Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485837 times)

addisonlee

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1440 on: July 16, 2010, 10:17:06 AM »
The one my buddy has is quiet as hell and smooth. Reminds me of a Ferrari.  :D ;D

He also told me that Mercury mounting brackets tend to break easily too, cos he use to have one.  :o

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

blablablablabla

« Reply #1441 on: July 16, 2010, 10:35:11 AM »
i just want to get out and fish.   O0

addisonlee

« Reply #1442 on: July 16, 2010, 10:39:08 AM »
i just want to get out and fish.   O0

i'll be at the piers salmon fishing all wkend. stop by.  seriously all wkend 24/7. camping out there. O0

blablablablabla

« Reply #1443 on: July 16, 2010, 11:06:12 AM »
i'll be at the piers salmon fishing all wkend. stop by.  seriously all wkend 24/7. camping out there. O0

u are HARDKORE!  O0  ;D

addisonlee

« Reply #1444 on: July 16, 2010, 11:20:04 AM »
u are HARDKORE!  O0  ;D

took off monday just to recover  :idiot2: :2funny:

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1445 on: July 16, 2010, 11:27:20 AM »
Hey blabla...

How much do youthink your boat/trailer weigh? Fully loaded with tournament gear and  gas? I found a skeeter sx190 but I'm not sure my Pathfinder can handle the load.

blablablablabla

« Reply #1446 on: July 16, 2010, 11:52:56 AM »
Hey blabla...

How much do youthink your boat/trailer weigh? Fully loaded with tournament gear and  gas? I found a skeeter sx190 but I'm not sure my Pathfinder can handle the load.

I've weighed mine on a scale here at work.  3600+lbs, gas (30gallons) and all my gear.  Your Pathfinder will handle that just fine.  Skeeters are light compared to Rangers and that goes for any size.  I tow mine with a v8 4runner and it does ok.  I've towed a ZX185, (same boat as a SX190) it tows easy compared to my 185vx.  You will not have a problem towing it with that Pathfinder.   O0  If you want to find out, just ask and you can tow Jimmy's for a day.   :2funny:  It will tow easier with a tandem axle.   O0

ricqik

« Reply #1447 on: July 16, 2010, 01:37:30 PM »
ETEC's!   :2funny:  Dude those are worse........

Etecs are quiet but they are great for blowing powerheads, worse than Yami or Mercs.  Also they are very expensive to run, xd100 @ $50-$60 a gallon.   >:(  And they are still using the old rubber hubs.  HBC guys that run Rudes, will never throw a rooster tail like Merc and Yami guys.   ;D  Rude+Rooster tail=blown hubs.  O0
i'd have to agree.... though nascar does throw a rooster he's also blown a  hub once. iirc, in hbc, the rude n merc guys have had more prob than the yammy guys.

ricqik

« Reply #1448 on: July 16, 2010, 01:38:29 PM »
I've weighed mine on a scale here at work.  3600+lbs, gas (30gallons) and all my gear.  Your Pathfinder will handle that just fine.  Skeeters are light compared to Rangers and that goes for any size.  I tow mine with a v8 4runner and it does ok.  I've towed a ZX185, (same boat as a SX190) it tows easy compared to my 185vx.  You will not have a problem towing it with that Pathfinder.   O0  If you want to find out, just ask and you can tow Jimmy's for a day.   :2funny:  It will tow easier with a tandem axle.   O0

i still need to weigh mine, my best guess by adding everything up is i'm at 4400-4500 on the wheels.

blablablablabla

« Reply #1449 on: July 16, 2010, 01:57:36 PM »
i'd have to agree.... though nascar does throw a rooster he's also blown a  hub once. iirc, in hbc, the rude n merc guys have had more prob than the yammy guys.

another rude just went.    ::)   :2funny:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 03:34:33 PM by blablablablabla »

ricqik

« Reply #1450 on: July 16, 2010, 04:06:13 PM »
another rude just went.    ::)   :2funny:
i'm yammy all the way, one day yammy fo"sho" ;) :D

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1451 on: July 19, 2010, 08:34:06 AM »
Ric,blabla,photo...

You guys ever fish the west side of Tonka? I was out yesterday and thought I would see if the west side was more productive.

I fished a few points and sunken islands. Wind was pretty brutal so it made for some really tough boat control. We eventually fished islands and the north shore to stay out of the wind but we didn't catch many fish. I fished Hardscrabble Point for a while and did catch some fish there but it just didn't seem as consistent as the east end. from 7 - 12 we caught 5 fish with the biggest being around 3lbs. Given I never fish the west end so we were basically fishing new water. Went to the east end and caught over 20 fish but the biggest on this side being only about 2.5lbs.

I found some spots on the main lake and off the main lake a bit but it's impossible to fish these areas with all the boat traffik...do you guys just go to the many bays around the lake? I suppose for the tourney this Friday we will hit up my keeper spots but as far as upgrading I have no idea where to look for some kicker fish.

Photocycle

« Reply #1452 on: July 19, 2010, 06:13:27 PM »
I don't think I can make the tonka tourney this weekend.  :-\

But to your point Jimmy, I've fished all of tonka before... i think all sides are as productive, just need to put in time to learn more about each spot. The west side of tonka is pretty cool during the week days.. but yeah, it gets flooded with recreational boats and high winds on weekends. You find grass and you'll find fish.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:16:03 PM by Photocycle »

blablablablabla

« Reply #1453 on: July 20, 2010, 07:14:40 AM »
West side of Tonka has less boat traffic and I haven't seen HBC guys fish this area much.  I try to get away from the crowd, that way people don't come see where you fish and pound the hell out of it.  Filler up and run all over Tonka!   O0

ricqik

« Reply #1454 on: July 20, 2010, 12:05:43 PM »
Stain water north, clear water south. Gets clearer as u go west.

As said many times, tonka is a joint of many lake which each has it's own character. Moving one bay to the next may require a diff technique. Time on the water is important to learn one body of water to the next.

Advertisements