Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485872 times)

Photocycle

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1770 on: February 02, 2011, 03:54:14 PM »
Will! Freakin hackers found a way to overclock the Humminbird 800/900 series for a faster clock speed... perhaps will make loading lakemaster chips a lot faster!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1771 on: February 02, 2011, 03:59:50 PM »
:D where's the hacking part? oh yeah, just got roundhouse!

blablablablabla

« Reply #1772 on: February 03, 2011, 07:16:07 AM »
 ;D

Photocycle

« Reply #1773 on: February 03, 2011, 08:48:06 AM »
lol pwnage!

papa

« Reply #1774 on: February 03, 2011, 10:08:44 AM »
interesting, hbc starting an elite. O0 so this will be the best of the best huh? O0

blablablablabla

« Reply #1775 on: February 03, 2011, 10:11:22 AM »
Its for anyone that loves the sport that wants to compete by themselves.  You can't blame it on your partner anymore.  O0

Photocycle

« Reply #1776 on: February 03, 2011, 10:17:09 AM »
I can only afford one tournament... i'll prob do HBC, not sure about elites.. that's another $100 bucks + gas that I prob can't afford. You doing it Will?

blablablablabla

« Reply #1777 on: February 03, 2011, 10:21:22 AM »
I can only afford one tournament... i'll prob do HBC, not sure about elites.. that's another $100 bucks + gas that I prob can't afford. You doing it Will?

If I can fit it in my schedule than yes.  Lately, I have to plan my weekends a month or two in advance.  :idiot2:

papa

« Reply #1778 on: February 03, 2011, 10:31:38 AM »
well, thanks to google, from my research, they should make this solid. meaning make it a serious club that you have to pay a nonrefundable percent up front to secure your spot whether you decide to fish one or more is up to you. kinda of like a down payment or security deposit that's nonrefundable. this way you don't get those who just wants to jump in for a tournament here and there. no iffy's guys. you guys know what i mean. you either decide before the first tournament starts whether you're going to fish or not and after the first one starts, no more entree's. this way you only get the ones who's serious and not flukes. just my opinion.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1779 on: February 03, 2011, 12:21:40 PM »
The singles tournament will be good and bad for HBC...

Good because people who already fish alone or want to fish alone will choose this over the team events

Bad because not everyone who wants to fish both will be able to afford it or have the time.

It will pull anglers away from the team event and less people means less money for that club.

Who knows though...maybe only 4 - 5 boats will show up for the singles event if even that. I'm sure a lot of the guys who fish HBC don't want to fork up another 100 bucks + gas for another 7 events a year when they pay 130 + gas for the other 7 events. I hope it does well though. If time and money permits I will fish maybe one event of the singles.

papa

« Reply #1780 on: February 03, 2011, 12:27:47 PM »
isn't the team tournament a shared cost already? at $130, it's only $65/person. so it's really only $165. gas is a hobby expense, not really a tournament expense. i don't think it would pull anglers away from the team tournaments at all because i think the same guys who's fishing the singles is are dedicated hardcores that wants to fish more and often so they'll fish both singles and team tournaments.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #1781 on: February 03, 2011, 02:00:27 PM »
isn't the team tournament a shared cost already? at $130, it's only $65/person. so it's really only $165. gas is a hobby expense, not really a tournament expense. i don't think it would pull anglers away from the team tournaments at all because i think the same guys who's fishing the singles is are dedicated hardcores that wants to fish more and often so they'll fish both singles and team tournaments.

Although it's a team tournament there are some guys who pay for all of it and only have the coangler in the boat to catch fish and be legal with 8 fish. Also the boater will absorb almost all the costs of maintenance on the boat and truck. The boater also pays for most of the gas for the tournament and for prefishing.

I know for my boat when I prefish I am prefishing by myself because my partners don't have the time or can't make it on the days I prefish. I pay for the gas in the boat and the truck. When tourney day comes my partners put in 20 bucks each for gas and then we split the tourney costs. That's just me. Some guys don't ask their partners to pay for anything while others will split everything 50/50. I don't do that because if I were a non boater splitting everthing 50\50 I would expect some time at the front of the boat.

Again though...not a lot of guys are here to make this sport a living. If they are..they gonna go hungry...LOL

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1782 on: February 03, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »
Don't you guys work? Everyday I come here, I always see you guys? j/k

Yes, the boat owner absorbs more. Insr, maintenance, boat pymt, truck gas...boat gas....yelling from the wife or g/f and the list goes on.

papa

« Reply #1783 on: February 03, 2011, 03:43:32 PM »
Although it's a team tournament there are some guys who pay for all of it and only have the coangler in the boat to catch fish and be legal with 8 fish. Also the boater will absorb almost all the costs of maintenance on the boat and truck. The boater also pays for most of the gas for the tournament and for prefishing.

I know for my boat when I prefish I am prefishing by myself because my partners don't have the time or can't make it on the days I prefish. I pay for the gas in the boat and the truck. When tourney day comes my partners put in 20 bucks each for gas and then we split the tourney costs. That's just me. Some guys don't ask their partners to pay for anything while others will split everything 50/50. I don't do that because if I were a non boater splitting everthing 50\50 I would expect some time at the front of the boat.

Again though...not a lot of guys are here to make this sport a living. If they are..they gonna go hungry...LOL
the only problem i see with 50/50 is it really isn't 50/50. the non-boater isn't paying ins, boat pymt, maint, etc. the non-boater can't or shouldn't expect to get the front of the boat at all. even though the non-boater is chipping 50/50 for entree, he's already getting to be in the boat so he shouldn't ask for more. i conclude that a non-boater has no right to get mad if the boater denies front usage. it's just how it is.

in the end, a non-boater should never complain of anything unless the boater is an absolute ass.

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1784 on: February 03, 2011, 03:46:39 PM »
Know your partner.

Advertisements