Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485842 times)

Photocycle

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1755 on: February 01, 2011, 08:24:52 AM »
from the research it might not be what I need.  :)   so either I sell it or return it.  I can install it without a problem, I might have to go with a PP bracket instead of Minnkota bracket.   O0  I may pull the trigger on a PP 8' Pro instead.

can you elaborate a little more on "it might not be what you needed?"

Does it not fit? too much modding to get it to work? Don't have the right bracket? Not sturdy enough? etc etc etc.... (and how much you wanna sell it for?)

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

blablablablabla

« Reply #1756 on: February 01, 2011, 08:29:14 AM »
I don't think its going to be sturdy enough for my needs.  As you know us bass guys are hard on our equipment, like very hard.  ;D  dinged up props, broken ducers, roughed up pad, damaged skeg and the list goes on.  I have a feeling its not going to hold up to my expectations.   I don't have the product yet, but it will be here in less than a week.  As for price, way less than MSRP.  O0 

blablablablabla

« Reply #1757 on: February 01, 2011, 08:32:07 AM »
Jason there is video on bbc, check it out.  Test of PP and Talon, on deployment which one stops first.

Photocycle

« Reply #1758 on: February 01, 2011, 08:33:22 AM »
I don't think its going to be sturdy enough for my needs.  As you know us bass guys are hard on our equipment, like very hard.  ;D  dinged up props, broken ducers, roughed up pad, damaged skeg and the list goes on.  I have a feeling its not going to hold up to my expectations.   I don't have the product yet, but it will be here in less than a week.  As for price, way less than MSRP.  O0  

What makes you think it won't be sturdy enough? Are you talking about sturdiness of the bracket/install itself? Or sturdiness of the actual rod that holds you down? I was looking to maybe get one or two in a year or so, but if you're saying it won't be sturdy enough, then that concerns me. Have you seen and played one that's already installed on a boat?

Photocycle

« Reply #1759 on: February 01, 2011, 08:33:42 AM »
ah, ok let me go check BBC...

blablablablabla

« Reply #1760 on: February 01, 2011, 08:34:33 AM »
I haven't yet, but I might be the first guy to actually lose one while fishing.  ;D

I'll be back to discuss after my bs meeting.  ;D

Photocycle

« Reply #1761 on: February 01, 2011, 09:38:30 AM »
Ok watched the video and read everything.... hmmmm... PM me or txt me the price you would sell it for.

blablablablabla

« Reply #1762 on: February 01, 2011, 10:13:20 AM »
I will let you know.   O0 

What are your thoughts??

Photocycle

« Reply #1763 on: February 01, 2011, 10:28:44 AM »
I don't know... the youtube vid is kinda goofy. The guy was deploying it wrong for the Talon (holding the down button). I'm pretty sure the Talon will shake as it's trying to plant itself, but I'm hoping they come out with better brackets so the talon is more stable. I have mixed feelings about the Talon... whatever it is, this spring/summer we'll get better reviews on it as it becomes more available and used throughout the sport.

Al_Linder

« Reply #1764 on: February 01, 2011, 10:55:40 AM »
Can't wait for bass fishing!

blablablablabla

« Reply #1765 on: February 01, 2011, 11:08:52 AM »
It looks iffy, after looking at the brackets.  When i install I will install on my jackplate and not between the transom and plate. 

Photocycle

« Reply #1766 on: February 01, 2011, 11:09:40 AM »
^they mentioned some kind of new bracket that holds the top or something too... you look into that?

blablablablabla

« Reply #1767 on: February 01, 2011, 11:21:25 AM »
nope, but if I rig mine up I will have safety linkage mounted to bolts on motor.  I'll make mine Permanent.  O0

papa

« Reply #1768 on: February 02, 2011, 08:11:30 AM »
As with any new product, there will always be someone who's gonna try to make it look bad when they're using a competing product. Reading the stats, it looks to be a good or better product. Just by common sense, the power pole thingy looks like over time the chicken wing deployment can fatigue over time at the pivoting joints. I'm sure the talon would face the same fatigue with it's moving parts too so I think you guys are coming to a conclusion too soon.

Photocycle

« Reply #1769 on: February 02, 2011, 11:31:02 AM »
As with any new product, there will always be someone who's gonna try to make it look bad when they're using a competing product. Reading the stats, it looks to be a good or better product. Just by common sense, the power pole thingy looks like over time the chicken wing deployment can fatigue over time at the pivoting joints. I'm sure the talon would face the same fatigue with it's moving parts too so I think you guys are coming to a conclusion too soon.

right now its purely speculations. I hope Will holds onto the talon so he can give better reviews come summer...

Advertisements