Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485842 times)

Photocycle

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1605 on: September 30, 2010, 10:58:04 AM »
Riq! I thought smallie season was closed for good but no... it's still open to catch and release only! YAY!!!! to Rum river I go!!!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

blablablablabla

« Reply #1606 on: September 30, 2010, 10:59:29 AM »
MN and its stupid laws! Its open for harvest in WI.  O0 Anyone ever launch at the CR dam and go up river????

Photocycle

« Reply #1607 on: September 30, 2010, 01:01:45 PM »
MN and its stupid laws! Its open for harvest in WI.  O0 Anyone ever launch at the CR dam and go up river????

I havent launched at coon rapids yet but I've launched around the anoka area (where rum river dumps into the mississippi). The river is pretty shallow around that area... averaging 2-4 feet from the banks to the middle of the river. The middle of the river can get to 10-15 ft and that's about it.

We see big smallies at the rum river damn in Anoka each spring but we can't seem to locate them anymore after they spawn. I'm thinking they probably head up north of the river after they spawn.... I'll have to dedicate sometime to finding them next year.

Will if you want to fish that stretch of the mississippi, let me know!

blablablablabla

« Reply #1608 on: September 30, 2010, 01:51:37 PM »
I havent launched at coon rapids yet but I've launched around the anoka area (where rum river dumps into the mississippi). The river is pretty shallow around that area... averaging 2-4 feet from the banks to the middle of the river. The middle of the river can get to 10-15 ft and that's about it.

We see big smallies at the rum river damn in Anoka each spring but we can't seem to locate them anymore after they spawn. I'm thinking they probably head up north of the river after they spawn.... I'll have to dedicate sometime to finding them next year.

Will if you want to fish that stretch of the mississippi, let me know!

I'm always up for some fishing!!  Let me know when! I've dropped the boat in at CR dam and run up to Rum River.  Theres more rock up that way.  Its a nice boat ride!   O0 

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1609 on: September 30, 2010, 03:13:23 PM »
I'm always up for some fishing!!  Let me know when! I've dropped the boat in at CR dam and run up to Rum River.  Theres more rock up that way.  Its a nice boat ride!   O0 

/IN

Too scared to take my boat up that way....

blablablablabla

« Reply #1610 on: September 30, 2010, 04:13:03 PM »
its not bad gym-e!  O0

Photocycle

« Reply #1611 on: October 01, 2010, 09:32:55 AM »
You guys going to launch at maxwell tomorrow? Or from Gray's then drive to maxwell?

blablablablabla

« Reply #1612 on: October 01, 2010, 02:41:44 PM »
maxwell  O0

Photocycle

« Reply #1613 on: October 01, 2010, 03:04:19 PM »
maxwell  O0

eh.. guess I'll see you guys at Maxwell then.

blablablablabla

« Reply #1614 on: October 01, 2010, 03:05:34 PM »
what time you be there?  You get your ducer replaced yet??

Photocycle

« Reply #1615 on: October 01, 2010, 03:58:13 PM »
what time you be there?  You get your ducer replaced yet??

I'm gonna leave home around 5:30am. My ducer?... no... my ducer isnt the problem remember? It's my 997si unit itself that's the problem. Humminbird's hahaass wants a flat fee of $250 to repair it.... i'll probably wait till winter before I send it in.  :'(

blablablablabla

« Reply #1616 on: October 01, 2010, 04:05:38 PM »
damn! $250 

Sounds good, i'll be there about 6:30 or so.  We'll chat.  See you in the AM!  ;)

Photocycle

« Reply #1617 on: October 04, 2010, 09:15:40 AM »
Saturday's result:

There was 3 of us in the 14.xx pound range, within ounces of each other. I ended up in 3rd with 14.7, someone else in 2nd, and Enosey for 1st at 14.14 lbs.  :'(  big fish was around 4lbs.
1st and 2nd place was paid out.  WHY THE FARK DO I ALWAYS GET PLACED SHORT OF MONEY?  >:(

There was a small meca club there, they had a limit of 5 fish too... their winning bag was ducking 21lbs!!!!!!! (two 4 pounders and one 5 pounder)...  :idiot2:

Photocycle

« Reply #1618 on: October 04, 2010, 10:14:14 PM »
Riq/Will/Jimmy.... sounds like it's a go for St. Croix on Sunday... u guys doing it?

blablablablabla

« Reply #1619 on: October 05, 2010, 06:47:16 AM »
Saturday's result:

There was 3 of us in the 14.xx pound range, within ounces of each other. I ended up in 3rd with 14.7, someone else in 2nd, and Enosey for 1st at 14.14 lbs.  :'(  big fish was around 4lbs.
1st and 2nd place was paid out.  WHY THE FARK DO I ALWAYS GET PLACED SHORT OF MONEY?  >:(

There was a small meca club there, they had a limit of 5 fish too... their winning bag was ducking 21lbs!!!!!!! (two 4 pounders and one 5 pounder)...  :idiot2:

good job Jason!  I had a bad day of fishing than just a bad day period. 
Riq/Will/Jimmy.... sounds like it's a go for St. Croix on Sunday... u guys doing it?

Not sure as of yet.  To many things going on.  My weekends are booked til November.  >:(  The croix should be a blast!!  Get up on the sand points and bottom bounce 3/8 mimmics for 4-6lbs smallies!  O0 

Advertisements