Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485809 times)

chino

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #1890 on: April 19, 2011, 08:25:39 PM »
BB, always go for biggest batteries that fit your boat. 1000 cc is what you should get.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1891 on: April 20, 2011, 09:37:34 AM »
BB, always go for biggest batteries that fit your boat. 1000 cc is what you should get.

I don't understand why the dealer put an interstate deep cycle for cranking the main motor and jackplate. Wish I could put the biggest battery but there's no room. The battery sits in a custom tray and the oil container sits on top of that. It was designed to balance weight.

q

« Reply #1892 on: April 20, 2011, 10:08:35 AM »
hello new folks O0

blablablablabla

« Reply #1893 on: April 20, 2011, 01:08:38 PM »
I don't understand why the dealer put an interstate deep cycle for cranking the main motor and jackplate. Wish I could put the biggest battery but there's no room. The battery sits in a custom tray and the oil container sits on top of that. It was designed to balance weight.

I run 3 group 29s in my rig.  The starting battery was a group 27?  the tray didn't fit so I modified it.  All of mine are dual purpose deep cycle, what other batteries can you put in there besides deep cycle?????  Automotive battrees?? 

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:13:44 PM by blablablablabla »

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1894 on: April 20, 2011, 01:36:20 PM »
I run 3 group 29s in my rig.  The starting battery was a group 27?  the tray didn't fit so I modified it.  All of mine are dual purpose deep cycle, what other batteries can you put in there besides deep cycle?????  Automotive battrees??  

I currently have 2,  Group 27 Interstate Deep Cycle  (Not AGM) for trolling motor and electronics. Just replaced the a Group 24 Interstate deep cycle with an AGM 750 for the cranking/main motor. The battery storage is designed to fit 5 batteries but that's unnecessary for me. Maybe in the future if I want to add a 101lb Minnkota and subwoofers, I will add 2 more.

You guys running all dry batteries?

blablablablabla

« Reply #1895 on: April 20, 2011, 02:09:03 PM »
I think you'll need to ditch that grp24.   O0  On a good day I'll run the livewell all day, 3 fishfinders and maybe charge the phone.  You should get rid of them 27s and that 24 and get the biggest you can get in there.  I'd run agms but at almost $2xx.xx a piece, no thanks.  I'll stick to my cheap walmart everstarts.  I've been stranded once, luckily with a south wind and nice home owner he brought out a charger to jump start the boat.  Well i'll never forget to plug in my charger ever again.   >:D

Photocycle

« Reply #1896 on: April 20, 2011, 02:15:40 PM »
^that's why I have paddles in my boat. lol

I took them out and stored them in the garage this past weekend... wondering if I should put them back in...

blablablablabla

« Reply #1897 on: April 20, 2011, 02:41:37 PM »
^that's why I have paddles in my boat. lol

I took them out and stored them in the garage this past weekend... wondering if I should put them back in...

I carry a paddle at all times.  O0   Paddling a 1500lb piece of fiberglass with a good swift wind don't work too well.  ;D

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1898 on: April 20, 2011, 02:55:03 PM »
I've already ditched that 24 and got an AGM Grp 27 just for the main motor. I'll continue to use the current other Interstate deep cycles Grp 27's until they go bad.

I don't own any paddles in the boat. Always charge my batteries after each use and never been dead on the lake before. I normally test my batteries but the grp 24 was brand new last year, didn't figure it would give up on me. I should put a set of oars in the boat just in case.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:58:57 PM by bASS_BLASTER »

q

« Reply #1899 on: April 20, 2011, 05:08:05 PM »
Go no less than AGM group 27, in a car you're fine with just about any that's meets it's requirement because you're on land with help easily accessible, but on the water, don't skimp out. And you gotta always have a paddle in the boat to keep them ducks off the boat.

I'm just waiting on the St. Croix to go down enough so I can go chase me some whities.

Photocycle

« Reply #1900 on: April 20, 2011, 10:56:38 PM »
I don't own any paddles in the boat. Always charge my batteries after each use and never been dead on the lake before. I normally test my batteries but the grp 24 was brand new last year, didn't figure it would give up on me. I should put a set of oars in the boat just in case.

Paddles or push-pole are a must if you plan on fishing the river.

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #1901 on: April 20, 2011, 11:17:22 PM »
Push poles are so useful.  O0

blablablablabla

« Reply #1902 on: April 21, 2011, 06:35:52 AM »
 :)

blablablablabla

« Reply #1903 on: April 21, 2011, 06:37:46 AM »

I'm just waiting on the St. Croix to go down enough so I can go chase me some whities.

why does the water have to go down to chase them whitefish for?

q

« Reply #1904 on: April 21, 2011, 06:53:44 AM »
why does the water have to go down to chase them whitefish for?
Because where I wanna launch from is closed. Up stream be too damn far.

Advertisements