :2funny:  HP will only restrict you if you share the same holes.  But whatever your rules are that works for me because I am below the 150 mark.   :2funny:  I'm up for it, let me know when!!!!!! 

blablablablabla

« Reply #1142 on: May 11, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »
Jason, maybe you and I can partner up or Rick and I.   O0 

Photocycle

« Reply #1143 on: May 11, 2010, 01:31:42 PM »
this is also true...and even if I wanted to follow them i couldn't keep up....LOL

My solution to that is... don't do big lakes and rivers... the contradiction with the HP limit would be... all the boats with 100-150hp would blow by the 30-90hp boats. There isn't really a fair way to do it.

Photocycle

« Reply #1144 on: May 11, 2010, 01:32:42 PM »
But whatever your rules are that works for me because I am below the 150 mark.   :2funny:  I'm up for it, let me know when!!!!!! 

Will... what happened to your 175hp merc???

Photocycle

« Reply #1145 on: May 11, 2010, 01:33:13 PM »
Jason, maybe you and I can partner up or Rick and I.   O0 

I'm game... i don't mind fishing it with you or Flyguy if he buys my old aluminum 17 footer bass tracker.

blablablablabla

« Reply #1146 on: May 11, 2010, 01:35:06 PM »
Will... what happened to your 175hp merc???

it never was a 175.   :2funny:  its more like a 35horse. 

blablablablabla

« Reply #1147 on: May 11, 2010, 01:35:42 PM »
Most of the HBC top dawg guys win because they've been around the block on these lakes and rivers since the mid-late 90's... 

thats true!  And now its our turn to catch up!  Slowly but surely!  O0 

Photocycle

« Reply #1148 on: May 11, 2010, 01:39:17 PM »
it never was a 175.   :2funny:  its more like a 35horse. 

did you sell your boat and pickup a small boat or something?

ricqik

« Reply #1149 on: May 11, 2010, 01:42:03 PM »
Waters that require travel will benefit big hp. But most lakes u can see across so does power really matter in that case? But jimmy, good ups for starting up a bass league. Don't think it's any lesser just bcuz of hp restriction. U see, I wanted to enter fom n such bigger circuits but can't, b.a.s.s. has a 250 limit, like a 300hp is gonna make a difference. Do post up some results, sound interesting.

But I do think in the future, u should lift that restriction. I hope that one day there will be more hmong bass circuits for us all to go around to pick n choose like how vball has.

ricqik

« Reply #1150 on: May 11, 2010, 01:45:53 PM »
Another thing y the hbc veterans win more is bcuz they know the waters. That comes with experience n time. Peeps always feel at a disadvantage but really, they're just not quite familiar with the water. Imo, of almost all hbc teams, I know the least, I just get lucky.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1151 on: May 11, 2010, 01:50:10 PM »
Again...I think it will be tons of fun and cheap too!

I'm sure at one point in HBC all the guys that fished it early on had some sort of comradarie where afterwards everyone sat back and talked about the day and what they caught em on...In my opinion and mine only...It just doesn't seem that way. To me...unless you were part of the original group that started HBC your just another boat who donates...but I mean I could be completely off. I talked to ric a few times and Ed always approaches me and welcomes me or makes some chit chat...and Enosey too....but for the most part we felt out of place...but again we just keep coming back...LOL

blablablablabla

« Reply #1152 on: May 11, 2010, 01:50:36 PM »
of almost all hbc teams, I know the least, I just get lucky.

TRUE DAT!!! Thats why we call em SLICKRICK!!!   :2funny:  

ricqik

« Reply #1153 on: May 11, 2010, 01:51:20 PM »
Comaring mine to will's, his is quick out of the hole, I took off first n a few second later he did too. He caught upat mid range. That's quick. Mine is a heavy mofo that needs momentum. ;D

blablablablabla

« Reply #1154 on: May 11, 2010, 01:52:01 PM »
Again...I think it will be tons of fun and cheap too!

I'm sure at one point in HBC all the guys that fished it early on had some sort of comradarie where afterwards everyone sat back and talked about the day and what they caught em on...In my opinion and mine only...It just doesn't seem that way. To me...unless you were part of the original group that started HBC your just another boat who donates...but I mean I could be completely off. I talked to ric a few times and Ed always approaches me and welcomes me or makes some chit chat...and Enosey too....but for the most part we felt out of place...but again we just keep coming back...LOL

u feel outa place! hahahhaa!  no one ever talks to me...they just want my money!   :2funny:

Advertisements