Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485841 times)

bASS_BLASTER

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1680 on: January 04, 2011, 04:41:03 PM »
Never knew about this site until now.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

blablablablabla

« Reply #1681 on: January 06, 2011, 07:00:15 AM »
Never knew about this site until now.

Welcome Perry  O0

papa

« Reply #1682 on: January 06, 2011, 10:12:15 AM »
what lake are tchb and hbc fishing? how many lakes do they fish per season? how much is entree fee? what are the rules or requirements?

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1683 on: January 06, 2011, 10:39:46 AM »
what lake are tchb and hbc fishing? how many lakes do they fish per season? how much is entree fee? what are the rules or requirements?

Thanks Will.

TCHB and HBC? Please refer to site.

http://www.twincitieshmongbassers.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/hmong-bass-club

papa

« Reply #1684 on: January 06, 2011, 01:29:01 PM »
hmm....

just by browsing i can't tell. other than tchb seems very small with just a few of the same people posting.

as for hbc, i can't see. judt browsing, not willing to register...... ... yet..

but atmosphere wise, which club is better... as in friendlier/more welcoming.

which club is tougher as in better fishing peoples? does these 2 clubs inter-compete with each other like fish the same tournament how recreations have compete against each other? which club do you guys fish, have fished or still fish with? what's you're guys view?

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1685 on: January 06, 2011, 02:15:22 PM »
hmm....

just by browsing i can't tell. other than tchb seems very small with just a few of the same people posting.

as for hbc, i can't see. judt browsing, not willing to register...... ... yet..

but atmosphere wise, which club is better... as in friendlier/more welcoming.

which club is tougher as in better fishing peoples? does these 2 clubs inter-compete with each other like fish the same tournament how recreations have compete against each other? which club do you guys fish, have fished or still fish with? what's you're guys view?

I've only fished HBC several times because I'm limited on time and horsepower. TCHB has a horsepower restriction of 150hp, $50 entry fee and allowed up to 3 fishermen. Both clubs have great, competitive fishermen with the same mentality and that is to win. Overall, HBC will be more competitive, higher entry fee, 2 man team and most of those guys will sport 200hp + with all the electronics you can think of. A lot of them are veterans and have fished with meeka clubs and done well. Both clubs has not fished against each other but the fishermen has hopped around. You will need to be invited to HBC. Its free, I can invite you, just give me your e-mail address.

papa

« Reply #1686 on: January 07, 2011, 08:04:40 PM »
so from what you've observed in your times you've fished with hbc, who are the really good guys/teams? do they also come here on ph? i saw a youtube fo hbc on waconia and only the yellow boat stand out. is that team good? are you good? what about if you've caught one big fish before, does that make you a good fishing man? this hmong bass tournament thing is very interesting. i also noticed in the hbc waconia youtube video, they all have pretty boats. doesn't look like metal ones, theirs look expensive. so do you have to have a boat like that? oh yeah, what's a "meeka" club? is that another hmong club like that is more advanced?

papa

« Reply #1687 on: January 07, 2011, 08:49:30 PM »
i think it's pretty cool O0

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1688 on: January 07, 2011, 10:12:36 PM »
so from what you've observed in your times you've fished with hbc, who are the really good guys/teams? do they also come here on ph? i saw a youtube fo hbc on waconia and only the yellow boat stand out. is that team good? are you good? what about if you've caught one big fish before, does that make you a good fishing man? this hmong bass tournament thing is very interesting. i also noticed in the hbc waconia youtube video, they all have pretty boats. doesn't look like metal ones, theirs look expensive. so do you have to have a boat like that? oh yeah, what's a "meeka" club? is that another hmong club like that is more advanced?

I think everyone is good, people just have their good days and bad days. What it takes to win are lots of pefishing. Kind of like studying to ace your exam. That being said, some are more experienced then others. And just b/c u caught a big fish doesn't mean you're good bc luck plays a role. You have to catch your limit with the biggest fishes in tournaments and repeat that process then you can categorize yourself as good, win lots of tournaments and you're great! Your boat does not make you a better fishermen, but it gives individuals the confidence. Lots of the members are very reserved so they don't come on here. Best learning experience are hands on experience.

papa

« Reply #1689 on: January 08, 2011, 01:37:35 PM »
tournament bass fishing sounds fun. i see lots of poles in peoples boats n electronics too, must be expensive to fish in tournaments. how many poles should i have if i wanna fish in these tournaments? what kind of stuff do i need?

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1690 on: January 08, 2011, 03:57:24 PM »
tournament bass fishing sounds fun. i see lots of poles in peoples boats n electronics too, must be expensive to fish in tournaments. how many poles should i have if i wanna fish in these tournaments? what kind of stuff do i need?

It can get expensive, depends on your wallet. For starters, you need a boat with a working live well, 3 rods at a minimum,  one heavy and two medium heavy. Some people have over a dozen rods. Stuff? I assume lures? Best if you go out and start buying lures to see what works for you.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 06:46:15 PM by bASS_BLASTER »

blablablablabla

« Reply #1691 on: January 12, 2011, 07:27:11 AM »
perry, do you have a mbr843c or 844c glx,imx laying around?  :)

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1692 on: January 12, 2011, 09:40:27 AM »
perry, do you have a mbr843c or 844c glx,imx laying around?  :)

I don't have any IMX, I upgraded all my rods to GLX and NRX. I have an 843c GLX, why? You want to borrow it b/c its not for sale.  :) 

blablablablabla

« Reply #1693 on: January 12, 2011, 10:05:24 AM »
i'm looking for one.... ;D

SO tell me about the NRX...

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1694 on: January 12, 2011, 12:22:25 PM »
i'm looking for one.... ;D

SO tell me about the NRX...

I got the NRX 873. It is 7' 3", med-hvy fast action, 1/4-3/4oz lure weight. Currently I have a Steez 103SHA on it with 30lb power-pro. I like to use this rod with a 1/4oz gamakastu weighted swimbait hook and 5" Hardnose rhino swimshad. I use the Rhino Hardnose b/c I can catch 20+ fish out of the milfoil, grass and weeds and still have my lure in one piece -vs- money-minnow, berkley swimshads or any other. These things will outlast all other soft plastic swimbaits. Fish don't care how it swims, as long as it mimics so no point of paying $9 for 3 or 4 yum and berkley when you can pay $5 for 5 hardnose. Anyway, the extra 3" tip helps me cast this lure an extra 20 + feet vs my other 843c GLX which I sold to another fishermen on TCHB. Why does it matter? Because when fish are in shallow water it is easy to disturbed them, once you disturbed them your chances of catching them is over! So a longer cast will help you catch fish when they are in the shallow. When i was inexperienced, I used to cast short distance into milfoil edges, grass, trees, structures and had a hard time catching anything, it was even harder when the water is like glass and calm. I basically disturbed them before I even had a chance. When fishes are in 2-4FOW, I like to cast 35 + yards out and keep my lure inches under top surface as I retrieve back, I can literally see the fish creating a wake towards the lure and then explosion!

Total rod & reel weight. NRX + 103SHA: 8.9oz
Long rod w/soft tip helped cast lighter lures further. G Loomis rods had always been great about this. Backbone to hull fish out of the grass is amazing for the med-hvy NRX. They don't lie when they say 20% stronger and 15% lighter. Its well balanced. I can fish all day with this rod and not feel a thing at the end of the day. The wrapping looks more stronger. And the smaller hybrid REC and guides is unique, reduced weight and felt stronger when trying to bend it off. Unfortunately, due to winterizing the boat early and earlier than normal cold season this year I haven't had as much time fishing the NRX rod as I would like to.

I don't like fishing all day with heavy rods so if you're like me, you will like what you pay for. My go to rods for fishing all day are 6' 8" and 7' 1". I haven't fished enough of the latest rods or other brands to compare the NRX to. I will only compare to those I used, St. Croix rods, Shimano rods, Daiwa rods, carrot sticks, fenwick, abu garcia and none are close to the NRX when it comes to lightweight and performance. However, they will all catch fish and all will break when your wife/gf slams the door on it.

A lot of guys like the Daiwa Steez rods. I don't, they are too stiff for me. For me, it takes more effort to cast lures. Loomis vs Daiwa, both 7', both med-hvy, both daiwa steez 103sha reels, both 40lb braided power pro and both using 3/8oz jig&pig both fishing same weather condition.

Overhead casting: If I overcast with the Daiwa rod, I will have to swing harder and release the line earlier with control b/c there's not flex to the tip, if I don't then BIRDNEST. For the Loomis, it has a softer tip so I don't have to put as much force and that reduces the chance of birdnest.

Side casting: Now casting from the side. With the Daiwa rod, I will need to put some effort in both my wrist and elbow. With Loomis, very little effort on the elbow and mostly wrist motion will do the job.

Hauling fish out of the grass: On the same spec rods, this is when the Daiwa has the advantage. If you're like me, you will have a dozen + rods and will not use a med-hvy rod for heavy grass and weeds.

A friend of mine has the Daiwa Steez rods, he loses his upper tip rings all the time.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:34:58 PM by bASS_BLASTER »

Advertisements