Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485807 times)

Photocycle

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1170 on: May 11, 2010, 02:23:18 PM »
What are the target lakes??  O0 

Per Jimmy's rules, I think they are going to do it where each angler will submit the lake they want and it'll be a random drawing. Jimmy, you should try to spice things up by "no prefish".... basically anglers will know about the lake the night before the tourney. (post it on the website)...   >:D

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

blablablablabla

« Reply #1171 on: May 11, 2010, 02:27:13 PM »

Per Jimmy's rules, I think they are going to do it where each angler will submit the lake they want and it'll be a random drawing. Jimmy, you should try to spice things up by "no prefish".... basically anglers will know about the lake the night before the tourney. (post it on the website)...   >:D

That would be awesome!!! hahahhaha!  O0  

so does that mean I can post my choices of lakes on here?   :D

Photocycle

« Reply #1172 on: May 11, 2010, 02:29:45 PM »
That would be awesome!!! hahahhaha!  O0 

so does that mean I can post my choices of lakes on here?   :D

Technically, yes. Rules say it has to be within 30 mins of the twin cities?

blablablablabla

« Reply #1173 on: May 11, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »
Coon
St.Croix
Pelican (wright co)
Big Marine
Tonka
E/W Rush
P4-p5-p6
 O0

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1174 on: May 11, 2010, 02:39:20 PM »

Per Jimmy's rules, I think they are going to do it where each angler will submit the lake they want and it'll be a random drawing. Jimmy, you should try to spice things up by "no prefish".... basically anglers will know about the lake the night before the tourney. (post it on the website)...   >:D

That is correct!

I know there are a lot of lakes that people love to fish on that feel like a "home lake". After the first tourney (TBD) each captain will write a lake they would like to fish. the paper will go into a hat. A random person or someone there will draw the next lake of the tournament out of a hat. Once that lake has been fished it can't get fished again that year. I think this is a great idea. Of course it has to be a public lake, with parking space for 15 boats, and hopefully a good area to weigh in at, and within 30 - 45 minutes of the general metro area.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1175 on: May 11, 2010, 02:46:12 PM »
So do you guys think it will fly?

Honestly...we're hoping to get 6 boats to come out...more would be better but we didnt want to set expectations too high...

Hopefully people will want to fish it!

Photocycle

« Reply #1176 on: May 11, 2010, 03:03:58 PM »
So do you guys think it will fly?

Honestly...we're hoping to get 6 boats to come out...more would be better but we didnt want to set expectations too high...

Hopefully people will want to fish it!

I think it's a great idea. I would love to fish too but now I gotta partner up with someone who has a smaller boat.

blablablablabla

« Reply #1177 on: May 11, 2010, 03:55:03 PM »

I think it's a great idea. I would love to fish too but now I gotta partner up with someone who has a smaller boat.

i got a 12' Ranger, its green but you'll have to paddle now because motor is out of commission.   O0

clumzy31

« Reply #1178 on: May 11, 2010, 05:39:43 PM »
Sorry didnt mean to interrupt.  but went to a small 100 acre lake.  i think im going to get my 7lbner from here.  wish i had more time to fish it.  lots of structure and a lake that no one touches....big gest was this 4lbner that was spawned out.   average was high 2lbners and 3lbners....for a small lake... dats a great average...

ricqik

« Reply #1179 on: May 11, 2010, 05:40:37 PM »
Jimmy, really though, was the restriction so hbc veterans can't join?

Photocycle

« Reply #1180 on: May 11, 2010, 06:01:37 PM »
Jimmy, how much HP does your motor have?

ricqik

« Reply #1181 on: May 11, 2010, 06:07:47 PM »
clumzy, u guys r lucky wi opens well b4 mn, mn sucks, all this opener things suck. all it does is make more peeps want to keep more fish bcuz they wait months at a time to finally fish.

that's my theory bcuz look at pool 3,4,5,6, etc...... peeps rarely keep fish from there but they be stealing it from pool 2 like crazy. there's rule to be broken n peeps like that. no excitement in something with nothing to get away with. lol

clumzy31

« Reply #1182 on: May 11, 2010, 07:07:30 PM »
clumzy, u guys r lucky wi opens well b4 mn, mn sucks, all this opener things suck. all it does is make more peeps want to keep more fish bcuz they wait months at a time to finally fish.

that's my theory bcuz look at pool 3,4,5,6, etc...... peeps rarely keep fish from there but they be stealing it from pool 2 like crazy. there's rule to be broken n peeps like that. no excitement in something with nothing to get away with. lol

Now that is true rick...i believe if the season was open year round, there would be better fishing around the midwest.  by the way, it probably just helps boost up the economy in our states.  i mean every store has to have its busy time.  just like work...right?

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1183 on: May 11, 2010, 07:51:40 PM »
Jimmy, really though, was the restriction so hbc veterans can't join?

no it wasn't. I know Dan has a 150 on his boat and so does enosey. The restriction is to attract newbie's like myself who want to fish and get better also to let guys who wouldnt fish HBC have a chance at tournament fishing that wont fish HBC because they feel at a disadvantage.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1184 on: May 11, 2010, 07:55:38 PM »
Jimmy, how much HP does your motor have?

i have a 140 4stroke suzuki on a 18.5ft deep v. Max speed on gps is 46mph

Advertisements