Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485866 times)

papa

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1740 on: January 21, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
nvm

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1741 on: January 21, 2011, 04:16:10 PM »
with the j4 tournament usually on the st. croix and it being a big water that can get 2-3ft waves. wouldn't it be wise for the tournament directors to limit boats to 16ft minimum for safety reasons. by the way you guys are talking, it's already a chore for 20-21ft bass boats in those waves already, i can't imagine a small 12-14ft aluminum braving those.

And this is what happens when 1 man leads a club and not a committee. Members have no saying. Unless that one man listens to members and make decisions based on their majority voice.

papa

« Reply #1742 on: January 25, 2011, 03:46:14 PM »
just 2.5 months left for you bass heads.

addisonlee

« Reply #1743 on: January 25, 2011, 03:54:40 PM »
just 2.5 months left for you bass heads.

Can't wait for opening day to come! Got some shopping to do still and fishing expos/shows to attend. I already know where I'll be fishing opening day.  :D ;D

Goal this year is to catch a 6+lbs  O0

blablablablabla

« Reply #1744 on: January 26, 2011, 07:24:54 AM »
Photo, question for you...

I haven't taken out any of my gear out of my boat cuz I'm lazy.  Umm.....will there be any damage to my gear?  Boat is stored in garage.  ;D  damn I hope all my hooks aren't rusted up.

Photocycle

« Reply #1745 on: January 26, 2011, 09:14:03 AM »
Photo, question for you...

I haven't taken out any of my gear out of my boat cuz I'm lazy.  Umm.....will there be any damage to my gear?  Boat is stored in garage.  ;D  damn I hope all my hooks aren't rusted up.

I don't know the "right" answer to your question but from experience I don't think anything bad will happen to your gears. Just make sure you change out lines - that should be a given already.  :)

Me on the other hand, did not winterize my motor and never take out my batteries - I just leave them charging all winter long. Surprisingly I've gone 3 seasons now without taking them out... hehe, still running strong. (knock on wood!)

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1746 on: January 26, 2011, 10:13:06 AM »
As long as you don't leave plastics on the hooks you should be fine. I left a trailer on one of my jigs last year and it was hooked to my baitkeeper on my pole and it rusted up the hook and the bait keeper.

as far as line goes I will replace my one reel of fluoro. My braided lines will get one more year out of them. I will unspool the line and respool from the other end so the half that didnt get used last year gets used this year.

Probably get 2 more rods and reels this year. 1 flipping stick and 1 spinning rod

blablablablabla

« Reply #1747 on: January 26, 2011, 11:25:37 AM »
i guess i'll have to dig everything out now as I don't remember.  

Damn you guys and your fluoro  ;D

You guys see the new Abu Verdicts?  Not bad for the price and feel of them.  If you are looking to try something new Capras is carrying Dobbyns now. 

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:28:27 AM by blablablablabla »

papa

« Reply #1748 on: January 26, 2011, 01:41:43 PM »
why use mono line when those braided line are stronger?

why use a 200hp+ boat when you can catch fish in a 40hp boat?

why have so many poles when you can only use one at a time?

why have all those expensive electronics when it's still up to the fish if they wanna bite?

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1749 on: January 26, 2011, 02:30:46 PM »
why use mono line when those braided line are stronger? Answr: Some days fish are picky and if they see your line, you will have no chance of catching them. Especially the larger, smarter bass.

why use a 200hp+ boat when you can catch fish in a 40hp boat? Answr: You want to get from point A to point B fast when fishing in a tournament.

why have so many poles when you can only use one at a time? Answr: In tournament fishing, each rod has its own application. You need a bigger, heavier rod with heavier line to haul fish out of the grass. Crank baits requires a mod-fast rod so you don't rip the hooks out of its mouth. Jig & Pig rods need to be very sensitive so you can feel each bite.....and so on.

why have all those expensive electronics when it's still up to the fish if they wanna bite? Answr: You need to find structure, bait fish, need to mark way points and tracks to show where you've been, where you're going next.

If you don't fish tournaments and don't care for it. Then one rod, a 25hp jon boat or shore and no electronics will be adequate.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:32:21 PM by bASS_BLASTER »

papa

« Reply #1750 on: January 26, 2011, 03:54:03 PM »
thanks, very informative. must be like golf, each club for certain situation. this opens up a whole new world of what really goes into being a competitive fisherman.

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1751 on: January 26, 2011, 04:04:21 PM »
thanks, very informative. must be like golf, each club for certain situation. this opens up a whole new world of what really goes into being a competitive fisherman.

Yes! Fishing rods are very much like golf clubs. No prob!

My wife looks at my rods and say, "They're all the same, why do you keep buying more?" I tell her, same like your purses....only difference is, I use mine and they no longer of the price tags on them.

blablablablabla

« Reply #1752 on: February 01, 2011, 08:09:49 AM »
Anyone interested in a 8' Minnkota Talon in black? 

Photocycle

« Reply #1753 on: February 01, 2011, 08:11:19 AM »
^what happened Will??? Not liking it? Can't install it?....  :-\

blablablablabla

« Reply #1754 on: February 01, 2011, 08:20:33 AM »
from the research it might not be what I need.  :)   so either I sell it or return it.  I can install it without a problem, I might have to go with a PP bracket instead of Minnkota bracket.   O0  I may pull the trigger on a PP 8' Pro instead.

Advertisements