Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485837 times)

ricqik

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1290 on: May 28, 2010, 07:07:09 PM »
Hey rick I heard you guys got sponser to fish the big leagues? Talk to danny a while back and said your boat was in the shop..you should come to the court and play some v-ball like back in the days... I've always wonder what happen to you guys :2funny: I'm fishing minnewhasta tomorrow....yo u mind giving me some tips?
must've been too long,i don't believe i've ever met u? vball?? damn, have long retired from that. that's like way back in the 90's, lol.....

have never been to minnewhasta.. don't even know where it is? but everyone knows spring is shallow fishing n just off the drop-off. in the shallows u're basically doing pick n choose. there's really not much about spring shallow bassin.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

threedegree

« Reply #1291 on: May 29, 2010, 02:59:07 PM »
My bro and I picked up a few more bass last night  O0

nice oversized panfish

Photocycle

« Reply #1292 on: May 29, 2010, 11:10:34 PM »
How was bass opener for everyone?

t-wacky

« Reply #1293 on: May 30, 2010, 03:38:37 PM »
the tournament went pretty well....we had four boats and teams of three. It was just among family and friends but the important part was that we had fun... we placed second with 19lbs just 2lbs shy of 1st place if i didnt lose that 3lb. My smart butt decided to pull the fish up  by holding the line then "splash" that fish cost me the big fish pot as well.....DANG!lol btw we all use to play vball at D/C....james, pao "bro in-law" and all them guys. well....you where right it was shallow and it was senkos all day.... ;D docks and even the shoreline as low as 1feet of water. I heard there was a HBC on the Croix on monday, you guys fishing?

ricqik

« Reply #1294 on: May 30, 2010, 09:41:08 PM »
I'm pretty sure hbc don't have a tourny on mon. All hbc tourny r on  sat.

t-wacky

« Reply #1295 on: June 01, 2010, 01:34:28 PM »
Yeah obviously not on a Monday and memorial day...he,he just heard from a friend... btw nice pics! Were those taken in minn? So if I was to fish deep water in the middle of summer, what would be a good start for my rigs and depth.

Photocycle

« Reply #1296 on: June 01, 2010, 05:20:16 PM »
So if I was to fish deep water in the middle of summer, what would be a good start for my rigs and depth.

Wherever the inside weed line is would be a good start. Otherwise you can try looking for deep cover (rocks, timber, etc).

t-wacky

« Reply #1297 on: June 02, 2010, 01:16:40 PM »
Thanks photocycle, have you ever fish marion lake, dakota county? Heard it was full of lunkers, anyways what kinda boat you got there?

ricqik

« Reply #1298 on: June 02, 2010, 01:28:28 PM »
Yeah obviously not on a Monday and memorial day...he,he just heard from a friend... btw nice pics! Were those taken in minn? So if I was to fish deep water in the middle of summer, what would be a good start for my rigs and depth.
it's lake dependent.... some lakes bass move deep to look for deep water structure, some lakes they remain shallow thru out summer. but usually u'll wanna work outside edges of weeds n steep drops, on deep flats, humps n points. the water temp u read on ur sonar only applies to the first 4-5', it only gets cooler the deeper u go. most hang around the 8-16' depth, depending on the lakes water clarity n over all depth n contours.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 01:31:08 PM by ricqik »

blablablablabla

« Reply #1299 on: June 02, 2010, 01:29:33 PM »
Thanks photocycle, have you ever fish marion lake, dakota county? Heard it was full of lunkers, anyways what kinda boat you got there?

marion gots sum big hawgs in there......mak e sure you post up some pictures!  O0  

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 06:55:08 AM by blablablablabla »

blablablablabla

« Reply #1300 on: June 02, 2010, 01:30:49 PM »
it's lake dependent.... some lakes bass move deep to look for deep water structure, some lakes they remain shallow thru out summer. but usually u'll wanna work outside edges of weeds n steep drops, on deep flats, humps n points. the water temp u read on ur sonar only applies to the first 4-5', it only gets cooler the deeper u go. most hang around the 8-16' depth, depending on the lakes over all depth n contours.

what Ricqik said.  O0  u guys should this man fish, its simply amazing!  O0

clumzy31

« Reply #1301 on: June 02, 2010, 08:13:21 PM »
well looks like i wont be going fishing for a couple of days.  my trolling motors steering cable snapped on me this past weekend.  just got the left and right cable ordered and im planning on installing it my self.  this ever happen to you guys?  if so was it hard to install new cables?  probably go out bass fishing on land.  will post some inland bass pictures coming sunday...

ricqik

« Reply #1302 on: June 02, 2010, 09:03:29 PM »
nope, never had this happened

blablablablabla

« Reply #1303 on: June 03, 2010, 06:54:49 AM »
well looks like i wont be going fishing for a couple of days.  my trolling motors steering cable snapped on me this past weekend.  just got the left and right cable ordered and im planning on installing it my self.  this ever happen to you guys?  if so was it hard to install new cables?  probably go out bass fishing on land.  will post some inland bass pictures coming sunday...

have fun doing it.  Once you are done, figure out how to get the arrow straight again.  I've replaced the cables and the control board in my maxxum, its sucks!  Just be glad your are not installing the control board, that thing is expensive.  Btw, very careful when installing the cables so you won't ruin the footboard switch, once you break that you have to replace the control board, which is about 200bucks.  Enjoy! 

Photocycle

« Reply #1304 on: June 03, 2010, 07:36:34 AM »

Nope never fished it or even heard of it. Boat is just a little skeeter. You want the big boys, you gotta look at Riq's rig.

Advertisements