Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485871 times)

blablablablabla

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1530 on: September 21, 2010, 01:01:24 PM »
Jason did you fish the Lax tourney?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

blablablablabla

« Reply #1531 on: September 21, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »
Who's ready for the Classic??!!!

I am, i'm gonna wing it!  O0

Photocycle

« Reply #1532 on: September 22, 2010, 09:00:18 AM »
Jason did you fish the Lax tourney?

Yes did Lax. I did the best ever on the mississippi!!!... got over 18lbs!... sadly we still got our asses handed to us by the locals. (we placed 4th, 3rd place was a few ounces ahead of us, 2nd place was around 20lb, 1st place was 22lbs). I had big fish until the 1st place team beat my big fish by 2 ounces... ugh.. FML!!!!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 09:06:21 AM by Photocycle »

Photocycle

« Reply #1533 on: September 22, 2010, 09:09:17 AM »
Who's ready for the Classic??!!!

I am, i'm gonna wing it!  O0

Would like to fish it but don't think i'll have the time. My bro is bugging me like crazy about it. lol

blablablablabla

« Reply #1534 on: September 22, 2010, 09:28:48 AM »
not bad bro!!!  O0  atleast they can say, guys that fish HBC don't suck!  ;D  shallow slop bite??  How was the event ran?

blablablablabla

« Reply #1535 on: September 22, 2010, 09:29:10 AM »
dude u gotta fish the classic!  I owe 120 and i'm basically donating.  ;D

Photocycle

« Reply #1536 on: September 22, 2010, 09:42:15 AM »
not bad bro!!!  O0  atleast they can say, guys that fish HBC don't suck!  ;D  shallow slop bite??  How was the event ran?

lol yeah.. that was my first time on them waters. No pre-fish either lol.

The event was ran much much more organized than HBC. Kinda what I expected when I first fished with HBC. Tourney director gather up boat captains and explained rules and regulations. If you're not back by 3pm then each minute is a pound deduction from  your total weight. If it gets to 3:15pm then you're disqualified. Ease off was a drawing so that's good. After each boat took off, the tourney director gave like a minute before the next boat can go.

I dunno.. just a bunch of little things that made the tourney feel much more organize and user-friendly.

Photocycle

« Reply #1537 on: September 22, 2010, 09:43:40 AM »
dude u gotta fish the classic!  I owe 120 and i'm basically donating.  ;D

problem is, I have work up the ass.. deadlines to meet for projects. If i can swing a miracle by tomorrow then maybe. My brother has offered to pay for the tourney fees and chip in for some gas just to fish it. lol

blablablablabla

« Reply #1538 on: September 22, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »
lol yeah.. that was my first time on them waters. No pre-fish either lol.

The event was ran much much more organized than HBC. Kinda what I expected when I first fished with HBC. Tourney director gather up boat captains and explained rules and regulations. If you're not back by 3pm then each minute is a pound deduction from  your total weight. If it gets to 3:15pm then you're disqualified. Ease off was a drawing so that's good. After each boat took off, the tourney director gave like a minute before the next boat can go.

I dunno.. just a bunch of little things that made the tourney feel much more organize and user-friendly.

Not bad!  Maybe next year if I still have a boat.  O0  How is the LAX area?  Is it similar to p4 or worse??  you fish backwaters?  main channel?  current? wind dams? slop?

problem is, I have work up the ass.. deadlines to meet for projects. If i can swing a miracle by tomorrow then maybe. My brother has offered to pay for the tourney fees and chip in for some gas just to fish it. lol

do it so I can chase you around the lake.  Who needs prefishn?  Just get out there wacky rig it all day!  ;D 

Photocycle

« Reply #1539 on: September 22, 2010, 09:58:36 AM »
Not bad!  Maybe next year if I still have a boat.  O0  How is the LAX area?  Is it similar to p4 or worse??  you fish backwaters?  main channel?  current? wind dams? slop?

do it so I can chase you around the lake.  Who needs prefishn?  Just get out there wacky rig it all day!  ;D 

Backwaters and slop. We did try a small portion of the dam(s) but looks like someone cleaned house already. Didn't run around the main channel too much - there was alot of verbal warnings about wing dams... I didn't want to risk it. They don't even have buey markers for the wing dams.. grrrrr

Chase me around the lake? You mean you're going to chase me while I chase riq? Excellent!  :2funny:

blablablablabla

« Reply #1540 on: September 22, 2010, 10:38:27 AM »
yeah, that way if we don't catch fish, i'll bring a case of 24 along, we can tie up our boats sit around and bullshit!   :2funny:

Photocycle

« Reply #1541 on: September 22, 2010, 10:51:28 AM »
yeah, that way if we don't catch fish, i'll bring a case of 24 along, we can tie up our boats sit around and bullshit!   :2funny:

Agreed. I vote for big island.

ricqik

« Reply #1542 on: September 22, 2010, 10:47:46 PM »
The event was ran much much more organized than HBC.
just my 2 cents......... ..... i think one time tourny had better be organized. after all, they only have one tourny to prepare for n the fact everyone don't each other so u gotta brief to make sure noobs get the giff of tourny fishing. hbc have folks who r regulars n frequent other tourny atmosphere more than enough that in the club itself, u're presumed to know the back of ur hand already....

anywho, good up jason, 4th........... .... hmm, gotta watch out next season on pool 4 n 5...

Photocycle

« Reply #1543 on: September 23, 2010, 09:25:33 AM »
just my 2 cents......... ..... i think one time tourny had better be organized. after all, they only have one tourny to prepare for n the fact everyone don't each other so u gotta brief to make sure noobs get the giff of tourny fishing. hbc have folks who r regulars n frequent other tourny atmosphere more than enough that in the club itself, u're presumed to know the back of ur hand already....

anywho, good up jason, 4th........... .... hmm, gotta watch out next season on pool 4 n 5...

Agreed. It's the first down there so yeah I can see it being more organize that way. We'll see how it goes next year.

Pool 4 and 5? psss... that's still spring fishing and I still haven't found any "honey holes" on pool 4/5. *sigh*

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1544 on: September 23, 2010, 10:39:01 AM »
We'll see you guys on Tonka tomorrow if you come!

Looks like we are all following Ric...LOL

Advertisements