Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485811 times)

Photocycle

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1560 on: September 27, 2010, 11:38:07 AM »
Not me...I freaking hate the Croix...I could just not fish and do just as well as I normally do on that river...

Gonna go to my fun lakes this weekend for some big ones hopefully....

Jimmy, Check the HBC site... don't think they are doing St Croix anymore... this is the last post on there by Peter:

"I think St. Croix is off the list.  The water is rising fast and no
wake zone will be issued this week.  See attached link

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=mpx&gage=stlm5&view...

Go back to tonka?"

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1561 on: September 27, 2010, 11:54:37 AM »

Jimmy, Check the HBC site... don't think they are doing St Croix anymore... this is the last post on there by Peter:

"I think St. Croix is off the list.  The water is rising fast and no
wake zone will be issued this week.  See attached link

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=mpx&gage=stlm5&view...

Go back to tonka?"

Well if its on Tonka...I may reconsider...b ut still...We only caught 7 fish with 2 people on a great day on Saturday..so 5 fish by myself might be tough also...LOL

Plus they got the Viking Classic on Saturday as well...but yeah we'll see whats up...

Photocycle

« Reply #1562 on: September 27, 2010, 12:28:37 PM »
Well if its on Tonka...I may reconsider...b ut still...We only caught 7 fish with 2 people on a great day on Saturday..so 5 fish by myself might be tough also...LOL

Plus they got the Viking Classic on Saturday as well...but yeah we'll see whats up...

LOL saturday was a tough day for me. Lost a number of fish - they were half ass biting and couldn't really find size. I might consider doing it... if not then i might just run up to Grey Cloud with my bro and a buddy for some river fishing.

ricqik

« Reply #1563 on: September 27, 2010, 01:42:43 PM »
if it's on a sun, i cant, i work this sat. u all know y he doesnt wanna do lakes again, it decreases his odds.. if he's as good as he makes it out to be, the body of water shouldn't matter... if it's on a day i don't work, i'm up for any lake... right now bass r scattered among flats anyways... just cover ground.

jason man, u missed the money by one place.... n nhia screwed up, miscounted.... nhia couldve bagged 1st.. damn...

but found a link about the laotion guy who caught n ate his catch.. im not a subscriber so i cant view the whole story but if any of u r, read away..

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=MN&p_theme=mn&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EFD64F3D5DAB1C6&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 06:46:23 AM by ricqik »

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1564 on: September 27, 2010, 01:48:46 PM »
if it's on a sun, i can, i work this sat. u all know y he doesnt wanna do lakes again, it decreases his odds.. if he's as good as he makes it out to be, the body of water shouldn't matter... if it's on a day i don't work, i'll up for any lake... right now bass r scattered among flats anyways... just cover ground.

jason man, u missed the money by one place.... n nhia screwed up, miscounted.... nhia couldve bagged 1st.. damn...

but found a link about the laotion guy who caught n ate his catch.. im not a subscriber so i cant view the whole story but if any of u r, read away..

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=MN&p_theme=mn&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EFD64F3D5DAB1C6&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

I've fished That lake before and have caught some 4 - 5's outta there. It's a small lake with like 10 parking spaces. I know the parking area and ramp were closed most of this summer as they were redoing the boat launch so I bet it would be really good for some bass right now...

I will most likely hit up some small lake this weekend trying to get my PB this year...which is anything over 5lbs...LOL

Photocycle

« Reply #1565 on: September 27, 2010, 02:38:42 PM »
Wow Riq... it would be nice to get the rest of the article... why dont u find the article you have and just scan it in!  O0

oh and it looks like Peter is done for the year...

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1566 on: September 27, 2010, 03:22:39 PM »
Wow Riq... it would be nice to get the rest of the article... why dont u find the article you have and just scan it in!  O0

oh and it looks like Peter is done for the year...

well looks like it aint gonna happen for them...Since Peter isn't organizing it I'm sure none of them guys will want to organize it either...I would but...I'm just too lazy to organize it and I feel like fun fishing this weekend...LOL

Photocycle

« Reply #1567 on: September 27, 2010, 04:03:22 PM »
well looks like it aint gonna happen for them...Since Peter isn't organizing it I'm sure none of them guys will want to organize it either...I would but...I'm just too lazy to organize it and I feel like fun fishing this weekend...LOL

agreed LOL  ;D

blablablablabla

« Reply #1568 on: September 28, 2010, 09:55:57 AM »
 O0

so who's doing the one man?  SInce they canceled Croix.  :( 

« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:57:31 PM by blablablablabla »

Photocycle

« Reply #1569 on: September 28, 2010, 05:44:54 PM »
O0

so who's doing the one man?  SInce they canceled Croix.  :( 

Well i believe the new option is back to Tonka and instead of one man, they are opening it up to two man per boat now. Still $50 for tourney and $10 for big fish. I might just do it if it stays that way....

Anyone else???

blablablablabla

« Reply #1570 on: September 29, 2010, 07:01:29 AM »
I'm 50/50 right now.  Still waiting for reports on WI River if its flooded than no duck hunting and I'll see you on Tonka!  RICK, you gonna be there????  :)

SO how was everyone fishing the TOC????

Photocycle

« Reply #1571 on: September 29, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »
I'm 50/50 right now.  Still waiting for reports on WI River if its flooded than no duck hunting and I'll see you on Tonka!  RICK, you gonna be there????  :)

SO how was everyone fishing the TOC????

Riq has work on Saturday he can't make it. I say he should call in sick.

The pattern was pretty simple... target flats. Throw everything you got at them. Jigs, worms, spinners, etc. Some flats are more productive than others. There should also be deep patterns going on at the same time. Work them deep weedlines. That's how I caught my 3 pounder on the 2nd day. All my small ones came from shallow flats but my biggin' was from deeper. Although, I coulda caught my limit by late morning already but for some reason I kept losing the fish... bummer.

ricqik

« Reply #1572 on: September 29, 2010, 09:44:51 AM »
damn yalls, i worked 2 days last wk already, gotta put in 3 days this wk..

blablablablabla

« Reply #1573 on: September 29, 2010, 10:35:57 AM »
Rick, call in sick!!  O0

ricqik

« Reply #1574 on: September 29, 2010, 10:41:19 AM »
can't, gotta work my way back to 4 days a wk

Advertisements