Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485811 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1815 on: February 28, 2011, 11:44:53 PM »
 O0

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

blablablablabla

« Reply #1816 on: March 11, 2011, 07:05:05 AM »
Just a few more weeks left guys!!!   O0

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1817 on: March 11, 2011, 09:34:13 AM »
Just a few more weeks left guys!!!   O0

YES!!! Ice out is usually the first couple week of April.

blablablablabla

« Reply #1818 on: March 11, 2011, 10:12:24 AM »
the river is open year round, I don't wait for ice out  ;D  O0 it gonna be crazy with all this high water!!!

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1819 on: March 11, 2011, 10:50:16 AM »
Yes, river is all year round. Ice out is for lakes.

I will probably try to get out in a few weeks too if weather permits.

papa

« Reply #1820 on: March 16, 2011, 01:14:21 PM »
Almost here huh boi's!!!!!!

addisonlee

« Reply #1821 on: March 16, 2011, 01:42:02 PM »
Never knew WI had black bass.  

A pair of nearly identical largemouth bass were caught during a guided outting on a Central Wisconsin lake (near Mosinee), by Phil Schweik of Hooksetter's Fishing & Hunting Guide Services of Mosinee, Wisconsin.

http://www.wisconsinoutdoorfun.com/article/20110312/WOF05/110312005/Nearly-identical-largemouth-bass-taken-near-Mosinee

blablablablabla

« Reply #1822 on: March 17, 2011, 10:35:08 AM »
just a few more weeks......i hope this warm up comes fast so the high water leaves quickly.....  I've got 40 gallons of last years gas to burn up  ;D 

blablablablabla

« Reply #1823 on: March 17, 2011, 10:52:10 AM »
Blaster you ever get around to installing the HB unit in your dash??

Also, if anyone needs their outboard service or checked give Mike or Bill at Simply Fishing in Wyoming, MN a call.  They do great work and Bill does great rebuilds and service at a very reasonable price.  He is a certified Mercury and Evinrude Tech.  I drive from WI to drop off and pickup my boat there and it is the only place that I will get my work done. 

I usually don't promote but when its good I will, just passing on the good word. 

O0

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 11:04:05 AM by blablablablabla »

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1824 on: March 17, 2011, 11:38:32 AM »
Blaster you ever get around to installing the HB unit in your dash??

Also, if anyone needs their outboard service or checked give Mike or Bill at Simply Fishing in Wyoming, MN a call.  They do great work and Bill does great rebuilds and service at a very reasonable price.  He is a certified Mercury and Evinrude Tech.  I drive from WI to drop off and pickup my boat there and it is the only place that I will get my work done. 

I usually don't promote but when its good I will, just passing on the good word. 

O0

Not yet. Been busy remodeling my house. I should have the HB installed by next weekend. All winter I've been debating on HB 800 and 900 SI & DI units, but after some very careful thought there's a lot of modification needed  and no longer the units will be flushed, instead they will either stick out or dumbo ears flapping at WOT. Also, I don't think I will need SI but I know I will use DI a lot so I'm going to pick up 2 of the new 2011 788ci DI. I will e-mail you if I need help installing these units next week.

Speaking of referrals. If you need skeg or prop work, check out Mark's Prop in Stacy, MN. Its a small shop but these guys did a real good job on my skeg for an affordable rate. They specialize in welding, skegs, props and they will make your skeg or prop look like new.

blablablablabla

« Reply #1825 on: March 18, 2011, 06:43:47 AM »

Not yet. Been busy remodeling my house. I should have the HB installed by next weekend. All winter I've been debating on HB 800 and 900 SI & DI units, but after some very careful thought there's a lot of modification needed  and no longer the units will be flushed, instead they will either stick out or dumbo ears flapping at WOT. Also, I don't think I will need SI but I know I will use DI a lot so I'm going to pick up 2 of the new 2011 788ci DI. I will e-mail you if I need help installing these units next week.

Speaking of referrals. If you need skeg or prop work, check out Mark's Prop in Stacy, MN. Its a small shop but these guys did a real good job on my skeg for an affordable rate. They specialize in welding, skegs, props and they will make your skeg or prop look like new.

get a 800/900 or even a 1100 series, you won't regret it!  With a rig like yours, I'd run a 1198 and a 1158 with ethernet.   O0

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1826 on: March 18, 2011, 10:08:59 AM »
LOL...I'm never content with anything I own and I'm sure if I got a 700, down the road I will probably look at the 900's.  ;D

My wife hates it when I always upgrade and says I should just get what I really want. This could be my ticket.  >:D

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:16:55 AM by bASS_BLASTER »

papa

« Reply #1827 on: March 19, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »
it's nice to have a supportive spouse.  :)

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1828 on: March 21, 2011, 03:52:50 PM »
it's nice to have a supportive spouse.  :)

idk ?? So far they've been traps. Sometimes she sets it up for something beyond my comprehension. So nowadays if its too good to be true, it comes with a price....there ain't no such thing as a free meal.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 04:03:04 PM by bASS_BLASTER »

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: March 22, 2011, 07:55:30 AM »
Never knew WI had black bass.  

A pair of nearly identical largemouth bass were caught during a guided outting on a Central Wisconsin lake (near Mosinee), by Phil Schweik of Hooksetter's Fishing & Hunting Guide Services of Mosinee, Wisconsin.

http://www.wisconsinoutdoorfun.com/article/20110312/WOF05/110312005/Nearly-identical-largemouth-bass-taken-near-Mosinee

Those are some huge largemouths.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Advertisements